PDA

View Full Version : Poor TVG

PhantomOnTour
11-08-2012, 01:43 PM
With Aqueduct cancelling the last two days due to severe weather they have nothing to show (except English racing) until mid-afternoon.
Meanwhile, HRTV has Churchill, Calder, and Laurel.

The first American track TVG will air today is going to be Hawthorne which begins about 3pm eastern time.
Ouch

Tom
11-08-2012, 01:44 PM
They have a bad business model.

Striker
11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
And viewers can keep the channel right on HRTV if they are interested in BHP instead of going over to TVG now.

Zydeco
11-08-2012, 03:00 PM
yesterday they didn't get on until 6:40 with Evangeline Downs. I'm glad they are sharing the So. Cal. signals now.

redshift1
11-08-2012, 03:02 PM
And viewers can keep the channel right on HRTV if they are interested in BHP instead of going over to TVG now.

Are all the signals shared or just California?

Tom
11-08-2012, 03:02 PM
I was pretty satisfied (yes, ME!) with HRTV's BC coverage. I watched some of TVG, but I just can't listen to that crew.

Striker
11-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Are all the signals shared or just California?
Just California. TVG and HRTV will both air Santa Anita also starting Dec. 26th.

SandyLoam
11-08-2012, 04:37 PM

How's that? Not to argue, but isn't it just a matter of getting aced out by the CDI-Stronach cartel?

duncan04
11-08-2012, 04:56 PM
How's that? Not to argue, but isn't it just a matter of getting aced out by the CDI-Stronach cartel?

Agree with you here. How can it be a bad business model if they cant get the "best" tracks? Finger Lakes was only early track not owned by CDI-Stronach today

usedtolovetvg
11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
They used to have Churchill and all those tracks. Their business model appears flawed. They demand more than the tracks are willing to pay.

anotherCAfan
11-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Christina O. was at Santa Anita on Breeders' Cup Saturday, but she was working for some other media outlet/network (not TVG).

duncan04
11-09-2012, 12:14 AM
They used to have Churchill and all those tracks. Their business model appears flawed. They demand more than the tracks are willing to pay.

Churchill has its own ADW and there is no need to be on a network with a competing ADW. That is probably the main reason they are on HRTV and has nothing to do with what they pay.

usedtolovetvg
11-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Churchill has its own ADW and there is no need to be on a network with a competing ADW. That is probably the main reason they are on HRTV and has nothing to do with what they pay.

They are on HRTV that has a competing ADW. It was a purely financial decision to leave TVG and partner with HRTV. Keeneland has its own ADW and still remains with TVG.

Tom
11-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Agree with you here. How can it be a bad business model if they cant get the "best" tracks? Finger Lakes was only early track not owned by CDI-Stronach today

Did they show FL races?
You are telling me that no races is a better choice than FL races?
Have something to air.

usedtolovetvg
11-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Did they show FL races?
You are telling me that no races is a better choice than FL races?
Have something to air.

TVG will not deal with any tracks that will not pay for the privilege. They show NYRA but only because NYRA is big enough to set their own terms.

Tom
11-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Then for the viewers, that is a bad business model.

usedtolovetvg
11-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Then for the viewers, that is a bad business model.

I believe that Betfair is finding out that for the business, this is a bad business model. Think about it, if Exchange Wagering is going to fly in the U.S., they will need the biggest players to attract the players. TVG has done their best to alienate all the major players. Santa Anita will never agree to EW and CD is working on creating their own platform for the express purpose of stopping Betfair. Whoever put the bozos in charge is paying the price.

Shelby
11-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I wish Directv would be allowed to have HRTV.....I wish TVG would show Gulfstream Park.....

I have a lot of wishes ;)

1st time lasix
11-09-2012, 10:45 AM
they lost Tampa last year. Had to be a money issue.

usedtolovetvg
11-09-2012, 10:51 AM
they lost Tampa last year. Had to be a money issue.

It was.

Tom
11-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I wish Directv would be allowed to have HRTV.....I wish TVG would show Gulfstream Park.....

If wishes were horses......you could run your own track on bet on it! :D;)

Fingal
11-09-2012, 11:36 AM

Arrogance always is.

Karma baby, karma.

