PDA

View Full Version : GAPFIRE.COM Ridersup 2012-2013 Contest Rules Acknowledgment

Track Collector
11-19-2012, 09:52 AM
http://paceandcap.com/images/pnc_hdr_right.png (http://www.sartinmethodology.com)
www.SartinMethodology.com (http://www.SartinMethodology.com)

http://www.paceadvantage.com/images/PACS_2013_MD.png (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)

http://www.gapfire.com/images/drpark.gif
GAPFIRE.COM
Gapfire.com Free Play (http://www.gapfire.com/free.htm)

11th ANNUAL
RIDERSUP MEMORIAL
http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/stories/images/aqueduct_logo_L.jpg
INNER TRACK CHALLENGE

PLEASE READ FIRST BEFORE VOTING!

Hello everyone,

Listed below are the rules for the 2012-2013 Ridersup Contest.

Please read the rules carefully, and before you begin participation, click the poll question at the top of this thread and vote Yes. The poll will only allow you to vote one time, so if you do not fully understand the rules, never vote no, but first seek an improved understanding, then come back and vote Yes.

IMPORTANT NOTE --> You will find to the far right of each poll question a highlighted number. Clicking on that number will allow one to see an alphabetic listing of those who have chosen (voted) for that option. This is the ONLY place where the moderators will determine if you have met this contest requirement. Posting below should be limited to rule-related questions only. If you mistakenly post below for the purpose of rules acknowledgement and you fail to vote in the poll above, you will remain INELIGIBLE for contest participation.

Now on to the rules...........

RIDERSUP 2012-2013 AQUEDUCT INNER DIRT CHALLENGE:

1. The object is to accumulate the largest bankroll, using P4 Wagers only, during the Aqueduct "Inner Dirt" meet. Each contest day, a player will be given a $200 allotment to construct his/her wagers.

2. The contest will be open on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays during the Inner Dirt meet, which is usually held from approximately December to mid-March. Exact contest dates will be announced upon determination of the Inner Dirt schedule. UPDATE: Contest start date will be Saturday, 12/15.

3. In order to participate and have your selections scored and count, a player must vote yes (in the poll listed at the top of this thread) that they have read and agree to abide by all contest rules. Your name must appear under the appropriate poll summary before selections are scored on a given day. If you sign up AFTER a given day's selections are scored, subject selections will be deemed invalid, and will not be scored retroactively. Participants may enter the contest at any time, and their are no minimum participation requirements needed to qualify for prizes and PaceAdvantage Contest Series (PACS) award points.

4. On any given contest day, a player may choose to play either the Early Pick 4 or the Late Pick 4. It is not an option to play both.

5. Should racing on a given day be cancelled entirely or in part, the contest will be cancelled for everyone that day, even if consolation P4 payouts are awarded.

6. The base wager amount for each ticket will be $1, and may be increased by $1 increments. Selections must be posted under the proper thread in order to be scored and count. Players are highly encouraged to review their selections for accuracy before clicking the "Submit" button. Individual tickets must be posted vertically, and it is highly recommended that they look like the following example as much as possible.

Early Pick 4
$1 --> 1,2,7,8,10 // 4,8 // 1,5,7,8 // 3,4,7,9 ($160)
$1 --> 1,2 // 4,8 // 1,2,4,6 // 4,7 ($32)
$8 --> 2 // 4 // 4 // 7 ($8)
Total = $200

Should a player wager MORE than $200 total, the selections will be adjusted by reducing the base wager amount of the last ticket by $1, then continuing until the entire group of tickets is in compliance. When a ticket and its associated total shown to the right are not in agreement, it will be assumed that the ticket is correct, and that the math showing its value is incorrect.

7. Selections and/or changes must be made at least one minute prior to off time of the first race in that Pick 4 sequence. Late selections will be considered invalid and not scored. A player is responsible for the accuracy of their forum time stamp.

8. In the event of scratches, the affected horse(s) will be replaced by the Post Time Favorite. Should one of those selections involve any entry, you will receive replacement of the Post Time Favorite ONLY if all runners associated with that entry are scratched. Otherwise, you will have action with the other horses associated with that entry that DO run. The Daily Racing Form Results chart payout numbers shall serve as the basis for determining winning tickets.

9. Self-reporting is acceptable, but not required.

10. The contest management team (Jay Trotter, PaceAdvantage, Track Collector) or the designated representative(s) shall have final say on all matters.

GOOD SKILL and have fun. :)

Jay Trotter
11-30-2012, 04:47 PM
INNER TRACK SCHEDULED TO OPEN
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 12TH

DAY 1 OF CONTEST WILL BE SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15TH

ranchwest
12-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Okay, I want to be certain I understand.

