PDA

View Full Version : It's over!!!

mostpost
11-06-2012, 11:20 PM
MSNBC, CNN, NBC CBS and Fox have all called the election for Barack Obama

pandy
11-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Congratulations Most and to all who voted for the President. Polls had it right, I had it wrong.

johnhannibalsmith
11-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Ride your horse high. I was looking forward to working with you in knocking Romney around for four years. Oh well, at least I know Obama will give us plenty of material to work with.

Stillriledup
Sha na na na HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE!!!

So much for the close election.

mostpost
Congratulations Most and to all who voted for the President. Polls had it right, I had it wrong.
We need to work together to solve our problems. We can not have four years like the last four. We must compromise.

NJ Stinks
11-06-2012, 11:23 PM
MSNBC, CNN, NBC CBS and Fox have all called the election for Barack Obama

It's a great night for the majority of Americans, Mostpost. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
11-06-2012, 11:24 PM

Well, the electoral college looks likely to save your bacon, so... ;)

pandy
11-06-2012, 11:24 PM
We need to work together to solve our problems. We can not have four years like the last four. We must compromise.

So true but hard to be optimistic when you have a partisan President and a partisan House.

Greybase
11-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Here is BO's victory tribute song:

Motorhead: It's Obama!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2S9rwyQkJE)

:)

johnhannibalsmith
Uh oh! Romney says NO F#$@ING WAY! Stand down FOX!!!

PaceAdvantage
It's a great night for the majority of Americans, Mostpost. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:Why? That's a serious question. The last four years have NOT been good...and you know it...

You also know that you're highly disappointed in what Obama has done.

ElKabong
11-06-2012, 11:26 PM

as you typed this, Romney is ahead by over 1 million votes nationally :lol:

horses4courses
11-06-2012, 11:26 PM

Hear, hear! :ThmbUp:

We can't have four more years like the last term.
Hopefully, much can be achieved.

johnhannibalsmith
11-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Uh oh! Romney says NO F#$@ING WAY! Stand down FOX!!!

Now Rove is even calling FOX a bunch of idiots for calling it. :D

newtothegame
11-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Im sure you will be sending that letter to Harry Reid.....you know the guy who said working with Romney was laughable.....:lol:
Looks like the House picked up GOP seats.........lets see how willing Obama and you libs are willing to "compromise".....
It's easy to talk it......After all, this administration has done nothing but "talk and blame others for four years"....now we are supposed to beleive compromise is in the cards????
LOL Let me know how that works out for you all!! lol

jdhanover

THIS is the real truth...I hope, but unfortunately doubt, this will happen

ElKabong
Why? That's a serious question. The last four years have NOT been good...and you know it...

More unemployed Americans today, than the day Obama was elected.....That's progress thru the Dem glasses.

newtothegame
11-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Get back to us on the definition of "majority" will ya........and no, I am not talking electoral college votes. Just as you described, "majority of americans".....

JustRalph
11-06-2012, 11:30 PM
20 % to go.......Obama lead down to 900 in Ohio

Oops?

JJMartin
11-06-2012, 11:30 PM
4 more years of Barry Soetoro, its the beginning of the end...

Hank
11-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Pass the Hemlock.lol :lol:

ElKabong
11-06-2012, 11:32 PM
20 % to go.......Obama lead down to 900 in Ohio

Oops?

I noticed that too, but Cayohoga (sp) Co has a lump of votes in pocket per cnn

Striker
11-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Very true mosty but the filibusters won't stop for the next 4 years in the Senate.

ArlJim78
11-06-2012, 11:36 PM
national suicide. we had a good run for about a hundred years though.

NJ Stinks
11-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Why? That's a serious question. The last four years have NOT been good...and you know it...

Things are slowly getting better. I'm not highly disappointed. I wish he pushed harder in certain areas - like single payor. But given that Republicans voted no to almost everything he tried to do, he did what he could.

Bottom line is Obama will represent all of us. I never felt that way about Romney.

