PDA

View Full Version : Lets Discuss Solutions

HUSKER55
11-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Arguing politics, while fun and amusing, is not going to get any change in DC. Someone in DC is not monitoring these programs.

Only a "movement" of some sorts is going to do that. So I got to thinking about fraud in Medicare.

For example, how many Scooters do you see in your neighborhood compared to how many medicare paid for. Remember, the ads say "little or no cost to you".

When you go shopping, how many do you see compared to how many the store has next to the entrance?

How many homes in your neighborhood would accomodate a scooter considering how they were build and the size of the house.

When you go to church, stand around after the sevice and see how many people forget their walkers and canes, scooters and etc. I was shocked as well.

Get your friends to send your reps a letter or an email or both. I don't know what else to do.

sammy the sage
11-14-2012, 12:31 PM
This thread should be re-named:

Let's discuss Scooter's

or

I'm going to whine about Scooter's now!

rastajenk
11-14-2012, 12:48 PM
You lost me at "go to church and stand around." :D

Dave Schwartz
11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
For example, how many Scooters do you see in your neighborhood compared to how many medicare paid for. Remember, the ads say "little or no cost to you".

How would you know?

Robert Fischer
11-14-2012, 12:59 PM
:D I was honestly duped into thinking this was going to be some bi-partisan, brainstorming thread, to talk about solutions.

Quitting the coffee must be clouding my brain. :sleeping:

johnhannibalsmith
11-14-2012, 01:04 PM
I got four of them just so I could host a good poker game.

Actor
11-14-2012, 01:41 PM
My scooter has a 50cc engine and goes 40 mph. It's a Honda. I paid for it, not the government. :)

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/manufacturerlineups/ig/2009-Honda-Lineup/Metropolitan.htm

rastajenk
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Are you a Mod or a Rocker? :p

Tom
11-14-2012, 02:55 PM
andicap had one like this, but his was a LOT bigger! :D

HUSKER55
11-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Seven years ago, Medicare paid a bit more than $100 million for power wheelchairs. Last year, it paid about $1.2 billion.

It does not matter which side of the aisle you are on there is a tremendous amount of wastful spending.

I know of three sitting in the garage.

Of coarse if that amount doesn't mean much then I guess we don't have a problem.

As for my church reference, do you know how many people forget there walkers after church? Last week there were nine. At my church that walk is a good block. Kinda begs the question of just how many of those people really need a walker.

there is a lot of waste and I don't see anybody doing anything about it. If you do then please tell us.

Greyfox
11-14-2012, 03:11 PM
As for my church reference, do you know how many people forget there walkers after church? Last week there were nine. At my church that walk is a good block. Kinda begs the question of just how many of those people really need a walker.

I have never met anyone with a walker that wasn't in need of it. Nine left behind ? Did Jesus cure them?

Tom
11-14-2012, 03:40 PM
I have never met anyone with a walker that wasn't in need of it. Nine left behind ? Did Jesus cure them?

:lol: Maybe it was Ernest!

HUSKER55
11-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Report is highly critical of Medicare for failing to give wheelchairs to people who meet Medicare's own rules. It concludes nine out of 10 people who get wheelchairs aren't qualified to have one.

Health and Human Services: Inspector General's Report (http://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-03-02-00600.pdf)

Greyfox, you didn't think I was going to stick around for that! Do you have any idea of what it would take to end the sermon if the priest believed that.

I just picked on these because I finally decided to verify where I was. :D But after thinking about it I am starting to wonder how bad is the abuse. Obama referred to 6% of the GNP in one of his speaches. That does not sound right or we are one sick group of people.

I really hope all of you age better than me. I wouldn't wish this crap on any other american.

I send letters to senators, state reps and all I get back are "thank you for be a loyal constituent of mine and voting for me on a regular basis". But nothing really happens.

I feel I am send my letters to the wrong person but who do you contact?

Are we really just screwed? What do you think?