PDA

View Full Version : Win Willy

billyball
11-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Do think this happened?--- workout---DELAWARE PARK November 21st, 2012 Distance: Three Furlongs Breed Type: Thoroughbred Surface: Dirt Track: Fast Win Willy (KY) Horse 6 39.60 b

2nd race - Penn National - Wednesday, November 21, 2012

2 San Pablo Christopher P. DeCarlo 2.80 2.20
1 Norman Asbjornson Julian Pimente 4.20
7 Isn't He Perfect Michael J. Luzzi
Also ran: 5 - Win Willy

anybody know if this is true----that Win Willy worked at Delaware in the AM and raced at Penn Nat in the PM---

tbwinner
11-22-2012, 02:29 AM
Yes, I believe I saw somewhere on Facebook posted by a racing source that Win Willy blew out 3F this morning before the race.

billyball
11-22-2012, 03:11 AM
thanks for info----just do not know what to make of that move---

maclr11
11-22-2012, 03:12 AM
I remember on the Derby trail Mac Robertson had said that he was a real quirky one, and that he was very high strung. Maybe because they thought he would be better in the trailer if he didnt have as much energy. Mac Robertson is sharp, I'm sure he had a very good reason for it, it just didnt work out this time.

lamboguy
11-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Big Brown blew out the morning that he won the Kentucky Derby. some horses need this.

Delawaretrainer
11-22-2012, 07:31 AM
It is totally possible that he breezed the morning of...however....there was a clocking situation going on at Delaware where he is stabled and he may have had to. When the meet ended, the horseman were unable to secure winter stabling. Then, management refused to let any works go to equibase from Delaware Park as they did in previous years unless the horseman hired their own clocker. That clocker started on Wednesday the 21st. Penn requires a 30 day work to run and this horse was just short.

Robert Goren
11-22-2012, 08:18 AM
This happens more than you think. You have to check the local WO sheet because PPs wouldn't show it. Even then sometimes the WOs aren't available to the public until after the race is run. I am not sure if there is a betting angle here. It might be something somebody with right kind of data base might want to look into.

Tom
11-22-2012, 09:47 AM
It certainly helped him out in the evening race.