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Bottom line is Obama will represent all of us. I never felt that way about Romney.Oh come on...the election is over...you can actually tell the truth now...

There's no way either of them will EVER represent ALL OF US, and you know it.

Obama has shown he is AS beholden to the MASTERS as any other president...that master being $$$$$$$$$$$.

JustRalph
11-06-2012, 11:39 PM
I noticed that too, but Cayohoga (sp) Co has a lump of votes in pocket per cnn

If it's Cleveland like they say, Romney won't get 25 votes in what's left.

johnhannibalsmith
11-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Things are slowly getting better. I'm not highly disappointed. I wish he pushed harder in certain areas - like single payor. But given that Republicans voted no to almost everything he tried to do, he did what he could.

Bottom line is Obama will represent all of us. I never felt that way about Romney.

The good news is, maybe Republicans will call the Democrat bluff and green light everything they've promised. Then you can see how genuine these politicians really are. When they don't have the threat of "obstructionism", what would they really do. You got a glimpse of it from 2008-2009, it wasn't much. Fact is, they all know where their bread is buttered and you only matter when vote counting time comes around.

Greyfox
"Sometimes I feel like I'm the Harlem Globetrotters playing against the Washington Generals."

:ThmbUp: Good luck Mostpost.

God Bless America.

(Reason re: jobs, economy, Benghazi, the Gulf Stream oil, Keystone Pipeline, Solyndra failure,
the National Debt legacy to future generations, the nationalization of two auto companies, means little to those who have spoken at the ballot box. God Bless America)

ElKabong

As a conservative voter that's registered as an Indy, he doesn't represent me. Not in the least. Never has. (honest comment, no smack or bitterness, just truth)

NJ Stinks
11-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Get back to us on the definition of "majority" will ya........and no, I am not talking electoral college votes. Just as you described, "majority of americans".....

Obama could still win the popular vote because of the west coast.

And, Newt, I want to dump the electoral college. Popular vote should rule IMO.

lsbets
11-06-2012, 11:45 PM
As a conservative voter that's registered as an Indy, he doesn't represent me. Not in the least. Never has. (honest comment, no smack or bitterness, just truth)

He is the most petty, insecure, bitterly divisive president in American history. He doesn't even represent his most ardent supporters, most of them are too dumb to realize it.

Sad day for America. We got 4 more of Obama and also got fauxcahontas.

Obama will end up with a narrow win of the popular vote after California is counted, but for a guy who was swept in the way he was, to barely win reelection against a guy with no charisma, speaks to how weak he is.

The key question for me is when does Obama take responsibility and stop blaming bush?

Robert Goren
11-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Im sure you will be sending that letter to Harry Reid.....you know the guy who said working with Romney was laughable.....:lol:
Looks like the House picked up GOP seats.........lets see how willing Obama and you libs are willing to "compromise".....
It's easy to talk it......After all, this administration has done nothing but "talk and blame others for four years"....now we are supposed to beleive compromise is in the cards????
LOL Let me know how that works out for you all!! lolIts also looking like the democrats will at least break even the senate or maybe even pick up a seat. Even I didn't see that coming. Thank you Tea Party for giving us back 2 seats we should have lost.

PhantomOnTour
11-06-2012, 11:48 PM
He is the most petty, insecure, bitterly divisive president in American history. He doesn't even represent his most ardent supporters, most of them are too dumb to realize it.

Sad day for America. We got 4 more of Obama and also got fauxcahontas.

Obama will end up with a narrow win of the popular vote after California is counted, but for a guy who was swept in the way he was, to barely win reelection against a guy with no charisma, speaks to how weak he is.

The key question for me is when does Obama take responsibility and stop blaming bush?
...and so it begins :lol:
beaches gonna beach - for four more years

highnote
11-06-2012, 11:49 PM
...but for a guy who was swept in the way he was, to barely win reelection against a guy with no charisma, speaks to how weak he is.

Also speaks to how weak the Republicans are that they could only put up a candidate who could not beat a weak candidate.

