PDA

View Full Version : Petraeus resigns post as CIA chief.

mostpost
11-09-2012, 02:55 PM
General David Petraeus has resigned as the head of the CIA.
In his letter of resignation he cites an extra-marital affair that he was engaged in. No further details at this time.

Tom
11-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Wouldn't you think the head of the CIA could keep a secret? :eek:

johnhannibalsmith
11-09-2012, 03:14 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/cia-chief-petraeus-resigns-reportedly-over-affair-201305343--politics.html

Steve R
11-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Why does anyone outside his family care if he had an extra-marital affair? And how in the world does it affect his ability to direct the CIA...unless maybe the affair was with Ahmadinejad's wife? There has to be a lot more to this story.

johnhannibalsmith
11-09-2012, 03:53 PM
You pretty much have to assume that the affair was being used as leverage against him in some way and this was done to minimize that leverage.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Overlay
11-09-2012, 03:54 PM
At least he showed a greater sense of honor and professionalism than Clinton did.

lsbets
11-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Why does anyone outside his family care if he had an extra-marital affair? And how in the world does it affect his ability to direct the CIA...unless maybe the affair was with Ahmadinejad's wife? There has to be a lot more to this story.

He held one of the most sensitive positions in government, with unlimited access to our nations secrets. It's fair to assume that his wife did not know of the affair, and that he did not want her to know. That leaves him vulnerable to blackmail, and his only choice is to resign. Evidence of an affair can cost people much lower on the totem pole their security clearances.

One has to wonder who the affair was with and if he was targeted.

Robert Goren
11-09-2012, 04:24 PM
At least he showed a greater sense of honor and professionalism than Clinton did. Or Ike or JFK or FDR. I remember reading that George Washington had several affairs. And much ado has been made a few years ago about Thomas Jefferson's affair with one of his slaves. I am sure that with a little research I could find a few more presidents that had affairs. The house republicans made big deal over Clinton's even though their leader was having one at the same time. Affairs by politicians are no big deal to me unless they are being done by one of Holy-Than-Thou family values politicians that condemn everybody else. Even then, it is still a pretty small thing in the overall picture

Greyfox
11-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Or Ike or JFK or FDR. I remember reading that George Washington had several affairs. And much ado has been made a few years ago about Thomas Jefferson's affair with one of his slaves. I am sure that with a little research I could find a few more presidents that had affairs.

Rumor has it Putin dips his oar in other pools and has no problem getting away with it. Anna Chapman, a spy, being the latest poke.
"Her intelligence career came to an abrupt end when, along with her nine colleagues, she was arrested in New York City an FBI counter-intelligence swoop.

But, the daughter of a senior KGB agent, has become a celebrity in Russia since her dramatic Cold War-style prisoner swap deportation back to her home country in July 2010.

It culminated when last month she appeared on the catwalk at Russian Fashion Week in Moscow clothed in a skin-tight leather ensemble.

Putin has also been linked to Olympic gymnast Alina Kabayeva, who appeared on Russian Vogue's cover in January 2011.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2133820/Lyudmila-Putina-Is-Vladimir-Putins-affair-spy-Anna-Chapman-reason-wife-seen.html#ixzz2BlPFZSXv

ArlJim78
11-09-2012, 04:40 PM
they must have found out that Patraeus wasn't going to lie to the committee regarding Benghazi. now he's not available to testify - how convenient.

redshift1
11-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Roya Hammad is behind this.

Overlay
11-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Or Ike or JFK or FDR. I remember reading that George Washington had several affairs. And much ado has been made a few years ago about Thomas Jefferson's affair with one of his slaves. I am sure that with a little research I could find a few more presidents that had affairs. The house republicans made big deal over Clinton's even though their leader was having one at the same time. Affairs by politicians are no big deal to me unless they are being done by one of Holy-Than-Thou family values politicians that condemn everybody else. Even then, it is still a pretty small thing in the overall picture
I'm not concerned with the historical/political/moral aspects of the situation. As a government employee with a security clearance, I could be fired (technically, have my clearance revoked, which would have the same effect, since I would no longer have access to the full spectrum of information needed to carry out my job) for a similar action. The president has access to all the sensitive information that the CIA has, and then some.

Greyfox
11-09-2012, 05:41 PM
they must have found out that Patraeus wasn't going to lie to the committee regarding Benghazi. now he's not available to testify - how convenient.

