PDA

View Full Version : Taulbot's Pace Computer 3.0

rlopez781
11-27-2012, 05:44 AM
I'd like to know how regular users play the program's top picks.Do they use the Raw Ratings by itself or the Raw + Angle Points ?Which one is better?

Ray

atlasaxis
11-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Ray,

I look at all contenders within 10 points of RR's top selection. Only to those contenders do I add the APP to zero in on my selection which must be within 20 points of the top RR + APP.

Tom

Zodiac
11-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Atlasaxis
What is your appreciation from this tool I am looking to get it to give me another angle on my handicapping.
Zodiac

atlasaxis
11-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Atlasaxis
What is your appreciation from this tool I am looking to get it to give me another angle on my handicapping.
Zodiac

Zodiac,

What I appreciate most is its simplicity. Here is a methodology that was developed back in the 1950s, that STILL has a positive stand alone application today! Ray Taulbot, imho, was a handicapping genius far ahead of his time and whose principles are incorporated into many modern day 'capping software programs. One of Ray Taulbot’s greatest contribution to racing was in basing his pace calc ratings on the fact that:
ALL WINNING HORSES EITHER SET OR OVERCOME THE PACE OF THE RACE; one of the few incontrovertible truths of handicapping.

Tom

DeltaLover
11-27-2012, 02:23 PM
What is the definition of PACE in this statement?

atlasaxis
11-27-2012, 09:33 PM
What is the definition of PACE in this statement?

Pace = The variations in rates of speed during a race.

jk3521
11-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Atlasaxis,

Have you tried modifying the settings?

atlasaxis
11-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Atlasaxis,

Have you tried modifying the settings?

Yes JK, but I try not to deviate too much from the default settings as it's all too easy to get caught up in the changes.

Tom

rlopez781
11-28-2012, 05:23 PM
I installed the Pace Computer on my Virtual Machine-XP Mode.I downloaded the update from The Programmer's old website and followed the instructions on how to run it.The update "PC3" keeps giving me the message that it cannot find the drive where my Pace Computer program is,even though it's in the same same 'C:' drive but in a different directory.I would appreciate any help from experience users.Thanks.

Ray

rlopez781
11-28-2012, 05:27 PM
I tried to put it in the same directory as the main program,tried it in a different one but still the 'update' can't find it.I don't know what to do next.

rlopez781
11-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Got an updated version from a real gentleman who just wants to stay anonymous.Thank you so much,guy.

Zodiac
12-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Got an updated version from a real gentleman who just wants to stay anonymous.Thank you so much,guy.

Rlopez781

What is the win percentage of the first choice on a long run?
Thanks
Zodiac

rlopez781
12-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I think Atlasaxis may be more qualified to answer that because he's got extensive knowledge of the program and has been using it for quite some time.He has also posted selections from the program on this board often.
I use it with MPH.I like it's past performance lines better than BRIS Custom PP Generator.It's got a very good auto pace line selection but I still override it once in awhile.I look at its top 3-4 picks and compare it with the Quirin Pace and Speed Figures and betting odds line of MPH,looking closely at the top 2 rankings on AP.I'm very selective on the races I play and I am a two-horse bettor.I've been using both programs for only a few weeks and I don't have an extensive number of races yet but so far i'm very happy with it.