PDA

View Full Version : ANER - PA 'Player of the Year'

Ted Craven
11-08-2012, 08:07 PM
http://paceandcap.com/images/pnc_hdr_right.png (http://www.sartinmethodology.com)
http://paceandcap.com/images/PACS_2012_MD.png (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

** ANER **

The Series of 8 Contests has now concluded and the winner of the first annual PaceAdvantage.com Player of the Year is --> Aner!

As overall Series sponsor, and on behalf of RDSS and the Sartin Methodology, I wish to congratulate Aner on a terrific - and prolific - series of contest performances this year. He won the winter Gapfire contest outright and always seemed to be either among the top finishers or in the top half in all the other events. A fierce and tenacious, yet always sportsmanlike, opponent - as the rest of us found out over the course of the whole year's events.

For his first place finish, Aner has won $350 cash from RDSS and BRIS, a set of Overlay Publications handicapping materials, $100 Twinspires credit, a natty trophy from Assiniboia Downs - and a year's RDSS software Subscription and free unlimited data.

Congratulations Aner on winning our inaugural event!

First runner up this year is Red Knave who wins $225 cash from RDSS and BRIS, the Overlay Publications materials and a $75 Brisnet credit.

Second runner up is ndsc32, winning $175 cash from RDSS and BRIS, the Overlay Publication materials and a $75 Twinspires credit.

Please join me in extending our collective congratulations to these fine handicappers - well done gentlemen! And a round of applause to all the others who came so close or who participated regularly or periodically and made the 8 Contests the exciting, and possibly even educational, events they were.

Here is the final list of Player of the Year points by all this year's contest Players: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1359719&postcount=33

Plans are underway as we speak to begin the 2013 edition of the PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, beginning with the annual Riders Up Memorial Aqueduct Inner Track Challenge in December. Stay tuned!

A big thanks to Jay Trotter for his tireless promotion and organization of these events, to Track Collector for ongoing Contest Management, to PaceAdvantage for providing a home for all this to happen, and to the collection of Sponsors (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1190983&postcount=6) who have generously contributed cash and other prizes throughout the year. And most of all - to the Players! You made it all happen.

Ted

Beachbabe
11-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Big congrats to Aner and kudos to Red Knave & ndsc32

:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Congrats to Aner! Something else I can slap on the front page!! :lol:

:ThmbUp:

Aner
11-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Winning the first PA player of the year is the pinnacle of my handicapping life. I feel a bit like I think George Washington or Bart Starr felt to be first - proud and humble at the same time. I'd like to say I enjoyed all the contests equally, but the truth is I enjoyed those where I did well the most.

What a wonderful concept. A series of various handicapping challenges, so diverse that no one could be comfortable in all of them. If I were to start a company, I would want to have Jay Trotter as top salesman and head of publicity. Then I'd hire Track Collector to be head accountant. Bet I'd be a millionaire in 5 years.

There would be no contests were it not for our generous sponsors. Hats off to RDSS, ASD, Gapfire, Brisnet, Overlay, Idabet, and Premier Turf Club. And without Pace Advantage nothing would happen. Thank you all so much.

Right from the get-go I was obsessed with the tournament. I strategized what type of attack I should use for each game, which are different enough to require different approaches. Of course, luck is a strong component
all the time. It was not smooth going. In two of the games I failed to even muster up the courtesy 200 points. When I decided to stop submitting picks in the Gapfire contest after getting a nice ROI lead after the minimum number the races had been bet, there was criticism. And I understand that. If I were not in the lead, I would have led the cry of sandbagging.

Winning this honor is a release of years of struggle, of persistence against long odds, of untold moments of near surrender to a game that so often is brutal in its dispensation of frustration and defeat. To be named handicapper of the year is relief beyond belief.

LottaKash
11-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Winning this honor is a release of years of struggle, of persistence against long odds, of untold moments of near surrender to a game that so often is brutal in its dispensation of frustration and defeat. To be named handicapper of the year is relief beyond belief.