Quite a coincidence isn't it.

1. Timing - after the election

2. Timing - before testifying on Benghazi

This General has so much prestige though it is hard to imagine him falling on his sword to protect the White House Administration.

So I believe his letter.

Unfortunately, this means we will never know the full truth about Benghazi.

OntheRail
11-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Maybe he realized by testifying that would lead to Obama's Impeachment and that would leave Biden as Commander and Chief.... :eek:

ArlJim78
11-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Quite a coincidence isn't it.

1. Timing - after the election

2. Timing - before testifying on Benghazi

This General has so much prestige though it is hard to imagine him falling on his sword to protect the White House Administration.

So I believe his letter.

the timing was not coincidental and it stinks to high heaven.

JustRalph
11-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Rumors his email was compromised

It's possible it was all about to be released.

He resigns he takes the sting out of it

lsbets
11-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Rumors his email was compromised

It's possible it was all about to be released.

He resigns he takes the sting out of it

There's lots of rumors out there. It seems his email was compromised, and that was discovered by the FBI as part of another investigation. I've seen a ton of speculation regarding the FBI investigation and the timing of the resignation. Something tells me that even if there is nothing to the speculation, Issa will make sure we keep hearing about it for a long time.

Tom
11-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Or Ike or JFK or FDR. I remember reading that George Washington had several affairs. And much ado has been made a few years ago about Thomas Jefferson's affair with one of his slaves. I am sure that with a little research I could find a few more presidents that had affairs. The house republicans made big deal over Clinton's even though their leader was having one at the same time. Affairs by politicians are no big deal to me unless they are being done by one of Holy-Than-Thou family values politicians that condemn everybody else. Even then, it is still a pretty small thing in the overall picture

As far as ELECTED official go, if their vows to their wives/husbands mean nothing to them, why would we assume their promises to US mean anything? Character matters. As a General or a Spy Director, no problem.
As a president, it is a deal breaker. Maybe Jackie had Jack taken, seeing how he had so little respect for her. HE was many things, scumbag among them.

As Far as the General goes, can you spell "fall guy?"
Hillary has her fingerprint all over this. He is lucky he wasn't Fostered.

Tom
11-09-2012, 11:17 PM

We know enough.
Obama and Hillary let him die.
They killed him.

delayjf
11-09-2012, 11:55 PM

Could he not still be subpoenaed?

Greyfox
11-10-2012, 12:01 AM

Good question. :ThmbUp:

I'd like to read the answer to that.

JustRalph
11-10-2012, 01:20 AM

He could. But he now has an excellent excuse to invoke the 5th amendment

Tom
11-10-2012, 10:30 AM
JMHO, if he is a man of integrity, as I fully believe, he not take it and tell the truth. We shall see......

Valuist
11-10-2012, 10:45 AM

Yes he could. I saw a state representative interviewed last night and they said they hoped he'd testify on his own, but if they had to subpoena him, they would.

delayjf
11-10-2012, 11:16 AM
He could. But he now has an excellent excuse to invoke the 5th amendment

And that would speak volumes. Congress could also offer blanket immunity for is testimony

Striker
11-10-2012, 02:23 PM
One has to wonder who the affair was with and if he was targeted.
His biographer and reserve Army officer Paula Broadwell is apparently the woman behind the curtain.

Tom
11-10-2012, 03:31 PM
And that would speak volumes. Congress could also offer blanket immunity for is testimony

What an intriquing idea.......
I smell blood in the water. :p

woodtoo
11-10-2012, 03:55 PM
How many Generals or top ranking officials have been fired or reassigned over
Benghazi ? 4,5,6?

SURE, the buck stops at the WH:lol::lol::lol: the purge is on.

Mike at A+
11-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Could we be hearing the "I" word soon?

JustRalph
11-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Could we be hearing the "I" word soon?

nope........... Notice Hillary is off the list of people who will testify

Overlay
11-11-2012, 06:26 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/lovers-jealous-e-mails-led-to-cia-chief-petraeuss-downfall/article5182509/

The above link indicates that Petraeus was not the original target of the investigation, but became collateral damage when the FBI was called in after Ms. Broadwell sent threatening e-mails to a woman at the State Department who had worked closely with Petraeus, and of whom Ms. Broadwell was jealous.

