PDA

View Full Version : Hogs offer Miles?

Dahoss2002
11-28-2012, 06:20 AM
As a Tiger fan I hope it dont happen. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8684939/arkansas-razorbacks-make-offer-lsu-tigers-coach-les-miles-according-report

Striker
11-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Why would he go to Arkansas? The increase in pay? In his current contract, if Miles wins a national title his salary jumps up $1k above the highest paid coach in the SEC, I will guess that is Saban, which is around $5.4 million a year. If he said no to Michigan, his alma mater, not sure why he would leave LSU for the Hogs.

ElKabong
11-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Miles just signed an extension, got a big raise. Have to wonder how far the Ark negotiations really went.

This is a bad year to be looking for a coach. Petrino has (probably) Tennessee, Auburn and who knows who else after him including Kentucky - who doesn't stand a chance.....This is Petrino we're talking about....an assclown. Good coach, but an assclown, liar and a POS. That's enough to tell you there ain't much out there to choose from.

sandpit
11-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Kentucky already got their man: Mark Stoops, DC from Florida St. In 3 years, he took a team ranked 108th in defense to second-ranked this year. It all starts with defense in the SEC, something KY is sorely lacking, so good for them I'd say.

Charlie Strong at Louisville is interviewing with Auburn. Just a couple years removed from the SEC and he's already itching to get back in.

Robert Goren
11-29-2012, 03:38 AM
The coaching merry-go-round is up and running now in college. Money powers it. Crazy things happen all the time unless you look at the money. Auburn wins the National championship and two years latter after a bad year fires its coach. You think he would have gotten a little longer, but...Of course Nebraska pulled the plug on its after coach after a season which most teams would consider good year about 10 years ago. Learned to regret it and had fire his replacement 4 years later. The one they have got now is a 7 (maybe an 8) win season from being out the door too.
The NFL coaching merry-go-round will start any time now. They don't wait until the end of the season to start firing coaches. Some times I think the "off season" stuff is more entertaining than the games.

cj
11-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Kentucky already got their man: Mark Stoops, DC from Florida St. In 3 years, he took a team ranked 108th in defense to second-ranked this year. It all starts with defense in the SEC, something KY is sorely lacking, so good for them I'd say.

Charlie Strong at Louisville is interviewing with Auburn. Just a couple years removed from the SEC and he's already itching to get back in.

But isn't Stoops the same guy that had them at 108th in the first place?

sandpit
11-29-2012, 07:30 PM
But isn't Stoops the same guy that had them at 108th in the first place?

That was when he got there; much improved now obviously...word is he's bringing FSU's OC with him to Lexington as well.

cj
11-29-2012, 07:33 PM
That was when he got there; much improved now obviously...word is he's bringing FSU's OC with him to Lexington as well.

Gotcha, I misunderstood. This won't end well though. Kentucky is a football outpost.