PDA

View Full Version : Horrible NFL ruling. MNF game

Zippy Chippy
11-12-2012, 11:24 PM
I've been flipping but pretty sure I got the idea of what happened.

Pitt had 3rd down. Big Ben fumbles and KC runs it in for a TD and gets excessive celebration penalty. Play is challenged and ruled Bens arm was going forward so its an incomplete pass. think the penalty should be erased. Seems weird. They are paying for the refs blowing the original call

iwearpurple
11-13-2012, 12:02 AM
I am assuming that the ruling is correct.

But in reality, had the correct call been made, the touchdown would never have happened, therefore the penalty would never have happened, so I agree with you.

I thought when watching it in real time that it was an incomplete pass. It then would have been 4th down, rather than 1st down because of the penalty, and who knows how the game would have ended.

Bottom line - Bad call by the officials.

Stillriledup
11-13-2012, 07:15 AM
...lets say an NBA player shoots a 3 pt shot and the ref calls it a 2 pt shot and the player who made the shot F bombs the ref and gets chest to chest with the ref and bumps him and gets tossed out of the game. Then, they review the play at the monitor and see that the player was originally correct and it WAS a 3 pt play and they change the ruling and credit the guy with 3 points. Should the player's 'outburst' be forgiven because the play was 'changed' or should he still be punished for being unsportsmanlike and bumping the ref and getting in his face?

Valuist
11-13-2012, 09:35 AM

Pitt had 3rd down. Big Ben fumbles and KC runs it in for a TD and gets excessive celebration penalty. Play is challenged and ruled Bens arm was going forward so its an incomplete pass. think the penalty should be erased. Seems weird. They are paying for the refs blowing the original call

I disagree. It still happened. And it just goes to show KC is probably the dumbest group of players in the NFL (even worse than the Raiders) and they are a poorly coached team.

rastajenk
11-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Seems like the regular refs had a rough weekend all around. Sure glad those replacements got replaced. :eek:

Zippy Chippy
11-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Funny. They just had this question on sportsnation. 63% of voters say its an unfair ruling

Zydeco
11-13-2012, 05:49 PM
I wonder what the ruling would have been if there had been a block in the back or clipping on the return instead of excessive celebration? Would that have been enforced also?

ldiatone
11-13-2012, 08:25 PM

B leftwich was qb at the time