PDA

View Full Version : big ben hurt---not so--baby due

judd
11-13-2012, 06:46 PM
inside info-people in pgh say--his wife due any day--wants week off !!!

ldiatone
11-13-2012, 08:17 PM
are you listening to those people down at the Oakmont Tavern again :rolleyes:
or did you stop at Hoffstofs? :eek:

judd
11-14-2012, 05:18 AM
are you listening to those people down at the Oakmont Tavern again :rolleyes:
or did you stop at Hoffstofs? :eek:hoffstofs--bar--bunch of know-it-alls:D

Valuist
11-14-2012, 01:08 PM
inside info-people in pgh say--his wife due any day--wants week off !!!

So he'd leave in the middle of the game....at a time when the Steelers were only tied....QUITE a bit of a stretch.

cj's dad
11-14-2012, 08:35 PM
So he'd leave in the middle of the game....at a time when the Steelers were only tied....QUITE a bit of a stretch.

Fractured rib; out indefinitely. :(

Bettowin
11-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Fractured rib with the possibility of it piercing his aorta if hit just right is what I read. Don't think I would be playing either.

Valuist
11-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Fractured rib with the possibility of it piercing his aorta if hit just right is what I read. Don't think I would be playing either.

Yeah I heard that about the aorta also. Supposedly Danny Amendola had a similar injury back in week 1 or 2; they said he was very close to getting killed. Apparently Roethlisberger was in a similar situation. Never heard of a player injuring their aorta until this season.

cj's dad
11-15-2012, 09:16 PM
As much as Big Ben is a rival, he is also a human being and considering such I FWIW wish him well.

badcompany
11-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Fractured rib; out indefinitely. :(

He did it on purpose. So, he could better relate to his wife's labor pains ;)

ldiatone
11-16-2012, 05:47 PM
As much as Big Ben is a rival, he is also a human being and considering such I FWIW wish him well.
:eek:

ldiatone
11-16-2012, 05:55 PM
He did it on purpose. So, he could better relate to his wife's labor pains ;)
vew judds post :rolleyes:

judd
11-20-2012, 06:46 PM
he be ready in 2 weeks---fast recovery :confused::D:eek:

judd
11-23-2012, 05:22 AM
wife had baby--hes ready to play :D

judd
11-28-2012, 05:12 AM
hes practing this week--ready to play sunday----told ya--faked injury cause bady was due and wife had that week :eek::D:lol::confused:

Valuist
11-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Take Roethlisberger off the Steelers and they are a weak team. The guy may do things in an unorthodox manner, but he's as tough as anyone in the NFL.

PhantomOnTour
11-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Take Roethlisberger off the Steelers and they are a weak team. The guy may do things in an unorthodox manner, but he's as tough as anyone in the NFL.
What a revelation :rolleyes:
How about:
the Pats w no Brady
the Broncs w no Peyton
the Saints w no Brees
the Bears w no Cutler
the Falcons w no Ryan

ya think any of those teams would win? Pittsburgh is a .500 team without Roethlisberger through the years - but when your 2nd string gets hurt and you're down to the THIRD string you really have no shot.

cj's dad
11-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Rumor has it that Ben is being fitted with a rear view mirror so he can see Suggs coming. Glad he's back; no fun beating Leftwich.

PhantomOnTour
11-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Rumor has it that Ben is being fitted with a rear view mirror so he can see Suggs coming. Glad he's back; no fun beating Leftwich.
I think he should sit out vs the Ravens...that is a re-injury waiting to happen.
Concede the division, rest Ben, and play for the wildcard is their best ploy imo.

If he gets nailed (a likely thing vs Baltimore) he could be out for the year

Valuist
11-28-2012, 10:02 AM
What a revelation :rolleyes:
How about:
the Pats w no Brady
the Broncs w no Peyton
the Saints w no Brees
the Bears w no Cutler
the Falcons w no Ryan

ya think any of those teams would win? Pittsburgh is a .500 team without Roethlisberger through the years - but when your 2nd string gets hurt and you're down to the THIRD string you really have no shot.

We saw the Patriots go 11-5 in 2008 without Brady so your statement isn't all correct.

No argument with the others although I believe the Bears could do ok with Campbell. They got rolled by a sharp team in Candlestick and played in bad conditions vs Houston. Those just happen to be two of the best teams in the NFL.

Guess what? The Saints aren't a real good team WITH Brees. At least not this season.

PhantomOnTour
11-28-2012, 10:11 AM
We saw the Patriots go 11-5 in 2008 without Brady so your statement isn't all correct.

No argument with the others although I believe the Bears could do ok with Campbell. They got rolled by a sharp team in Candlestick and played in bad conditions vs Houston. Those just happen to be two of the best teams in the NFL.

Guess what? The Saints aren't a real good team WITH Brees. At least not this season.
Talkin bout right now - not 4yrs ago...how would the Pats do THIS YEAR without Brady?
They...would...lose, just like most teams