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I bet if bigmack were still posting here, he'd have some choice words for Gen. P. :lol:

Overlay
11-11-2012, 11:48 PM
When I mentioned Ms. Broadwell's actions to my wife, she commented that that's why a woman will never become president -- because of not being able to pass the "Corleone test" (maintaining a separation between "business" and "personal").:D

JustRalph
11-12-2012, 04:45 AM
It's a short one. Just a couple of sentences. If this is true, this thing could turn into one hell of a story

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/11/new-details-in-petraeus-scandal-fbi-whistleblower-talked-first-to-house/

"Kelley alerted the FBI about the emails that appeared to be an attempt to blackmail Petraeus, which started the investigation, said the sources."

Mods; Could we change the generic title of this thread so it refers to the actual subject?

Lefty
11-12-2012, 01:18 PM
There's something wrong here. When Clinton had an affair it was no big deal.
Now it is? I smell fish.

Tom
11-12-2012, 01:52 PM
I guess if David had done in the Oval, all would be forgiven. :rolleyes:

Greyfox
11-12-2012, 11:39 PM
I smell fish.

Something is not adding up.

1. Holder knew in September , but the President was blindsided about it after the election?

2. Broadwell gave a speech last week wherein she said that the CIA in Benghazi had prisoners and the outburst in Benghazi was related to those hostages?

3. The FBI normally doesn't check reports of harrassment by e mail unless some threat level was present.

4. Paula Broadwell's father has said more is coming :

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ap-source-target-emails-petraeus-paramour-state-department-military-liaison-article-1.1200299#ixzz2BzTkJJUE
"But Broadwell’s father said Sunday his daughter is the victim of character assassination and implied the bombshell story is just a smoke screen for something bigger.

“This is about something else entirely, and the truth will come out,” Broadwell’s dad, Paul Krantz, told the Daily News outside his home in Bismarck, N.D.

“There is a lot more that is going to come out,” said Krantz, claiming he was not allowed to elaborate. “You wait and see. There’s a lot more here than meets the eye.”

He said he supports his daughter “100%.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ap-source-target-emails-petraeus-paramour-state-department-military-liaison-article-1.1200299#ixzz2C4fIZfno

PaceAdvantage
11-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Uh oh...Paula better read up on Vince Foster and watch her back...after all, ol' Hillary IS involved in this one too...

ElKabong
11-13-2012, 12:12 AM
not sure if PA was kidding, but when I read some of this stuff the 1rst thing that came to mind was 'you don't come out and talk openly about this and not expect some sort of intimidation, or much worse'

This does have the potential to be (another) nightmare for the admin.

JustRalph
11-13-2012, 12:28 AM
http://on.wsj.com/SR4SSJ

This thing is getting stranger all the time

Check out the FBI guy playing Weiner

JustRalph
11-13-2012, 12:35 AM
It's begun...... :lol:

Reports on twitter that FBI has her house in NC surrounded working search warrant

Greyfox
11-13-2012, 12:49 AM

Reports on twitter that FBI has her house in NC surrounded working search warrant

Yup.
It's being reported at:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/fbi-agents-reportedly-raid-the-home-of-petraeus-alleged-mistress-paula-broadwell/

JustRalph
11-13-2012, 12:59 AM
General falls for the classic honeypot?

This gets more weird all the time. First they say no charges. Now?

If they are raiding her home, somebody has decided to ruin her life.

End of story

Greyfox
11-13-2012, 01:03 AM
General falls for the classic honeypot?

This gets more weird all the time. First they say no charges. Now?

If they are raiding her home, somebody has decided to ruin her life.

End of story

Or they are looking for proof that she might have hidden somewhere that there was a cover up on Benghazi??

JustRalph
11-13-2012, 06:54 AM
There were clues about General P. We should have all seen this coming

Tom
11-13-2012, 07:42 AM

Some local pranksters ordered pizzas delivered to that address while the FBI was there. They did not answer the doorbell. :lol:

Tom
11-13-2012, 07:43 AM
There were clues about General P. We should have all seen this coming

Jay Leno said the affair started when she was embedded in his unit. :eek:

Teach
11-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Several years ago, a friend of mine applied for and was accepted for service in the CIA. He was stationed out of Warrenton, VA.

Well, on one weekend, he flew up here to the Boston area. We hooked up at an Italian restaurant. As we're munching on our veal parm and cacciatore, he's telling me what little he can about his training.

First, he says, in my presence, "Don't mention the name Central Intelligence Agency or the initials: C.I.A. If you're going to say anything," he continued, "say the word 'agency'". I remember looking at him quizzically.

