PDA

View Full Version : This recent headline pretty much says it all about racing:

takeout
11-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Trainer Burton Sipp records 2,500th career victory

There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that some racing commissions (in this case the one in Pennsylvania that gave him a license after his 12-year “hiatus”) would have paroled Charles Manson. :rolleyes:

And after that, no less than a dozen tracks welcome him back.

It’s become painfully obvious to me that this game doesn’t want to clean itself up. Never did and never will.

Little Watermelon
11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Trainer Burton Sipp records 2,500th career victory

There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that some racing commissions (in this case the one in Pennsylvania that gave him a license after his 12-year “hiatus”) would have paroled Charles Manson. :rolleyes:

And after that, no less than a dozen tracks welcome him back.

It’s become painfully obvious to me that this game doesn’t want to clean itself up. Never did and never will.

Someone should write a book about this guy. What a strange life he has led.

About 5 or 6 years ago he trained at Suffolk for one meet. He had a number of horses who had run in California and were coming off long layoffs. I remember one that had been trained by Canani. I wondered where these horses had been. They were owned by his wife, who, unfortunately, was killed in a house fire. He trained for one year at Suffolk, then was gone.

We were drving back from Keeneland a few years ago and stopped at Thistledown to watch a few races. He was training there at the time. He passed me on the apron; we were wearing the same MassCap hat. I smiled at him; he glared at me.