PDA

View Full Version : Who won Florida?

hcap
11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
...Mitt Romney's campaign said that President Barack Obama won the state of Florida in the race for the White House.

The Miami Herald reports that Romney adviser Brett Doster said in a statement, "The numbers in Florida show this was winnable," and added, "We thought based on our polling and range of organization that we had done what we needed to win. Obviously, we didn’t, and for that I and every other operative in Florida has a sick feeling that we left something on the table. I can assure you this won’t happen again."

hcap
11-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Obama did

Election Results

Candidate ..Popular vote...... Percentage ...... Electoral votes (270 to win)

Barack Obama.. 61713086..... 51% ................... 332
Mitt Romney ... 58510150...... 48% ....................206

Clearly a Mandate!

ElKabong
11-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Obama did

Election Results

Clearly a Mandate!

Mandate? Clearly wrong. And you'll be clearly disappointed by the lack of ability this admin has to get anything done.

Remember your disappointment in Obama before the campaign swung into action? The fact he didn't accomplish anything? Rewind that tape, history repeats itself

ElKabong
11-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Obama did

Election Results

Clearly a Mandate!

Bill Clinton just called, your arithmetic sucks. Obama rec'd only 50.6% of the vote

50% of the vote...No mandate for YOU!

Tom
11-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Mandate? :lol: :lol:

Back to the original thread ?

Florida is still counting today, I heard?
Or should I say Flori-duh!
What is so hard about voting that Florida can never figure it out?
Seriously, do they purposely hire morons to run thier voting?

Not sure how many are familiar with the old mechanical booths NY used to use, but I thought there was not better mthod - fast, you were sure of your vote (unless you wre a totally idiot!) and you knew your vote counted when you pulled open the curtain. I fail to see how our new scanned ballots are better. I thing they have a far greter chance of being compromised than the old ones.
I discussed this at length with an offical when I voted and commented that his ballots sucked. He pointed out the double color-coded twist ties that protected the count and explained how the machine were already being impounded for this election as there was a close race.......nothing could go wrong.

I laughed.
I left.

Marshall Bennett
11-10-2012, 03:23 PM
2012 technology and they can't count votes. :bang: They should be left out in 2016.

johnhannibalsmith
11-10-2012, 03:27 PM
... They should be left out in 2016.

http://i.imgur.com/kL4aT.gif

hcap
11-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Bill Clinton just called, your arithmetic sucks. Obama rec'd only 50.6% of the vote

50% of the vote...No mandate for YOU!

That is the tally for Florida only---50% of the vote

The numbers I posted were Nationwide

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=election+results&oq=election&gs_l=serp.1.2.35i39j0i20j0i3j0i20.42057.47518.1.50 547.8.8.0.0.0.0.91.618.8.8.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.L4 O8V33Rmgw&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=90608e72b45b1351&bpcl=38093640&biw=993&bih=671

And

http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results

Tom
11-10-2012, 03:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kL4aT.gif

Wow! Geld them :eek:

hcap
11-10-2012, 03:31 PM

Not sure how many are familiar with the old mechanical booths NY used to use, but I thought there was not better mthod - fast, you were sure of your vote (unless you wre a totally idiot!) and you knew your vote counted when you pulled open the curtain. I fail to see how our new scanned ballots are better. I thing they have a far greter chance of being compromised than the old ones.
I discussed this at length with an offical when I voted and commented that his ballots sucked. He pointed out the double color-coded twist ties that protected the count and explained how the machine were already being impounded for this election as there was a close race.......nothing could go wrong.

I laughed.
I left.

Florida was just called for Obama by NBC and this......

The Florida Secretary of State's Office said that with almost 100 percent of the vote counted, Obama led Republican challenger Mitt Romney 50 percent to 49.1 percent, a difference of about 74,000 votes. That was over the half-percent margin where a computer recount would have been automatically ordered unless Romney had waived it.

If not a mandate, a landslide. Dickie Morris was right! :)

Stillriledup
11-10-2012, 03:44 PM

I laughed.
I left.

Yes, they purposely hire morons to run the voting. The harder they make it to vote, the less ballots are cast.