Well, my friend (I'll call him "Z") went on to say, "We've been taught that you never know when a terrorist agent or subversive is tailing you. I know," he continued, "that this sounds like paranoia, but we're 'playing' a high-stakes international game. Many people's lives are on the line."

During the course of our conversation, he shared bits and pieces about his training. He said that agents are taught that "the other side" (as he called them) will stop at nothing to compromise you. He then ticked off a series of potential human weakness that included, womanizing, drugs and alcohol, gambling, and an insatiable desire to live the high-life.

I recall that "Z" particularly focused on a man's weakness for lovely women. He called it: "The Honey-trap." In the "honey-trap," our enemies learn all they can about you. They have your picture. They even may know stuff about you that your own wife doesn't. Well, if you have a weakness for beautiful, sexy, flirtatious woman, they'll do everything they can to "trap" you, to compromise you.

My friend told me how one CIA agent (he was alone, stationed in a foreign country) went innocently enough to the American ambassador's birthday dinner. Well, before the festivities got started, he was sitting at the bar having a cocktail when this alluring foreign temptress sidled up to him. You get the picture. "Do you mind if I join you?" Well, one thing led to another and before long he was "bedding" her. But, the cruel joke was on him. She turned out to be an agent for a foreign terrorist organization who was feeding her group all the information she could coax out of him.

In conclusion, this is what I don't get about General Petraeus. If anybody should know about these games, he would be one of the most well versed on its dangers. I'm not saying this biographer is a spy, but do we know that for certain. She's so driven by upwardly mobile schemes that it would appear that she would stop at nothing for self-absorbed attention.

And what about recent revelations about General Allen in Afghanistan with this Tampa woman (I think her married name is Kelley). What caught my attention is that the woman's brother was interviewed. He appeared to have an Arab surname (I'm not inferring he or she has ties to terrorist, anti-American organizations; however, I don't know the opposite, either).

Finally, the whole thing is a terrible mess. The good thing is that it may well call attention to our failures in preserving and protecting our national security.

cj's dad
11-13-2012, 09:02 AM
And what about recent revelations about General Allen in Afghanistan with this Tampa woman (I think her married name is Kelley).

Lebanese

Ocala Mike
11-13-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't watch the series "Homeland" on tv because I think the plots are far-fetched and contrived. This Petraeus thing tells me I need to rethink this position.

PaceAdvantage
11-13-2012, 10:01 AM
There were clues about General P. We should have all seen this comingI don't even have to ask, but I will for those who might actually think that pic is genuine...it's not...right? lmao

Greyfox
11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
And yet James Bond bedded women frequently as his duty for Her Majesty's Service.

(P.S. That looks like a genuine photo of Petraeus. He wore a mountain of medals at Congressional hearings, ooops....Playboy bunnies....seem to be added..)

mostpost
11-13-2012, 11:11 AM
And yet James Bond bedded women frequently as his duty for Her Majesty's Service.

(P.S. That looks like a genuine photo of Petraeus. He wore a mountain of medals at Congressional hearings, ooops....Playboy bunnies....seem to be added..)
Thanks. I was trying to figure what the big deal was with the picture. I did not notice the bunnies on the beret, nor the silhouette on the pocket.

Tom
11-13-2012, 11:25 AM
He's also at attention! :eek:

Greyfox
11-13-2012, 11:32 AM
No pun intended, but how deep will this probe go?

PERTH, Australia — The FBI probe (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/petraeus-told-biographer-to-stop-harassing-family-friend-officials-say/2012/11/12/6ccb325c-2d00-11e2-a99d-5c4203af7b7a_story.html) into the sex scandal that prompted CIA Director David Petraeus to resign has expanded to ensnare Gen. John R. Allen, the commander of U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan, the Pentagon announced early Tuesday. (http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=15673)
According to a senior U.S. defense official, the FBI has uncovered between 20,000 and 30,000 pages of documents — most of them e-mails — that contain “potentially inappropriate” communication between Allen and Jill Kelley, the 37-year-old Tampa woman whose report of harassment by a person who turned out to be Petraeus’s mistress ultimately led to Petraeus’s downfall (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-probe-of-petraeus-triggered-by-e-mail-threats-from-biographer-officials-say/2012/11/10/d2fc52de-2b68-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html).