Good for you Aner....Quite a feat, considering the competition, I'd say...:jump:

JustRalph
11-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Congrats!!

Nice job Knave.......

thaskalos
11-09-2012, 03:27 AM
Winning the first PA player of the year is the pinnacle of my handicapping life. I feel a bit like I think George Washington or Bart Starr felt to be first - proud and humble at the same time. I'd like to say I enjoyed all the contests equally, but the truth is I enjoyed those where I did well the most.

What a wonderful concept. A series of various handicapping challenges, so diverse that no one could be comfortable in all of them. If I were to start a company, I would want to have Jay Trotter as top salesman and head of publicity. Then I'd hire Track Collector to be head accountant. Bet I'd be a millionaire in 5 years.

There would be no contests were it not for our generous sponsors. Hats off to RDSS, ASD, Gapfire, Brisnet, Overlay, Idabet, and Premier Turf Club. And without Pace Advantage nothing would happen. Thank you all so much.

Right from the get-go I was obsessed with the tournament. I strategized what type of attack I should use for each game, which are different enough to require different approaches. Of course, luck is a strong component
all the time. It was not smooth going. In two of the games I failed to even muster up the courtesy 200 points. When I decided to stop submitting picks in the Gapfire contest after getting a nice ROI lead after the minimum number the races had been bet, there was criticism. And I understand that. If I were not in the lead, I would have led the cry of sandbagging.

Congratulations, Aner...on a fantastic display of handicapping prowess.

This site could not possibly have found a more worthy handicapper -- and a nicer guy -- to represent us. :ThmbUp:

DeltaLover
11-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Congrats..

You deserve it 100%

Keep on the great job

Jay Trotter
11-09-2012, 05:37 AM
I could not think of a more deserving "Champion" and especially our very first "Player of the Year". Talented and humble all in one package.

Well done Aner! Enjoy your year as the Champ. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Cudos as well to Red Knave and ndsc32 -- job well done as well. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

maddog42
11-09-2012, 08:26 AM
When I decided to stop submitting picks in the Gapfire contest after getting a nice ROI lead after the minimum number the races had been bet, there was criticism. And I understand that. If I were not in the lead, I would have led the cry of sandbagging.

You played within the rules. You did nothing wrong. Winners often take a lot of heat.
I am incredibly jealous. I have constructed a Voodoo doll in your likeness and you are likely to feel sharp pains coming any minute now. I will also burn
an effigy of you. Psychics will bombard you with hateful feelings and you will suffer constant heartburn and bouts of flatulence..... Oh to hell with all that.
Congratulations, you worked hard and deserved to win. I am a sore loser.
If I were you I would be strutting up and down the Cyber-PA sidewalk like a banty rooster, proclaiming my superior handicapping skills to any who would listen.

Red Knave
11-09-2012, 08:56 AM
... and you are likely to feel sharp pains coming any minute now ... and you will suffer constant heartburn and bouts of flatulence....That was you? My doctor said it was just the "ageing process". (And if one more medical type says that to me I'll show him a process ... :mad: ) ;)

Aner, I thought I was the only one obsessed with these contests. I guess that's what you have to do to finish well. You outplayed everyone and deserve the win. Congratulations.

And special thanks to the sponsors, organizers and all the other participants. On a personal note, shout outs as well to Jay Trotter, Ted Craven and new friend Track Collector. Thanks.

Man, we just barely have time to draw a couple of breaths and it's AQU Inner time which means ... Riders Up! Yee haw

Exotic1
11-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Congratulations Aner.

Lots of hard work I'm sure. Nice job.

Dahoss9698
11-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Congrats on a job well done.

Tom
11-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Nice going, guys. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Vinnie
11-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Awesome handicapping gentlemen!! :)

Congratulations!!!

maddog42
11-09-2012, 10:42 AM
In an insane fit of sore loserism, I forgot to congratulate the top 20
or so handicappers.

