PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate Lebron?

Zippy Chippy
11-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Everyone seems to hate Lebron including me. I asked 10 people at work today if the Heat played the Lakers who would they root for in the NBA finals. All 10 said Lakers and I'd say 7 emphatically said "Lakers" in a half a second. I live in Boston where obviously the Lakers are hated. I don't think it has anything to do with leaving Cleveland but maybe it does.

Stillriledup
11-16-2012, 11:33 PM
The media twisted the 'decision' into Lebron being a bad person. The NBA wanted to create a 'villian' much like pro wrestling. Most people who say they 'hate' Lebron would love him in a hearbeat if he came to play for their team. Is Lebron the nicest guy in the NBA? NO, but he's not the worst either.

cj's dad
11-17-2012, 01:15 AM
I find it strange that ZC would ask this question re: LBJ and the Lakers when from all that I have read, KB is one of the biggest a--holes in the NBA.

Why would folks jump on the lakers bandwagon so easily ??

Uncle Salty
11-17-2012, 06:23 AM
He left Cleveland in a very ugly way, as I'm sure you've heard.

The whole news media "event" around his decision whether to stay with the Cavs was an unnecessary ego party.

From what I understand, he was running a kids basketball camp in a school in Akron at the time. The camera crews were set up in the gym. He took a break from training local kids to announce that he was going to leave the city for Miami.

I can't imagine how all those kids felt then...they must have been completely deflated. Why would you hold an event like that if you're going to announce that you're leaving? Northeast Ohio sports fans have had it ROUGH for as long as I'm able to remember...the Cavs were the first glimmer of hope for a championship that the city has had in 15 years...

As a Cleveland native, who also spent a couple of years in Akron, I suppose I took this a little more personally but he's forever a douche in my mind. It would take an act of über-charity on his part for me to change my mind.

Jay Trotter
11-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Love Lebron and hate Kobe! That's the way I see it.

That little misstep when leaving Cleveland was just that, a misstep! Kobe on the other hand is a big Arse in my opinion.

cj
11-17-2012, 01:43 PM
I don't think people hate Lebron so much as the idea of a group of players getting together and basically colluding to play together so they could win.

elysiantraveller
11-17-2012, 02:13 PM
He left Cleveland in a very ugly way, as I'm sure you've heard.

The whole news media "event" around his decision whether to stay with the Cavs was an unnecessary ego party.

From what I understand, he was running a kids basketball camp in a school in Akron at the time. The camera crews were set up in the gym. He took a break from training local kids to announce that he was going to leave the city for Miami.

I can't imagine how all those kids felt then...they must have been completely deflated. Why would you hold an event like that if you're going to announce that you're leaving? Northeast Ohio sports fans have had it ROUGH for as long as I'm able to remember...the Cavs were the first glimmer of hope for a championship that the city has had in 15 years...

As a Cleveland native, who also spent a couple of years in Akron, I suppose I took this a little more personally but he's forever a douche in my mind. It would take an act of über-charity on his part for me to change my mind.

This is so inaccurate its funny.

The Decision was held at a Boys and Girls Club in Greenwich, Conn. ESPN actually approached Lebron James' management and asked if they could do the special to which he replied only for charity. The event raised $6 MILLION for the Boys and Girls Club.

Again he was ASKED by ESPN to do the segment. He made them do it for charity. And then was villified by the evil empire afterwards as being "the bad guy."

I get that if you are a Cleveland fan or from the area you may not like him but the whole "bad guy" was a creation by ESPN and the NBA to raise ratings.

Robert Fischer
11-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Maybe I was younger/more naive, but when Jordan was handed his 3-peat(s), there was the sense that he earned it.

Jordan had the whole hero thing going for him, and like watching a young Mike Tyson dispatch over-matched foes, it was fun watching the Bulls title runs.

Lebron finally seemed to figure out how to lead and close last season, and having been taken under Wade's wing for a season or two really improved the mental aspects of Lebron's game. Before that he was immensely talented but had none of the character that Jordan displayed.

So here he is with a juggernaut team that will win a 3-peat. He's the NBA flagship player. Same exact mold that David Stern used with Michael, (and tried with Kobe...).

For whatever reasons I'd like to see a Durant or even a Kobe in the villain role knock King James off the pedestal.

The whole super-team thing appeals to me personally much less than with Jordan.

Maybe James will grow into the role?

Uncle Salty
11-18-2012, 01:14 AM
This is so inaccurate its funny....

Yikes....I was misinformed. Thank you for the corrections. :blush:

I suppose I should make sure I know the story before I make a post...or at least stay away from the internet forums after I've been pulling on the Jamesons haha.

PaceAdvantage
11-18-2012, 05:30 PM
This is so inaccurate its funny.

The Decision was held at a Boys and Girls Club in Greenwich, Conn. ESPN actually approached Lebron James' management and asked if they could do the special to which he replied only for charity. The event raised $6 MILLION for the Boys and Girls Club.

Again he was ASKED by ESPN to do the segment. He made them do it for charity. And then was villified by the evil empire afterwards as being "the bad guy."

I get that if you are a Cleveland fan or from the area you may not like him but the whole "bad guy" was a creation by ESPN and the NBA to raise ratings.Or, maybe it went down (pun intended) the way Charlie Hoard says it did in this little video....

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/721d

:lol:

(WARNING: Adult language in above video)

PaceAdvantage
11-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh, and here's part one of the Rant Writer:

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/3rm3

Again, another language warning...not safe for work or kids...

PaceAdvantage
11-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Come on...nobody got a laugh out of the "origin" of "I'm gonna take my talents to South Beach?" :lol:

Robert Fischer
11-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Come on...nobody got a laugh out of the "origin" of "I'm gonna take my talents to South Beach?" :lol:

i got a kick out of it. I think I got 50% through before I realized it wasn't 100% factual :D

dav4463
11-20-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't think people hate Lebron so much as the idea of a group of players getting together and basically colluding to play together so they could win.

Exactly! That is what is wrong with the NBA.

Stillriledup
06-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Lebron drafted into the NBA 10 years ago today.

menifee
06-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Lebron drafted into the NBA 10 years ago today.

So was Darko over Wade, Bosh, Carmelo Anthony, David West and others. Unreal - the Pistons were a good team - imagine if they had drafted Wade or Anthony - might have had a few more rings.

ronsmac
06-26-2013, 06:46 PM
everyone seems to take this stance if I love MJ and Kobe I have to hate LeBron, where I live and work 90 percent of the people adore MJ even know what the front is a much better all around player at both ends of the floor, in my opinion and I've seen all three LeBron is the best. he is required to do much more than either one, quite frankly the greatest I've ever seen.

Stillriledup
06-26-2013, 07:04 PM
So was Darko over Wade, Bosh, Carmelo Anthony, David West and others. Unreal - the Pistons were a good team - imagine if they had drafted Wade or Anthony - might have had a few more rings.

Yeah, but those guys arent the best who's ever played this game. ;)