More at link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/scandal-probe-ensnares-commander-of-us-nato-troops-in-afghanistan/2012/11/13/a2a27232-2d7d-11e2-a99d-5c4203af7b7a_story.html

Greyfox
11-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Paula Broadwell, speaking at the University of Denver in October said:

"Now, I don’t know if a lot of you have heard this but the CIA annex had actually taken a couple of Libyan militia members prisoner, and they think that the attack on the consulate was an attempt to get these prisoners back. That's still being vetted."

The CIA has denied that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/12/paula-broadwell-benghazi-cia-petraeus

_PgsLSsSKMI

thaskalos
11-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Paula Broadwell, speaking at the University of Denver in October said:

"Now, I don’t know if a lot of you have heard this but the CIA annex had actually taken a couple of Libyan militia members prisoner, and they think that the attack on the consulate was an attempt to get these prisoners back. That's still being vetted."

The CIA has denied that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/12/paula-broadwell-benghazi-cia-petraeus

_PgsLSsSKMI

The CIA must be slipping...

I would have suspected that something was going on the minute she was introduced as Petraeus's biographer.

Tom
11-13-2012, 12:55 PM
I believe Broadwell.
Obama runs a very loose national security operation.

Do you suppose Al Qeda has taken notice?

bks
11-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Teach wrote:

I recall that "Z" particularly focused on a man's weakness for lovely women. He called it: "The Honey-trap." In the "honey-trap," our enemies learn all they can about you. They have your picture. They even may know stuff about you that your own wife doesn't. Well, if you have a weakness for beautiful, sexy, flirtatious woman, they'll do everything they can to "trap" you, to compromise you.

Remember that everything you friend told you that "the enemy" does, the CIA seeks to do better. Everything.

What do you think happens, for instance, when a high-value foreign target expresses a desire for sadistic pedophilia to an agent trying to "compromise" him?

This is the kind of "game" your friend is involved in, whether or not he is ever called on to comply with such requests.

Tom
11-13-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't think Broadwell was interested in his national security secrets, she was only interested in his privates.

Greyfox
11-13-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't think Broadwell was interested in his national security secrets, she was only interested in his privates.

Exactly, and with a man of his credentials she would have faced a stiff challenge.:rolleyes:

thaskalos
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Exactly, and with a man of his credentials she would have faced a stiff challenge.:rolleyes:
Come on, he is 60 years old.

How stiff of a challenge could it have been?

Greyfox
11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Come on, he is 60 years old.

How stiff of a challenge could it have been?

The flag wouldn't have been at half mast.

JustRalph
11-13-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't even have to ask, but I will for those who might actually think that pic is genuine...it's not...right? lmao

Two minutes in paint shop pro on my desktop....... :lol:

JustRalph
11-13-2012, 09:06 PM
The Wacky world of the CIA continues

Add a crazy twin sister to the mess. The gal in Tampa has a twin with serious problems. She's linked to both Generals

Commenters on the Charlotte Observer site say the gal in Tampa is actually Iraqi and not Lebonese

Stay tuned.....newspapers are asking for copies of court records for divorce cases and two bankruptcies.........this could be fun......

thaskalos
11-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Only Maury Povich and his polygraph machine can get to the bottom of this case.

Greyfox
11-13-2012, 09:41 PM
The Wacky world of the CIA continues

Add a crazy twin sister to the mess. The gal in Tampa has a twin with serious problems. She's linked to both Generals

Commenters on the Charlotte Observer site say the gal in Tampa is actually Iraqi and not Lebonese

Stay tuned.....newspapers are asking for copies of court records for divorce cases and two bankruptcies.........this could be fun......

Yowsa.

I'll have to tape Saturday Night Live.

I've always wondered how much fun twins (identical) could have as I went through life.

This beats any soap opera and "reality taped stuff."

As JustRalph says...Stay tuned.

Also, with all of this going on....my heart truly goes out to bigmack.

Ocala Mike
11-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Maybe his "old soldier" never died (apologies to Douglas McArthur).

Greyfox
11-13-2012, 10:51 PM

I'll add to that:
A man has two heads...one with a conscience....one without. Therein lies the "essence of Man."

Greyfox 2012

(Downward interpretation : "A prick has no conscience.")

( General Petraeus knew the Military Advice - "If something feels good, don't do it.")

Tom
11-13-2012, 11:25 PM

I bet some people wish this one would fade away already!