Of course, I can't throw too many stones. Talk about weak... my candidate was lucky to have gotten 2% of the vote. :D

lsbets
11-06-2012, 11:50 PM
...and so it begins :lol:
beaches gonna beach - for four more years

Should I be congratulating America for its genius in reelecting Obama? Should I be hopeful that the guy might do things right? Should I not express my opinion?

ElKabong
11-06-2012, 11:51 PM

Congress will be his new boogeyman & excuse for not moving the country forward

NJ Stinks
11-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Oh come on...the election is over...you can actually tell the truth now...

There's no way either of them will EVER represent ALL OF US, and you know it.

Obama has shown he is AS beholden to the MASTERS as any other president...that master being $$$$$$$$$$$.

Are you going keep telling me what I really think?

Romney was going to help a few wealthy people and tell us it was going to help all of us. I'm not buying that malarky. ( :p )

Obama will try to help the majority. Certainly a lot more than Romney ever would.

PhantomOnTour
11-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Should I be congratulating America for its genius in reelecting Obama? Should I be hopeful that the guy might do things right? Should I not express my opinion?
Go ahead...beach (oops - i mean OPINE) away
Have at it, whilst i get a good laugh out of it

OntheRail
11-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Hear that sound.... That's Iran spinning uranium... that's Libya... dropping RPG's into the tubes... That's China closing the Money Bag and tearing off the over due bill.

All I can say is UN F*cking Believable.... :bang:

lsbets
11-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Also speaks to how weak the Republicans are that they could only put up a candidate who could not beat a weak candidate.

Of course, I can't throw too many stones. Talk about weak... my candidate was lucky to have gotten 2% of the vote. :D

I agree the republican field was pitifully weak. You know who I voted for. There was no suspense or hope that he might win, but at least I felt good about my vote. If someone voted for Obama and felt good about it they are a moron.

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Are you going keep telling me what I really think?

Romney was going to help a few wealthy people and tell us it was going to help all of us. I'm not buying that malarky. ( :p )

Obama will try to help the majority. Certainly a lot more than Romney ever would.I'll keep writing whatever I damn please, as will you.

lsbets
11-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Go ahead...beach (oops - i mean OPINE) away
Have at it, whilst i get a good laugh out of it

You deserve Obama. My kids don't. Good luck to you. Hopefully something is left for my children to rebuild when they grow up.

And my your cleverness with beach. You're a bright and witty one.

johnhannibalsmith
11-06-2012, 11:55 PM
I agree the republican field was pitifully weak. You know who I voted for. There was no suspense or hope that he might win, but at least I felt good about my vote. If someone voted for Obama and felt good about it they are a moron.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

text included

NJ Stinks
11-06-2012, 11:56 PM
I'll keep writing whatever I damn please, as will you.

Gotcha.

OntheRail
11-06-2012, 11:57 PM
More unemployed Americans today, than the day Obama was elected.....That's progress thru the Dem glasses.

More Sheep to herd... means more shepherd. That means more taxes pushing more out of work. So more sheep more shepherds around and round we go. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Gotcha.I just know from your history, there are times where your inner honesty shines through...I thought this might be one of those times...I'm as baffled by you as you are by me in our respective beliefs.

I can't see how ANYONE could be happy with Obama...supporter or non-supporter. He's clearly failed his supporters if you compare his "accomplishments" with what he actually promised to achieve shortly after he was elected in 2008.

PhantomOnTour
11-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Yes...morons :lol:
And just what or who did you mean by the term Fauxcahontas?
Ooooh - you clever too.
These are the insults i was posting about earlier...just cant help yourself can you?

Greyfox
11-07-2012, 12:03 AM
I can't see how ANYONE could be happy with Obama...supporter or non-supporter. He's clearly failed his supporters if you compare his "accomplishments" with what he actually promised to achieve shortly after he was elected in 2008.

Obama I - was clearly a "failed Presidency" by any benchmarks.

lsbets
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Yes...morons :lol:
And just what or who did you mean by the term Fauxcahontas?
Ooooh - you clever too.
These are the insults i was posting about earlier...just cant help yourself can you?