ElKabong
11-10-2012, 06:10 PM
That is the tally for Florida only---50% of the vote

The numbers I posted were Nationwide

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=election+results&oq=election&gs_l=serp.1.2.35i39j0i20j0i3j0i20.42057.47518.1.50 547.8.8.0.0.0.0.91.618.8.8.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.L4 O8V33Rmgw&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=90608e72b45b1351&bpcl=38093640&biw=993&bih=671

And

http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results

Honest question...Are you that dense? Or just in perpetual spin mode?

The % you gave was ROUNDED UP. ...You do understand what rounding up is, right? Look at the HUFFPO link, it's 50.5%.....Not 51.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/results

POPULAR VOTE
OBAMA 61,715,465 50.5%
ROMNEY 58,507,338 47.9%

hcap
11-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Honest question...Are you that dense? Or just in perpetual spin mode?

The % you gave was ROUNDED UP. ...You do understand what rounding up is, right? Look at the HUFFPO link, it's 50.5%.....Not 51.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/results

POPULAR VOTE
OBAMA 61,715,465 50.5%
ROMNEY 58,507,338 47.9%

As my grandmother would say to cousin Melwin the family "s-l-o-w shmendrick"

Get off your tucas so you can use your brain!!!

Kabong, you should be the last shmendrick to call anyone dense.

THEY BOTH WERE ROUNDED UP!!!

Obama and your
pitiful gang buster.

You got your ass handed to you on a platter

http://boskolives.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/ass-handed-gop.jpg

But the electoral score demolished the TPers and the rest of the Repugs.

Looks like 20101 signifies very little.

sammy the sage
11-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Fla. voter's aren't very smart...they voted a 96 yr. old man who DIED in early Oct. back in office :faint:

Tom
11-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Yes, they purposely hire morons to run the voting. The harder they make it to vote, the less ballots are cast.

You could always move.

JustRalph
11-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Fla. voter's aren't very smart...they voted a 96 yr. old man who DIED in early Oct. back in office :faint:

They knew why they voted him in. It's a political reality that you have to vote for the dead guy, or give the office to the other party.

I'm sure u know that

ElKabong
11-11-2012, 01:26 AM
As my grandmother would say to cousin Melwin the family "s-l-o-w shmendrick"

Get off your tucas so you can use your brain!!!

Kabong, you should be the last shmendrick to call anyone dense.

THEY BOTH WERE ROUNDED UP!!!

Obama and your
pitiful gang buster.

You got your ass handed to you on a platter

http://boskolives.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/ass-handed-gop.jpg

But the electoral score demolished the TPers and the rest of the Repugs.

Looks like 20101 signifies very little.

Still, with the 7th grade nonsense I see.......Hard to swallow I guess, getting less than 51% of the vote - 50%. No mandate. So sorry

hcap
11-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Still, with the 7th grade nonsense I see.......Hard to swallow I guess, getting less than 51% of the vote - 50%. No mandate. So sorryI think Obama will be able to get more done with congress. Although you will never admit you got hosed big time, I think most repugs see the writing on the wall. Except of course for some die hards in the TP who are even more reactionary than you.

Meanwhile I did not see you concede that the data from the Tax Foundation was recent enough to support the fact, that Blue states NOW tow Red state anchors, and have for 20 years plus.

hcap
11-11-2012, 08:04 AM
You guys will not like this, but it describes once again how the right wing media was in denial.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/08/is-all-the-lying-backfiring/

"....The right wing media has trafficked in lies for so long because they believe it suits their agenda. They know that if they tell the truth about the President’s actual agenda, most conservative viewers wouldn’t give a f**k."

.................................................. .........................

And this guy ios the one that proposes Dems winning in the future

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/forget-nate-silver-meet-the-guy-who-called-2012-in-2002.php?ref=fpa

"Calling all 50 states the day before the election as Nate Silver did is one thing — predicting President Obama’s winning majority 10 years in advance is hard to top.

But that’s what Ruy Teixeira did. Since 2002, when Democrats were at a low point and sinking lower, Teixeira has consistently argued that long-term demographic trends pointed to brighter days ahead for the party."

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2012, 10:01 AM
But that’s what Ruy Teixeira did. Since 2002, when Democrats were at a low point and sinking lower, Teixeira has consistently argued that long-term demographic trends pointed to brighter days ahead for the party."Thanks to race baiting and fear mongering. That facade can't last too long. As Lincoln once said, you can only fool some of the people some of the time.