Lefty
11-14-2012, 12:26 AM
The problem is: this is obfuscating the Ben Ghazi terror attack. We have 4 dead
Americans and we need to know why.

JustRalph
11-14-2012, 12:49 AM
I bet some people wish this one would fade away already!

It's been at least 3 hours since I have heard any salacious news about any 4 Star Generals. I am jonesing for some new details.

At this point I would settle for some news about Corporal Agarn and Wrangler Jane

JustRalph
11-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Reports she had classified docs in her home

She admits taking them according to some reports

She's toast.

Monkey wrench=She has top secret clearance

highnote
11-14-2012, 10:46 PM

My friend told me how one CIA agent (he was alone, stationed in a foreign country) went innocently enough to the American ambassador's birthday dinner. Well, before the festivities got started, he was sitting at the bar having a cocktail when this alluring foreign temptress sidled up to him. You get the picture. "Do you mind if I join you?" Well, one thing led to another and before long he was "bedding" her. But, the cruel joke was on him. She turned out to be an agent for a foreign terrorist organization who was feeding her group all the information she could coax out of him.

Here's the thing, though... if you're a spy in a foreign country and a beautiful woman flirts with you then wouldn't the prudent thing to do be to get her in the sack as often as possible and fill her with misinformation?

Tom
11-14-2012, 11:00 PM
How is it that the CNC never has any knowledge of ANYTHING that goes on in his administration?

Liar or moron?

PaceAdvantage
11-15-2012, 02:06 AM
Here's the thing, though... if you're a spy in a foreign country and a beautiful woman flirts with you then wouldn't the prudent thing to do be to get her in the sack as often as possible and fill her with misinformation?I've heard stories about guys that give wacky names to their penises, but "misinformation" is a new one on me...

bcYppAs6ZdI

highnote
11-15-2012, 03:59 AM
:D

I've heard stories about guys that give wacky names to their penises, but "misinformation" is a new one on me...

bcYppAs6ZdI

Tom
11-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Davie boy will testify in front of Congress, behind closed doors.
The big question I have is......will he bring a date or pick something up there?

If his testimony carries over a few days, will he stay in a hotel, or just pitch a tent somewhere?

Tom
11-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Reports she had classified docs in her home

She admits taking them according to some reports

She's toast.

Monkey wrench=She has top secret clearance

The search of her home revealed that she did, indeed, have classified material.

She had the launch code for his missile! :eek:

Greyfox
11-16-2012, 09:43 AM
The search of her home revealed that she did, indeed, have classified material.

She had the launch code for his missile! :eek:

:lol: :lol: My coffee is now on my lap. :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
11-16-2012, 10:53 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) — Ex-CIA Director David Petraeus told lawmakers during private hearings Friday that he believed all along that the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya was a terrorist strike, even though that wasn't how the Obama administration initially described it publicly.

The retired general addressed the House Intelligence Committee in his first Capitol Hill testimony since resigning last week over an extramarital affair with his biographer Paula Broadwell, but he did not discuss that scandal except to express regret about the circumstances of his departure.

Lawmakers said Petraeus testified that the CIA's talking points written in response to the assault on the diplomat post in Benghazi that killed four Americans referred to it as a terrorist attack. But Petraeus told the lawmakers it was removed by other federal agencies who made changes to the CIA's draft.

But even the attention whore Peter King doesn't remember Petraeus being so utterly certain when the committee was briefed. And the General goes on to dispel any political motivation for the narrative that replaced his alleged assessment. What the **** is anybody talking about here? Are you allowed two lies for every truth, four truths for every three lies... what is the exchange rate on accurate information from these people?

http://news.yahoo.com/petraeus-believed-terrorists-behind-libya-attack-145946656--politics.html

Greyfox
11-16-2012, 02:38 PM
The events surrounding all of this really are weird.

Now it turns out that Jill Kelley visited the White House 3 times this year with her sister and dined there.

How many of the visitors to this site have ever eaten at the White House?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/16/woman-in-petraeus-scandal-visited-white-house/

JustRalph
11-16-2012, 03:20 PM
I drove by last year and threw a Half eaten sandwich out the window onto the lawn..........does that count?

The events surrounding all of this really are weird.

Now it turns out that Jill Kelley visited the White House 3 times this year with her sister and dined there.

How many of the visitors to this site have ever eaten at the White House?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/16/woman-in-petraeus-scandal-visited-white-house/