TOTAL PLAYER 6915 Aner 5625 Red Knave 5390 ndsc32 4920 Jay Trotter 4900 TBred17Roan 4830 Turkoman 4625 highrider 4425 camourous 4375 cdax 4130 tiger rose 3925 MaumeeRiverAngler 3835 Indypacer 3705 FunkyMonkey 3675 horses4courses 3650 dogcatcher 3600 MONEY 3480 Track Collector 3400 JBMadera 3375 HuggingTheRail 3370 parshooter 3200 toetoe 3100 Immanuel Kant

You guys are all good handicappers and with a couple of breaks
any of you could have won.
Congrats

Robert Fischer
11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Congrats :ThmbUp:

Striker
11-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Nicely done Aner!

TBred17Roan
11-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Congrats Aner on a well deserved win. Nicely played over the course of the 8 different contests in 2012. Kudos to Red Knave and ndsc32 for their strong showings also. Thanks to all the sponsors for their generous support and to Jay Trotter, Track Collector and Pace Advantage for all the hard work making this happen.

ArlJim78
11-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Congrats Aner, a deserving winner.
Being a person who does not have the aptitude for contest or tournament type of play, I'm impressed by those who excel at it.
Well done.:ThmbUp:

Overlay
11-09-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm always especially happy to see a prior customer achieve such success! Congratulations, Aner!

TurfRuler
11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
I finally understand what faltered in the stretch really means.

Congratulations to the winner, who drew away, the second place finisher who was the best of the rest and the third place who is always in the money in my book

To the sponsors I hope they stick with the pace, Paceadvantage.com that is.

To the guys who really made these events possible and you know who you are, thanks for all the hard work.

098poi
11-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Congratulations Aner! :ThmbUp:

horses4courses
11-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Great job, Aner!

Thanks to PA, Jay, TC, and all sponsors for their hard work and generosity. :ThmbUp:

Ocala Mike
11-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Well played, Aner!

LAP_520
11-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Congratulations Aner !

:jump:

Dave Schwartz
11-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Way to go, Aner.

Valupix
11-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Sweet effort Aner!!!You've been on a tear since the old Saturday Classic days. Well Done!

TurfRuler
11-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't want to brag or boast but during my abscense from the contest I managed to win something in another contest.

If Murphy was alive and maybe he is, I'd be the poster boy of the law.

IT'S OFFICIAL: FANTASY 'CAPPING RESULTS ARE IN

The results are in for this year's Fantasy 'Capping Season! Your team, TurfRuler, finished 1st in the None Racing State league. Your league winner is TurfRuler with $0.00 in Fantasy Earnings during the 14 race season!

I'm still laughing because you can't win them all, you can win $0.00

cdax
11-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Great job Aner! Now we all know who to target for next year. :)

Big thanks to PA, Trotter and TrackCollector for running such a large undertaking so smoothly.

And I must admit, these contests certainly showed me where my weaknesses are. The lessons learned I'm sure will only improve my play.

Again, great job everyone.

CincyHorseplayer
11-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Congratulations Aner.The patence and discipline to do this and have to change your picks plus actually bet with minutes to post must be intense!!I could write out picks for a contest and at least have to change 2 or 3 of them nearing post time.It's already maddenning!I thinks it's an awesome feat and accomplishment.Good capping bro.

Rod

Track Collector
11-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Congratulations Aner, Red Knave, and ndsc32!

Your year-end finish proves without a doubt you are all top-notch handicappers. :ThmbUp:

duncan04
11-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Congrats Aner

Jingle
11-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Nice job you guys and congrats.

nijinski
11-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Great job Aner and Congrats for your POY win !

Congrats to the runner ups Red Knave and ndsc32 . Well done everyone !

davew
11-11-2012, 02:31 PM
congrats to all top finishers

hundreds of hours must have been spent strategizing and making selections throughout the year

dogkatcher
11-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Aner, you've also won a start in the San Juan Capistrano at Santa Anita next year.

Great stamina, congrats, quite a marathon.

Gapfire
11-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Well done Aner :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: