PDA

View Full Version : Pats. 3 TDs in 52 seconds

Zippy Chippy
11-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Does anyone know if this is a record? Seems impossible . We may see Tebow soon!

cj
11-22-2012, 09:43 PM
They will never play Tebow. Ryan should probably be fired anyway (after the GM), but if he plays him and he does well, he looks even worse.

pandy
11-22-2012, 10:05 PM
As a life long Jets fan, this is driving me nuts. Sanchez is a second stringer at best, he won the first two years because the Jets had a great defense and running game.

It's a shame because Rex Ryan has done a good job as a coach with one exception, he picked Sanchez out of the draft and has stuck with him, and it will probably cost him his job. I'm not sure if Tebow is the answer, there's no way to know how good he will be long term, but unless he is injured (and he does have bruised ribs) he should start the second half of this game.

Robert Goren
11-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Normally I like Lenny Kravitz, but tonight he was just like the Jets in the first half. Playing like he/they want to be someplace else, any place else, just going through the motions.

Maximillion
11-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Not sure what belichek is trying to acomplish here-just get on the plane.

Robert Fischer
11-23-2012, 01:16 AM
If there is something they have against Tebow, then find out if Greg McElroy can play.

It seems like politics are in play in NY.

Kyle Orton was having a better year last year in Denver than Sanchez is having in NY. Tebow was able to be part of a better team effort than Orton.

Sanchez has a QBR of 32.8 which is 31st in the league.
Tebow had a QBR of 29.9 with Denver.

That isn't much difference and both are terrible numbers.

Tebow is kind of odd, because he significantly improves the running game and time of possession over a guy like Sanchez or Orton.

pandy
11-23-2012, 09:21 AM
As it turned out Tebow has two broken ribs and they weren't going to play him at all regardless last night. He should not have suited up because the fans were shouting for him not knowing that he was not available, terrible P.R. by the Jets.

They should have given McElroy a shot last night.

Robert Goren
11-23-2012, 09:32 AM
There is lot more wrong with the Jets than the QB. Sanchez stinks, but so does a lot of other Jets players especially those in the offensive line.

MaTH716
11-23-2012, 10:45 AM
As it turned out Tebow has two broken ribs and they weren't going to play him at all regardless last night. He should not have suited up because the fans were shouting for him not knowing that he was not available, terrible P.R. by the Jets.

They should have given McElroy a shot last night.

I'm guessing that the Jets wanted the Pats to spend time practicing wildcat formations this past week in practice. Them dressing Tebow last night was nothing more than a ploy (more than usual last night) to keep the Pats coaches on their toes.

I do agree that last night in the second half would have been a great time to kick the tires on McElroy and see if they have a possible QB candidate of the future there. It's something that they should think about going forward, because it looks like the team is going nowhere quickly with the current QB. But then again, they don't even let Tebow get any kind of consistent playing time.

pandy
11-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Wow, now I see that McElroy was inactive for the Jets in the game, which means that with Tebow having two broke ribs, the Jets actually had no backup. Tebow would have played if Sanchez got injured. That explains why McElroy wasn't called in to mop up in the 4th quarter and why Tebow was in uniform with two cracked ribs.

Ryan thought about activating McElroy before the game but didn't, which makes no sense when your backup QB is injured. I'm starting to wonder about Ryan.