PDA

View Full Version : Post-US world born in Phnom Penh

Steve R
11-27-2012, 02:39 PM
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/NK27Dj02.html

Greyfox
11-27-2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/NK27Dj02.html

Interesting article, but I'm suspicious of any author who purports that not being included in that current club is the worst humiliation that the U.S. has ever suffered.

Yes. America's influence has faded in the last four years.

But it should be noted that America is still engaged in talks with 17 other Pacific Rim countries who are members of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum.

Tom
11-27-2012, 03:29 PM
If Obama wanted in, we are better off out.

ArlJim78
11-27-2012, 04:42 PM
it may have been written with a little hyperbole, but the thrust of the article is correct. we're in a death spiral and don't figure to factor nearly as strongly in the future. Asia and South America are still on the rise.

Robert Fischer
11-27-2012, 05:30 PM
"plus... India, Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand"

these are basically satellites of the west.

we've got 5 members in the club.

Tom
11-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Remember, we can grow, mine, or make anything we need right here on our land with our people. It is high time we started doing it.

Robert Goren
11-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Remember, we can grow, mine, or make anything we need right here on our land with our people. It is high time we started doing it. Tom is right.

rastajenk
11-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Couldn't sell Chicago to the Olympians...can't sell the US to the Asians.

How come we the people buy his crap when no one else in the world does? :confused:

sammy the sage
11-28-2012, 07:55 AM
John Garang Chol · Top Commenter · Dallas Colleges
""The neoLiberal financialization employed by the US is extractive. There is no investment in productive enterprises. The US financial predators are finding out that the world is sick of them. The US financial corporations have brought nothing but misery to the entire world."'

The very 1st comment after the blog.is correct and astute