PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving to All at P.A.

Canarsie
11-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone’s family, friends, associates, and whoever else I missed. Thanksgiving is always a time to reflect on the past year and enjoy company that may not get together again for quite some time.
I would like to give SPECIAL THANKS to the military for defending our great country in these times of turbulence. Many will be without their families today and tens of thousands won’t be on the same continent. Just waking up in the morning and having a cup of coffee or tea is sort of taken for granted without reflecting on the sacrifices these people have made.

I’m also grateful to Mike for putting up a fabulous board where people can voice their opinions and engage in conversations with minimal (of course warranted) interference. THANKS MIKE!!!

As Cicero stated so eloquently “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues”.

Happy Thanksgiving All,

Canarsie

wisconsin
11-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone-be safe.

Ocala Mike
11-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Happy Thanksgiving All,

Canarsie

What Canarsie said.

Assuming you live there, Canarsie, how did you fare during and after Sandy?

Tom
11-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Happy Holiday to most everyone here.

To some, please STUFF IT! :eek::lol:

FantasticDan
11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
ST01bZJPuE0

Greyfox
11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Yes, Happy Thanksgiving.

Wisconsin said "everyone be safe."

I agree Wisc. There are a lot of turkeys here.

All the best,

Greyfox

michiken
11-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Lot's to be thankful for here this year:

a. That I did not die when my appendix exploded 2 years and I was septic.

b. That I can still type, walk, speak after a small stroke last year.

c. That my doctor tells me my PSA is 4 and it might be cancerous but it may be in the EARLY stages. (Seriously guys get tested!)

d. That my pancreas has probably stopped working and has sent my A1C/ diabetes skyrocketing.

e. I have enough pain pills to keep my arthritis from crippling me.

f. I finally got a job that pays decent and lets me work from home.

If weren't for my two nieces who are the apple of my eye, I don't think I could keep going. At least I can still watch the horse races!

Anybody got a cig?

Greyfox
11-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Lot's to be thankful for here this year:

a. That I did not die when my appendix exploded 2 years and I was septic.

b. That I can still type, walk, speak after a small stroke last year.

c. That my doctor tells me my PSA is 4 and it might be cancerous but it may be in the EARLY stages. (Seriously guys get tested!)

d. That my pancreas has probably stopped working and has sent my A1C/ diabetes skyrocketing.

e. I have enough pain pills to keep my arthritis from crippling me.

f. I finally got a job that pays decent and lets me work from home.

If weren't for my two nieces who are the apple of my eye, I don't think I could keep going. At least I can still watch the horse races!

Anybody got a cig?

God Bless you michiken.

Hopefully, things will improve for you by next Thanksgiving.

Greyfox

Tom
11-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Glad to hear from you, Ken. :ThmbUp:
I was wondering where you had gone.

Overlay
11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

horses4courses
11-20-2012, 07:39 PM
To all at PA - have a great holiday!

Robert Goren
11-20-2012, 07:45 PM
I got out rehab monday and into a new apt. I hope to start driving again by the end of next week. For a while things looked pretty bleak. I am thankful for my doctors who found a treatment that works even if it is not a cure and to all the wonderful people who helped during my stay in rehab. There is lot wonderful people out there when you need them. May God bless them all and all of you. I am wishing everybody the happiest of Thanksgiving. I know I will be having one even though I will be eating leftover hamburger helper. I just thankful that it will leftovers of something I was able to cook for myself.

Marshall Bennett
11-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving. Eat well and stay safe. :cool:

Zydeco
11-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone,,,,enjoy your turkey!

PaceAdvantage
11-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! And for all those who have something extra special to be thankful for this year, God Bless!

cj's dad
11-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all. Tomorrow I will be at my high schools annual game vs. our arch rival. This is the longest catholic school rivalry in the nation. Game is played at Ravens stadium. After the game (at 10 AM) there will be a trip to Laurel park with my buds. There is a pie (apple-pumpkin) give away which is free but typically costs me 200-300 $bucks. This is followed by a trip to the local bars in downtown Baltimore where we crash.

Have fun all and please be safe.

Capper Al
11-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Happy turkey day everyone.

Canarsie
11-23-2012, 08:06 AM
What Canarsie said.

Assuming you live there, Canarsie, how did you fare during and after Sandy?

I was right in the middle of it and only lost a gutter because the nails came loose. The only reason for that is I live in the only elevated town on the Bayshore. While every town that boarded us flooded not one spec of water from the ocean reached our streets.

Lost electric for ten days that wasn't too pleasant but after seeing all the damage I felt foolish even bitching about it. The devastation that you see with video doesn't compare to seeing it with your own two eyes in person.

This is way off topic and I rarely comment about politics but I give thanks to our Governor he did an exceptional job. He has a twitter account and kept all the residents affected informed with links to facilitate the process.