There seems to be a radical departure from past rules. In the past, once a P4 sequence was completed, picks for that sequence were protected. It appears that now if racing is cancelled beyond the early sequence, all selections are invalidated for that day, no contest for that day. If that is the case, I actually like the new rule.

There is one potential problem. I think that if the late P4 does not end on the last race and the two P4 sequences are completed, then the contest should stand for that day, even if subsequent races are cancelled. I know that the late P4 usually runs through the last race, but you never know for sure.

098poi
12-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Is this thing about if you go over $200 your bets will be adjusted new? I think that scoring this is probably a pain enough as it is and if you post an amount that's over then your wager is void. My 2 cents. (200 cents)

Track Collector
12-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Is this thing about if you go over $200 your bets will be adjusted new? I think that scoring this is probably a pain enough as it is and if you post an amount that's over then your wager is void. My 2 cents. (200 cents)

Hello 098poi,

The adjustment (rather than voiding the entire selection) for total wagers over $200 was in place last year.

We try to have some flexibility with these contests. In this specific contest, we could void entire selections if they go over $200. We could also specify one exact way to post selections, and void all that do not follow that EXACT format. We choose not to do that because a significant number of players would not like it and believe we are being too nit-picky, and possibly choose not to participate any more.

Coming up with reasonable and fair rules while at the same time enabling responsible behavior on the part of participants can be a difficult challenge and is sure to result in differing opinions.

Chris

Track Collector
12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Okay, I want to be certain I understand.

There seems to be a radical departure from past rules. In the past, once a P4 sequence was completed, picks for that sequence were protected. It appears that now if racing is cancelled beyond the early sequence, all selections are invalidated for that day, no contest for that day. If that is the case, I actually like the new rule.

There is one potential problem. I think that if the late P4 does not end on the last race and the two P4 sequences are completed, then the contest should stand for that day, even if subsequent races are cancelled. I know that the late P4 usually runs through the last race, but you never know for sure.

Hello ranchwest,

You are absolutely correct on the bolded portion of your text. If it is not handled this way, some players would be given one extra contest day from which to add to their totals, which I believe to be an unfair situation.

The situation noted in your last paragraph was not thought about when the rule was drawn up, so thanks for pointing it out. I fully agree with your reasoning that all winning selections should count, provided that none of day's pick 4 races themselves were cancelled.

Chris

098poi
12-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Hello 098poi,

The adjustment (rather than voiding the entire selection) for total wagers over $200 was in place last year.

We try to have some flexibility with these contests. In this specific contest, we could void entire selections if they go over $200. We could also specify one exact way to post selections, and void all that do not follow that EXACT format. We choose not to do that because a significant number of players would not like it and believe we are being too nit-picky, and possibly choose to to participate any more.

Coming up with reasonable and fair rules while at the same time enabling responsible behavior on the part of participants can be a difficult challenge and is sure to result in differing opinions.

Chris
Thanks for the response. I may well be glad that rule is in place. I usually have to recalculate multiple times.

spicytomato
12-11-2012, 04:25 PM
I have read and understand the rules

I will participate this round ty for the opt :cool:

bitter
12-13-2012, 11:44 AM
read and understand

canadagoose
12-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Just so I understand, is the late P4 races 5-8 or 6-9?

Red Knave
12-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Just so I understand, is the late P4 races 5-8 or 6-9?
Usually 6-9 (and the early is 2-5). On days when they have 10 races it's 7-10.
You can always check it on the NYRA website under Entries.

Enigma
12-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Read the rules I'm in.

midland3333
12-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Read rules and except

canadagoose
12-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Usually 6-9 (and the early is 2-5). On days when they have 10 races it's 7-10.
You can always check it on the NYRA website under Entries.
thanks.

Robert Fischer
12-15-2012, 12:26 PM
signed in.

jfejr67
12-15-2012, 12:33 PM
I have read rules and understand

smokinjoe@bp
12-16-2012, 09:51 AM
voted in.

alydar
12-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Voted

TheEdge07
12-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes read and understand.

jgcanuck
01-04-2013, 09:39 AM
OK, I'm entered and voted yes. I'm new to these contests. How do I enter my picks?

Red Knave
01-04-2013, 10:31 AM
OK, I'm entered and voted yes. I'm new to these contests. How do I enter my picks?
Check out the first post in this thread.
There will be a thread created for each contest day. Contest days are mostly weekends with US holidays added.

Best of luck.

Hammerhead
01-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Understand I hope

BIG RED
01-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Understand I hope

I see your name in there brother :ThmbUp:

joeyp
02-16-2013, 07:38 AM
i have read the rules

Wright Stuff