Little Watermelon
11-09-2012, 11:51 AM

During Belmont weekend a number of HRTV personalities were stationed around the clubhouse paddock area. I asked Aaron Vercruysse why HRTV was not on Direct TV; he said that HRTV was pursuing high-definition by the fall and that Direct TV would be a possibility if they became a high-definition channel. I guess none of this came to fruition.

Channel 603 on Direct TV, right under TVG has become vacant; NBC Sports was moved to near the ESPN channels. I always hope they will add HRTV there. More likely though, another hunting channel, they have plenty of those in that range. Nothing like channel-surfing and seeing a dead deer.

Shelby
11-09-2012, 12:03 PM
If wishes were horses......you could run your own track on bet on it! :D;)

I'd probably still have a negative ROI. :rolleyes:;)

Shelby
11-09-2012, 12:05 PM
During Belmont weekend a number of HRTV personalities were stationed around the clubhouse paddock area. I asked Aaron Vercruysse why HRTV was not on Direct TV; he said that HRTV was pursuing high-definition by the fall and that Direct TV would be a possibility if they became a high-definition channel. I guess none of this came to fruition.

Channel 603 on Direct TV, right under TVG has become vacant; NBC Sports was moved to near the ESPN channels. I always hope they will add HRTV there. More likely though, another hunting channel, they have plenty of those in that range. Nothing like channel-surfing and seeing a dead deer.

Thanks for the info. So close, yet so far away.

RE the bolded: No kidding. I'm going to be seeing enough of that in real life. (hunting season in Kansas begins in earnest tomorrow--pheasant season. I won't see my husband until the end of January lol.)

thespaah
11-11-2012, 09:57 PM

I have been a Dish subscriber for 15 years. I don't like the fact that while Directv has better equipment(the Genie is THE BOMB) I won't switch just yet. Once HRTV goes to Directv, I will switch.
However, if RTN ever starts an on line version, I will probably not watch either HRTV or TVG anymore.
TVG's hosts for the most part just annoy the hell out of me. Plus, they use their own graphics instead of the graphics from the track feeds.
If TVG went out of business tomorrow, I would not miss it.

edmond1
11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Noticed that TVG showing an inferior quality Aqueduct feed now. Poorer quality picture and several seconds more delayed now than before ?????

mannyberrios
11-12-2012, 07:54 PM
I'd probably still have a negative ROI. :rolleyes:;)
Not true

Al Gobbi
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
1. I truly believe that if BF cannot get the needed approvals to offer EW on the t-bred tracks in CA within the next year they will close up shop w/TVG and go back to offering all US races on its UK platforms. I highly doubt many will be crawling to bet on Los Al and Cal Expo races.

2. You rarely hear anything good about TVG in the news nowadays. Hollywood Park is heading on its way out so it is one less venue they will be able to do a live remote from (doubt they are on site at Santa Anita on a regular basis). I also believe that if HP closes then TVG will have to give up DMR exclusivity in order to show SA races.

3. The fact they cut staff last year and have substantially cut back on races being show and showing mostly inferior tracks at night tells me they could care less about the TV product, and the fact they shove Schrupp and LoDuca on air is pitful. When I first watched TVG the lead crew was Chris Harrison and Frank Lyons. You may not agreed with what they said but they did not come off like bozos like Schrupp and others have become.

MaTH716
11-13-2012, 07:04 PM
1. I truly believe that if BF cannot get the needed approvals to offer EW on the t-bred tracks in CA within the next year they will close up shop w/TVG and go back to offering all US races on its UK platforms. I highly doubt many will be crawling to bet on Los Al and Cal Expo races.

2. You rarely hear anything good about TVG in the news nowadays. Hollywood Park is heading on its way out so it is one less venue they will be able to do a live remote from (doubt they are on site at Santa Anita on a regular basis). I also believe that if HP closes then TVG will have to give up DMR exclusivity in order to show SA races.

3. The fact they cut staff last year and have substantially cut back on races being show and showing mostly inferior tracks at night tells me they could care less about the TV product, and the fact they shove Schrupp and LoDuca on air is pitful. When I first watched TVG the lead crew was Chris Harrison and Frank Lyons. You may not agreed with what they said but they did not come off like bozos like Schrupp and others have become.

What top track/circuit is running night races that TVG is choosing not to show?