You know who I'm taking about, the one who pretended to be a Native American to get a job at Harvard. I didn't make it up, but I like it. She's a lying bitch.

Did I hurt your feelings? I'd apologize but I wouldn't mean it, so I won't.

reckless
11-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Within the first year or so after Inauguration Day, Ruth Bader Ginsberg and David Souter will probably retire from the Supreme Court at some point.

Then, Obama will nominate America hating commies such as a disgraced and incompetent Lawrence Tribe, a plagarist,

Republican cowards and dummies such as Mitch McConnell, Orrin Hatch and Lindsay Graham will huff and puff for the Fox News cameras but in the end will give Obama the green light.

These sad turn of events will guarantee the destruction of the last great hope on Earth.

God save America.

NJ Stinks
11-07-2012, 12:15 AM
I can't see how ANYONE could be happy with Obama...supporter or non-supporter.

I know a lot of good people who agree with you.

IMO, of the two, Obama has more potential to do good things for the majority of Americans. Romney had little potential IMO. Maybe Obama won't live up to his potential. But potential is what today is all about.

HUSKER55
11-07-2012, 12:15 AM
it will be interesting to see where the investment money will be going tomorrow when the stock markets open

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2012, 12:18 AM
it will be interesting to see where the investment money will be going tomorrow when the stock markets openI don't see why anything would change...it's apparent many people thought Obama was going to win...why wouldn't that already be baked into the market?

BlueShoe
11-07-2012, 12:19 AM
We can not have four years like the last four.
But of course not. The next four will be much worse.

ElKabong
11-07-2012, 12:20 AM
IMO, of the two, Obama has more potential to do good things for the majority of Americans. .

Like prevent law enforcement from doing their job and send illegals back across the border? You did say Americans, right?

If you meant pour more of my tax $ into food stamps and UE benefits up to 2 years, then yeah I guess Obama can really do some good :rolleyes:

He's like a heroin dealer, only he robs from the middle class to give the ne'erdowells their drug fix. Sorry, that's not leading a country

PhantomOnTour
11-07-2012, 12:21 AM
You know who I'm taking about, the one who pretended to be a Native American to get a job at Harvard. I didn't make it up, but I like it. She's a lying bitch.

Did I hurt your feelings? I'd apologize but I wouldn't mean it, so I won't.
Hurting my feelings? :D
Keep showing your ass for the next 4yrs - it's very becoming of you.
What did Rush used to say when mocking Libs?..."I am outraged! Jus jus jus OUT-RAGED !!!"
Think i might use that to mock the Reps for the next 4yrs :D

Robert Goren
11-07-2012, 12:21 AM
This was more a republican loss than an Obama win. The republicans put up a weak candidate and made issues out of things that some voters could not vote for like dropping insurance coverage for birth control. That one issue alone may changed enough votes to swing the election. It made a lot of women hopping mad. This election will be studied for years as on how to lose an election. Not only did Romney lose but two republican senate candidates lost because they made fools out themselves over of all things, rape. I said it before the election that a If good republican candidate could have won easily. But no viable republican even entered the primaries. That says lot about the GOP this year. The GOP has got to figure out a way to minority voters if they ever want win one of these elections. It is rare to see a white couple with more than 3 kids. it is not unusual to see a minority couple with 5 or 6. Voter are changing and the the things that appeal to white male is going to attract a minority voter. The Republicans need offer more to those voters if they are going to get their votes. Going on ad nauseum about the deficit isn't going to get their votes or at least it hasn't yet.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2012, 12:23 AM
This coming from the guy who thinks Giuliani would have stood a better chance... :bang:

ElKabong
11-07-2012, 12:25 AM
What did Rush used to say when mocking Libs?..."I am outraged! Jus jus jus OUT-RAGED !!!"

Fair enough. You use that, we use the UE rate and the SGS AUR.

You lose.

