PDA

View Full Version : Pandy on Exacta betting

melman
11-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Some more good reading from Bob Pandolfo on exacta play. And some trifecta play as well. Bob if you have the time do an article on my favorite play the 15% takeout pick4 bet. How to set up a ticket, when to spread and when to go cheap or pass all together. I think the computer bots have a harder time with this bet. Some very good overlays on inexpensive tickets. For me when the first leg has one or two live longshots I will take a swing with extra cash. On a 2 per ticket basis up to a max of just under 100. With so many tracks now offering the 50c or 1.00 pic4 the smaller bankroll player is still in play.

http://www.drf.com/news/pandolfo-two-horse-exacta-box-still-among-best-bets

pandy
11-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the compliment and the idea. I'm always open to ideas for columns.

grant miller
11-24-2012, 12:12 AM
hey pandy ,have you thougt abuot a blog about how to catch a driver in a hot -or cold streak?

DeltaLover
11-24-2012, 05:14 AM
But the bottom line is, when the favorite is winning over 40% of the time, it often makes sense to use your value horse in a two-horse box with the favorite.

In my opinion when the favorite is winning over 40% maybe is time to change game....

pandy
11-24-2012, 06:43 AM
hey pandy ,have you thougt abuot a blog about how to catch a driver in a hot -or cold streak?

Years ago I interviewed a lovely women, Emily Faugno, who wrote a book Astro Power at the Racetrack, on how to use Biorhythms to spot a hot harness driver. No joke.

Thanks for the suggestion.

pandy
11-24-2012, 06:46 AM
In my opinion when the favorite is winning over 40% maybe is time to change game....

I've tried but I'm not in charge. Jay Bergman also wrote a column in drf.com/harness about how the long hand holds create more distance in the field and how this hurts the outside flow and closers. I've written countless articles about how the super sulkies hurt the sport. The bottom line is, there are ways to cut down the percent of winning favorites and get better payoffs but the tracks aren't run by people who understand racing or who don't care enough about making the necessary changes to improve the product. Jeff Gural is the only one in the business who's ever contacted me about making changes and taking some of my suggestions.