PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream's plan....hotels, grandstands and Breeder's Cup

1st time lasix
11-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Bloodhorse reports that GP is going to put in two hotels, parking garages, grandstands, and reserved boxes. Evidently they will be trying to get the BC at least once in 2014-2016. I also see they are sticking with their desire to run year round---thus conficting directly with Calder located about 10 minutes away. Any thoughts?

Tom
11-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Time to rotate the tires on the grandstand!

usedtolovetvg
11-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Hasn't Stronach (Group) made these kind of grandiose plans for most of his tracks before?

CryingForTheHorses
11-20-2012, 06:09 PM
The 2 most important things they must do is revamp their track to take the summer monsoons.You have to worry in the winter when they have downpours that they dont cancel.Also the backside will never take all the water and will flood the stalls as it has happened in the winter there and during the summer They have also cancelled races because of the rain.What they could do is move the meet to Calder during the monsoon season so it could be GP at Calder . There is no better track then Calder to handle these kinds of rain here in South Florida. If not then you will see them having to spend a lot more money besides on what they have planned

cj
11-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Hasn't Stronach (Group) made these kind of grandiose plans for most of his tracks before?

Yes, I'll believe those when I see them. He has failed to deliver on countless occasions.

levinmpa
11-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Geez. If they had just left the place the way it was they could have continued hosting Breeders' Cups. Some of my favorite Breeders' Cup moments took place at GP. Too bad they ruined the place. I've always been hopeful that Hialeah Park could get a few weeks of Thorughbred dates in the fall. That would be a great place to host the Cup races. No dirt mile though at Hialeah, but they could run everything else.

1st time lasix
11-20-2012, 06:45 PM
they open in a couple weeks...there will be a new 25 table restaurant above their fan friendly walking ring and the boxes alomg the track are in place They indicate they will break ground on the other improvements in April. Sounds like they are following though on past plans.

1st time lasix
11-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Geez. If they had just left the place the way it was they could have continued hosting Breeders' Cups. Some of my favorite Breeders' Cup moments took place at GP. Too bad they ruined the place. I've always been hopeful that Hialeah Park could get a few weeks of Thorughbred dates in the fall. That would be a great place to host the Cup races. No dirt mile though at Hialeah, but they could run everything else. I agree that without adequate seating they "destroyed" their near term chance to host the Cup weekend....but they certainly didn't destroy the venue. The place is not "ruined" Nice facility,,,good winter weather.... plenty of parking...with numerous restaurant options. The racing is solid...far better than Calder and Tampa by "many lenghts" The facilities for the horsemen are very good.

therussmeister
11-20-2012, 07:47 PM
One of the main reasons their racing is better than Calder is because they race during the best part of the year. I am skeptical Gulfstream racing would be much better than Calder in July.

castaway01
11-20-2012, 08:28 PM
One of the main reasons their racing is better than Calder is because they race during the best part of the year. I am skeptical Gulfstream racing would be much better than Calder in July.

They'd really have to jack up the purses to keep the barns that usually leave in March there all year.

SouthFlorida
11-22-2012, 10:06 PM
The only good thing at the track is the Tiki area and after this year that will be gone!!

Robert Goren
11-22-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree that without adequate seating they "destroyed" their near term chance to host the Cup weekend....but they certainly didn't destroy the venue. The place is not "ruined" Nice facility,,,good winter weather.... plenty of parking...with numerous restaurant options. The racing is solid...far better than Calder and Tampa by "many lenghts" The facilities for the horsemen are very good.They run some better races, but they also run a lot of races are filled with Calder horses too.

Al Gobbi
11-28-2012, 02:37 PM
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-11-27/sports/fl-gulfstream-park-expansion-1128-20121127_1_breeders-cup-gulfstream-park-race-track

year round racing will basically kill the value of any winter session at Gulfstream and might bolster the meets at Fair Grounds and Oaklawn.

The Hawk
11-28-2012, 04:55 PM
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-11-27/sports/fl-gulfstream-park-expansion-1128-20121127_1_breeders-cup-gulfstream-park-race-track

year round racing will basically kill the value of any winter session at Gulfstream and might bolster the meets at Fair Grounds and Oaklawn.

According to this moron, racing should die there anyway:

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2012/11/horse_racing_dying_gulfstream.php

thezeeman333
11-29-2012, 10:28 AM
And the worst part is that Jessica won't be there :mad:

mabred
11-29-2012, 11:39 AM
jessica

she was the best part of the show!!

where is she going?? she is a good handicapper

and eazy on the eyes

mabred

Valuist
11-29-2012, 01:24 PM
According to this moron, racing should die there anyway:

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2012/11/horse_racing_dying_gulfstream.php

I agree; typical moron writer.

Somebody should tell him racing is NOT a star driven sport. It's driven by gambling.

Beachbabe
11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
And the worst part is that Jessica won't be there :mad:

Where did you see this.
She's not back at Fairgrounds (at least I haven't seen her), so where has she ended up if anywhere ?

CryingForTheHorses
11-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Would kind of be nice to see BeachBabe at the mic doing the handicapping.I have heard your easy on the eyes also!!

Beachbabe
11-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Would kind of be nice to see BeachBabe at the mic doing the handicapping.I have heard your easy on the eyes also!!

Ahhh, and here I thought it was my handicapping !!!! :blush:
Thanx, Tom, but I'm not in Fla anymore; although I'm hoping to get back down to Gulfstream for a week, at least, this winter.

BIG49010
12-01-2012, 12:02 PM
jessica

she was the best part of the show!!

where is she going?? she is a good handicapper

and eazy on the eyes

mabred

The way she jerks her head and flips her hair, makes me wonder what the hell is going on with her and annoys the hell out of me. Just tuned in GP and she isn't on this morning, maybe shes gone this year. That works for me!