PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM WITH YAHOO

HUSKER55
11-14-2012, 02:44 PM
NEIGHBOR HAS A PROBLEM getting into his yahoo email account. the messages say his browser is stopping him (IE8) or it says the server is denying access. He tried setting up a new account, which it did, but when he goes back in the new account the same crap starts all over.

any ideas? :confused:

JustRalph
11-14-2012, 04:08 PM
NEIGHBOR HAS A PROBLEM getting into his yahoo email account. the messages say his browser is stopping him (IE8) or it says the server is denying access. He tried setting up a new account, which it did, but when he goes back in the new account the same crap starts all over.

any ideas? :confused:

Install chrome browser. Just google it

Get the hell off Microsoft browsers

Post the exact error message. Not enough info in what you're posting.

Just get chrome

JimG
11-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Install chrome browser. Just google it

Get the hell off Microsoft browsers

Post the exact error message. Not enough info in what you're posting.

Just get chrome

Not to change the thread but I am still using Firefox. Ralph any advantages to using Chrome instead? I trust your opinion on these matters.

Jim

JustRalph
11-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Not to change the thread but I am still using Firefox. Ralph any advantages to using Chrome instead? I trust your opinion on these matters.

Jim

Speed. It's just plain fast. I like the vast library of add ons too. i.e. extensions

Tip: anybody with an IOS device, iPhone, Ipad etc. download the google search app. Use the voice search function. It makes Siri look like crap

It also has some humor built in

" who are you?" It came back with. " searching for ones self can take a lifetime, but a good place to start is classic rock" and presented me with a youtube video of "who are you" by "The who". :lol:

Tom
11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
I used Chrome for a while, and it was fast, but I started having problems with it every time I used it. I would get a message that my BIOS was not compatable, or something like that, even though I have been using to for years.

Not the FF is much better - all of a sudden, can't open PDF file with FF anymore.

IE, can't copy and paste anything.

None of the three is worth squat IMHO.

wilderness
11-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Not the FF is much better - all of a sudden, can't open PDF file with FF anymore.

Tom,
I had a similar problem with one version of FF, even though the additional plug-in was added.
Don't recall the exact details, however believe I had to go into the FF config file and make an adjustment.

HUSKER55
11-15-2012, 11:19 AM
He said he would download chrome. I haven't heard from him so I assume it is ok.

thanks

raybo
11-16-2012, 12:53 PM
I used IE for years, then FF for a few years, now I use Chrome (about 2 years or so?), my Chrome experience beats the other 2 experiences, hands down. No recent experiences with IE or FF, however, they may have improved.