You can rely on your own special brand of racism and sexism to win you elections, but the bottom line is economics and policies that work.

When the money runs out and the country turns into Greece Part Deux, the demographics won't matter anymore. Even the truly blind will be able to see the failure that is the policies of the party of Democrats.

I hope I'm wrong, for the country's sake. But it hasn't worked in any of the bluest states or bluest cities, and it certainly isn't working in Europe at the moment.

I guess we'll see in another four years how things are working out.

hcap
11-11-2012, 11:03 AM
You are bonkers and apparently totally in denial of the political realities.
Dems did not win because we portrayed repugs and the dynamic duo as racists. Or as hating women. You guys did it ALL by yourselves and the voters decided on that basis

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Dems did not win because we portrayed repugs and the dynamic duo as racists. Or as hating women. You guys did it ALL by yourselves and the voters decided on that basisOh stop with your nonsense. Every single statement by a D-list GOPer that could even be REMOTELY taken as racist or sexist was MAGNIFIED 1000x by the media, while similar statements by A-list Dems (like Biden's "put ya'll back in chains") were laughed off and swept under the rug.

There was no "hating women" going on...no racism....it was all manufactured quite effectively by the Dems and their complicit media machine.

Like I have said, against this type of foe, it's amazing Romney was able to get as many votes as he did...it's clear we'll just have to let the bottom fall out of the US economy before EVERYONE can see just how damaging the Democrats can be...and like I've also said, I hope I'm very wrong about that, but I fear that I am not.

Tom
11-11-2012, 11:24 AM
hcap, your dirty strategy worked - don't deny it.
Lies are what Obama has based his presidency on.
Rejoice, you guys could NEVER base one on results! :lol::lol:

Be all you can be.......you took it to heart!

ElKabong
11-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Meanwhile I did not see you concede that the data from the Tax Foundation was recent enough to support the fact, that Blue states NOW tow Red state anchors, and have for 20 years plus.

No concession needed. Follow me for a bit (using your tax foundation website) The details are below. The tax code needs to be destroyed to make it equitable across the nation

You're arguing many of those people in the gulf states pay no taxes. If you went to the Tax Foundation website, it's b/c of deductions & increased value of exemptions, and, tax credits. > that's directly off their site, linked below

Hmmm. Didn't Romney say he would clean up the tax code? Do away with a lot of exemptions and/ or deductions?

Doesn't take a genius to figure this out, does it? Wages, as well as cost of living, is lower / cheaper in the gulf states. Add in the exemptions, credits etc, it runs your liability down....Unfortunately I pay Uncle Sam a lot of$$..., so you can't lump the entire populace of these states to one myopic category.....The people with no liability are low wage earners - the example was a married cpl @ $45,000. Wwhile that sounds low, and it is even for here, it's become the new norm for a lot of people now here. Obamanics has taken the toll for them.

Additionally, according to your boys at the Tax Foundation, non-payers have crept into the "middle class" the past decade.... Further need to do away with most exemptions and credits and such.

http://taxfoundation.org/article/fiscal-costs-nonpayers

There are two main causes of the growth in nonpayers. The first is the increased value of the standard deduction and personal exemption brought about in the Tax Reform Act of 1986.[5] This had the effect of reducing the taxable income for all taxpayers but was especially beneficial for low-income taxpayers.

The second, and more recent, cause has been the creation of new and expanded tax credits. Unlike the personal exemption, which reduces a taxpayer’s taxable income, tax credits directly reduce tax liability. These credits have grown in number and value over the past the two decades. In 1990, the combined value of these credits was roughly $20 billion, after adjusting for inflation. Two decades later, the combined budgetary cost of both the basic and refundable tax credits reached a remarkable $224 billion in 2010.

Though most nonpayers are low income by conventional standards, the income level at which one can become a nonpayer has crept upward into the middle class over the last decade. In 2001, the share of those tax filers making between $50,000 and $75,000 with no income tax liability was roughly 1 percent. By 2009, that share had jumped to 12 percent.[6],[7] The threshold at which the typical married couple with two children will likely be nonpayers given the standard deduction, personal exemption, and only two dependent child credits is now roughly $47,000.[8] This is without any additional deductions or credits, such as the mortgage interest deduction.

Stillriledup
11-11-2012, 09:01 PM
So the results are official or are they still counting?