PDA

View Full Version : Annoying pop-up message...

thaskalos
11-20-2012, 01:24 PM
When I visit this site, I often get an annoying pop-up message, apparently from this website, marked "Error: A security problem occurred".

The only way to get rid of it is to ctrl-alt-delete and start task manager. But it pops up again soon thereafter.

What gives?

This has been happening for about four days now...and appears to be getting more frequent.

DeltaLover
11-20-2012, 02:55 PM
start from here daskale:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7263434_stop-internet-explorer-errors-displaying.html

PaceAdvantage
11-20-2012, 05:04 PM
When I visit this site, I often get an annoying pop-up message, apparently from this website, marked "Error: A security problem occurred".

The only way to get rid of it is to ctrl-alt-delete and start task manager. But it pops up again soon thereafter.

What gives?

This has been happening for about four days now...and appears to be getting more frequent.Can you put up a screen shot?

What is the source of this error message? It's not from this site, as this site produces no such messages.

It's either coming from your browser, your anti-virus software, or your PC is infected with malware.

thaskalos
11-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Can you put up a screen shot?

What is the source of this error message? It's not from this site, as this site produces no such messages.

It's either coming from your browser, your anti-virus software, or your PC is infected with malware.
That's what I thought too, Mike...but the funny thing is, it doesn't happen when I am browsing other sites; it only happens when I am reading the threads here.

I will try to put up a screen shot when I get home.

PaceAdvantage
11-20-2012, 10:40 PM
That's what I thought too, Mike...but the funny thing is, it doesn't happen when I am browsing other sites; it only happens when I am reading the threads here.

I will try to put up a screen shot when I get home.That doesn't mean it isn't something specific to you. Could be some sort of mechanism on here (some ad, the scripts that generate the pages on the site, etc.) is triggering whatever malware might be on your machine.

If this were something that were happening to a lot of folks on here, somebody else would have posted that by now...

That screenshot might provide a clue as to what is going on...

JustRalph
11-20-2012, 11:39 PM
start from here daskale:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7263434_stop-internet-explorer-errors-displaying.html

ehow links are bad mojo

ehow is a content farm that is banned in lots of places.