PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Preview Stakes

lamboguy
11-22-2012, 02:08 PM
trainer B.Baffert sends out 4 out of the 5 2 yo fillies in the race and runs 1-2-3-4.

nice country

outofthebox
11-22-2012, 02:58 PM
trainer B.Baffert sends out 4 out of the 5 2 yo fillies in the race and runs 1-2-3-4.

nice countryActuall his were colts. Peter Miller was kind enough to fill the race with a filly. Oddly enough Bafferts longest price of the four wins it...

lamboguy
11-25-2012, 05:35 AM
this thread only got 1 resp onse!

after watching New York Stake races yesterday i noticed that Todd Pletcher won a bunch of stake races there. i was thinking that its not that hard to do when you enter 3 horses in 7 horse fields.

the way it looks to me is that this game has 90% of the stake races won by 10% of the trainers. sometimes i wonder how any people would be watching the NFL if the teams from New York and California would win the super bowl every year? would the NFL still exist under those circumstances?

another thing that i often think about in racing is how the trainers are getting away with cheating? anyone can tell who the trainers are that seem to work miracles turning horses around. i wonder why the racetracks don't place security guards in the barn area's of the squares that over-achieve. when someone is on their property they have every right to do it!

Tom
11-25-2012, 09:51 AM
The concentration of top horses in a limited number of barns is nothing but bad news. What can you do about it?

Online poker? :rolleyes:

MickJ26
11-25-2012, 10:07 AM
The real question is why are stakes races so hard to fill? If it weren't for Pletcher and Baffert, we may not have any stakes races anymore, it seems like.