PDA

View Full Version : Walmart was busy...parking a challenge...to say the least

sammy the sage
11-23-2012, 08:53 PM
so much for the strike...but you'd better BE PACKin' if ya wanna park :faint:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/2-shot-outside-Tallahassee-Walmart/-/475880/17531572/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/d9605hz/-/index.html

sammy the sage
11-26-2012, 03:35 AM
Also...if you try to steal...be prepared TO die!

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/alleged-shoplifter-dies-after-being-subdued-by-wal/nTFPx/

HUSKER55
11-26-2012, 07:00 AM
somewhere I read that walmart only pays $9 an hour. To risk life and limb for $9 ........that walmart spokes person was correct...no amount of money is worth this.

let the police handle it when they get outside

JustRalph
11-26-2012, 08:00 AM
somewhere I read that walmart only pays $9 an hour. To risk life and limb for $9 ........that walmart spokes person was correct...no amount of money is worth this.

let the police handle it when they get outside

From min wage to 16 an hour depending on the market.

TJDave
11-26-2012, 03:52 PM
From min wage to 16 an hour depending on the market.

And, they get to be called 'associates'.

If there ever were justification for a union it would be Walmart.

johnhannibalsmith
11-26-2012, 03:58 PM

Yeah, if the dues were just $1 a week, they'd be raking in over a hundred million a year.

TJDave
11-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah, if the dues were just $1 a week, they'd be raking in over a hundred million a year.

Yeah, kinda like the Walton kids. :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
11-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Similar indeed.

JustRalph
11-26-2012, 06:17 PM
http://twitchy.com/2012/11/26/more-strikesgiving-fail-walmart-workers-thankful-tweet-i-love-my-job-at-walmart/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

A few are thankful for their jobs

Tom
11-26-2012, 06:21 PM
And, they get to be called 'associates'.

Why is that?
How do they mistreat their employees?
Do you think that if they unionized, WM would keep all those people on the payroll? If the whine is part time jobs, figure half the people working there would be let go.

Now, unless you are a lib and welfare is a career path for you, a part time job is better than a no job.

Do you really think most Walmart employees bring some special skills to the job that they are worth more?

johnhannibalsmith
11-26-2012, 06:25 PM

"Wen i talked to my job sound like dey was happy to hear my voice! feel gud to b at a job u enjoy! I LOVE MY WALMART FAMILY!!"

This one has good reason to be thankful for the job.

Tom
11-26-2012, 06:29 PM
It is called minimum wage incorrectly.
Many, many people contribute nowhere near anything remotely worth the pay they get.

For some workers, it should be called negative wage. :lol:
If I have offended any workers out there, please call me on your Obama Phone......I just know you have a couple. :lol::lol::lol:

TJDave
11-26-2012, 06:30 PM

Don't doubt that one bit.

Many more are thankful just to have a job, period. Those are the kind of employees Walmart loves. ;)

Tom
11-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Without Walmart, where do you suppose they would take those valuable skills to sell? :rolleyes:

Many people should be thankful Walmart will hire them.

TJDave
11-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Without Walmart, where do you suppose they would take those valuable skills to sell? :rolleyes:

Many people should be thankful Walmart will hire them.

Regardless, they should be treated fairly and respectfully, agreed?

Tom
11-26-2012, 06:54 PM

Who says there are not?

wisconsin
11-26-2012, 06:57 PM

In what way are they not treated fairly? And workers at K-Mart, Target and your local chain grocery store are treated differently?

My son was a stocker at a local Pick 'N Save and was forced to join the union to the effect of about $5 per week in dues. Boy, that sure made his work life easier :rolleyes: He said it was a waste of his money.

TJDave
11-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Who says there are not?

Many current and former employees.

rastajenk
11-26-2012, 07:55 PM
In a pool of workers that size, it shouldn't be hard to find some discontents. Doesn't prove anything, does it?

wisconsin
11-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Many current and former employees.

Funny,

I know a couple of employees personally and have sold cars to employees, and I get a different tune. One particular guy I know has told me that the ones who piss and moan and complain are the very ones who say they are treated unfairly.

The property taxes these stores pay can carry a town. The cosumer is the one who benefits from these stores. The commomn attitude of Wal mart buying Chinese is flawed. Wal Mart sells tons of U.S. made products.

TJDave
11-26-2012, 08:05 PM
In a pool of workers that size, it shouldn't be hard to find some discontents. Doesn't prove anything, does it?

I'm not trying to prove anything.

In a pool of workers that size I suppose you could find pretty much anyone to say anything.

wisconsin
11-26-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm not trying to prove anything.

You are trying to make a case for a union to move in on WalMart and you also insinuate that the workers there are treated unfairly.

TJDave
11-26-2012, 09:47 PM
You are trying to make a case for a union to move in on WalMart and you also insinuate that the workers there are treated unfairly.

What I am saying is based on the reports I have seen and read Walmart workers are being treated unfarily. It would be up to the employees to decide for or against collective bargaining. Would make me no difference either way.

Tom
11-26-2012, 10:33 PM
What do the reports specify?