PDA

View Full Version : ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE MILLIONAIRE John McAfee wanted for murder

Shelby
11-13-2012, 10:30 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231953/John-McAfee-US-builder-shot-dead-software-tycoon-went-run-poses-Michael-Jordan.html

Local police in the Central American nation say multimillionaire software mogul, John McAfee, is wanted in the murder and is currently on the run from authorities.

Mr Faull, a local builder who also founded a successful restaurant in Florida, was pictured with basketball legends Michael Jordan and Patrick Ewing in one of the photos to emerge since his death on Saturday night.

The head of Belize police force's Gang Suppression Unit Marco Vidal named the 66-year-old McAfee, the founder of the virus protection software company named after him, as the prime suspect today and revealed he was on the run.

-------------------

This is one messed up guy. I can't imagine blowing 100 million dollars (which is what he was one worth).

I've been googling this morning about McAfee. What a train wreck and what a waste of a brilliant mind.

ArlJim78
11-13-2012, 10:52 AM
goto @JoshuaDavisNow and you will see live tweeting of this guy McAfee on the run. he keeps calling this reporter to give him updates and the reporter tweets updates. weird stuff.

his last update "Power was just cut to the house I'm in. I think this is it."

Shelby
11-13-2012, 11:09 AM
goto @JoshuaDavisNow and you will see live tweeting of this guy McAfee on the run. he keeps calling this reporter to give him updates and the reporter tweets updates. weird stuff.

his last update "Power was just cut to the house I'm in. I think this is it."

WOW! Thanks for the tip.

How bizarre that he's calling and giving updates.

ArlJim78
11-13-2012, 02:50 PM
the saga continues through phone calls and tweets.

"McAfee says the police raided the house next door to where he was and he evaded them"

"McAfee just called: He has changed locations. The police have not caught him yet."

"McAfee says he is not armed. If the police shoot him, it's not because he has a weapon"

Steve 'StatMan'
11-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Tough situation, don't know actually know about involvement yet, does not seem good. Can't help thinking that, giving he's in the anti-virus protection industry, that he should have heeded the warnings, and
paid to extend his protection coverage for 1-2 years.

JustRalph
11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I don't see the big deal. This guy has been murdering computers for years

Robert Fischer
11-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Tough situation, don't know actually know about involvement yet, does not seem good. Can't help thinking that, giving he's in the anti-virus protection industry, that he should have heeded the warnings, and
paid to extend his protection coverage for 1-2 years.

boooooo ! :D

first i've heard of this, and have no idea what is going on, doesn't sound good...

Robert Goren
11-14-2012, 07:09 AM
This should be a lesson to all the rich people(or not so rich) who are thinking about leaving the USA.

ArlJim78
11-14-2012, 10:36 AM
more tweets;

"McAfee says police have detained 6 of his friends or associates in attempt to pressure him to turn himself in."

"McAfee says he's dyed his eyebrows and hair jet black."

"McAfee on phone just now: I have radically altered my appearance. "

"Either way, McAfee says he has no intention of turning himself in for questioning as he believes he will not survive police custody. "

"McAfee called: Says police spokesperson did not say he is a suspect. The spokesperson has only said that he is wanted for questioning."

johnhannibalsmith
11-14-2012, 10:42 AM
I think I read somewhere that this guy is considered a "prophet of bath salts".

I'm not all that knowledgable about that drug, but from what I've seen and if the characterization is accurate... I guess the insane nature of this episode isn't all that surprising.