PDA

View Full Version : Hate bad clock management, Jeff Fisher

Zippy Chippy
11-11-2012, 07:27 PM
1:15 left get a completion to 2 yard line first and goal. Down 4 pts. Jeff Fisher runs in the field to call a timeout. Why would you ever stop the clock there (have all 3 timeouts)? They could have run it down to 45 seconds, still more than enough time to get 4 plays off. They score next play and kickoff with 1:09 left and it coulda been about 35 secs. The announcers would never point this out either. Maybe I'm the only one that notices.

Zippy Chippy
11-11-2012, 07:32 PM
And SF ties it up

Dave Schwartz
11-11-2012, 08:17 PM
And then in OT, they run out of clock on a game-winning FG, get moved back 5 yards and miss.

Stillriledup
11-12-2012, 02:36 AM
1:15 left get a completion to 2 yard line first and goal. Down 4 pts. Jeff Fisher runs in the field to call a timeout. Why would you ever stop the clock there (have all 3 timeouts)? They could have run it down to 45 seconds, still more than enough time to get 4 plays off. They score next play and kickoff with 1:09 left and it coulda been about 35 secs. The announcers would never point this out either. Maybe I'm the only one that notices.

The thing that coaches should always be concious of when they are on the good side of the 50 is this. Is it possible to not score because i ran out of time. Lots of times, clock management beats teams. Quite often i find myself rooting for the team that i want to win to NOT score too soon. SO many teams lose (or dont win) by scoring too soon.