PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Park Patio Terrace helps Sandy refugees

alhattab
11-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Some of you may know that Monmouth Park's grandstand is temporarily sheltering people that Sandy displaced. I wanted to give a shout-out to Stephanie the Waitress, Judy the Bartender, and the Patio Terrace Teletheater denizens of 11/10, who raised over $1,000 to buy much-needed supplies for the kids who lost their homes and were trying as best they could to cope.

That morning, Stephanie clocked in on the grandstand side and saw firsthand these poor kids, and decided to take action. An idea that started with Stephanie suggesting to Judy that they head out to the store to pick up some things morphed into a grass-roots, day-long fundraising effort by Stephanie and Judy. After some frustration in navigating the red tape, I'm happy to report that on Thurs 11/15 Stephanie and Judy delivered individual, age and gender-tailored pack backs to the kids, as well as supplies for infants and toddlers. Target in Neptune provided a 20% discount.

If you find yourselves at Mth, please thank and congratulate these two wonderful women. I talked to Judy yesterday and she was appropriately so happy and proud of not only her and Stephanie but also of the customers that she serves day in and day out, typically frustrated and frequently spewing vulgarities, but this time showing their kinder, gentler sides.