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2012, 12:27 AM
... Going on ad nauseum about the deficit isn't going to get their votes or at least it hasn't yet.

What bloody chance do we stand if elections are, by your account, decided by free rubbers and pills, and not by the $17T deficit?

I'm just along for the ride, but the last thing we need is two parties that ignore big, federal issues to pander to boneheads that are worried about all the wrong things in terms of the country.

lsbets
11-07-2012, 12:28 AM

If you paid the tiniest but of attention you would know I am not a rep and didn't vote for a rep today. But I think paying attention might be a little tough for you. However it's good to see that you have something to look forward to for the next 4 years. It's probably a life enhancer for you. :jump:

plainolebill
11-07-2012, 12:44 AM
I know a lot of good people who agree with you.

IMO, of the two, Obama has more potential to do good things for the majority of Americans. Romney had little potential IMO. Maybe Obama won't live up to his potential. But potential is what today is all about.

Since he no longer has to worry about reelection maybe he'll grow a set. He should at the very least shake up his cabinet - getting Chu and Geithner out would be a great start - Panetta too. I'm probably forgetting a couple of other deadwoods.

highnote
11-07-2012, 12:47 AM

Agreed.

I had to write-in my candidate because my candidate was not on the ballot in my state. Anderson and Johnson were on the ballot. I almost voted for Anderson. I could not pull Johnson because I had too many differences with him.

I knew my vote would not make a difference in the outcome in my state, but I could not bring myself to vote for Obama because he escalated the war in Afghanistan.

I could not vote for Romney because I feel he is a hypocrite for saying he opposed the auto industry bailout, but was happy to make a 3,000% return on his investment in the auto industry by using taxpayer bailout money.

See, that is strongly against what I believe in. I could have made a lot of money buying oil stocks after Bush Jr. invaded Iraq, but I thought that it was not a decent way to make money -- profiting from something our soldiers were dying for. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night had I made that investment.

There are probably a lot of people who disagree with me. I respect their opinions, but I do not share their opinions. I will always vote my conscience.

highnote
11-07-2012, 12:50 AM
I don't see why anything would change...it's apparent many people thought Obama was going to win...why wouldn't that already be baked into the market?

futures are down tonight

ElKabong
11-07-2012, 12:58 AM
futures are down tonight

For those of us that are (a) gainfully employed and/ or (b) not reaching into Uncle Sugar's pocket for yet more of Middle Class' money, that comment applies.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2012, 01:02 AM
futures are down tonightNot much anymore...in fact, they've ticked UP again as soon as it was reported Romney will be conceding...

nijinski
11-07-2012, 01:05 AM
The Republican Senate came off as a detached cold bunch . It looks like
Dems won the seat in many states . That , I'm sure didn't help Romney.

We have our President re elected for the next term , despite a dismal past
term. Romney and the Republican Party needed to appeal to more young
folks and women and to those who are in trouble. Their sincerety wasn't easy to swallow . Give us a candidate to embrace next time .

highnote
11-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Not much anymore...in fact, they've ticked UP again as soon as it was reported Romney will be conceding...

s&p -4.75

ElKabong
11-07-2012, 01:13 AM
nijinski,

I'll take my chances with someone that doesn't pander to many groups that are looking for handouts.

I didn't understand the Fluke thing....an adult woman who wants the taxpayer to pay for her contraceptives, even abortions to an extent. Where does personal responsibility enter the picture with people like her?

"War on Women"....what a poor description.

Same for Latinos....Obama late in the game panders to them with a temp amnesty deal (that has to be dealt with in another administration). It was pandering, plain and simple. No leadership value.

At some point people have to look to leadership & not expect to put their hands out to be fed

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2012, 01:17 AM
s&p -4.75Yeah, and it was down over 13 around 10:30pm tonight...

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Now the S&P futures are UP 5.5 points and climbing....

highnote
11-07-2012, 02:43 AM
Now the S&P futures are UP 5.5 points and climbing....

Hope it stays that way -- I've been long for the past year and am planning on staying that way until at least March or Arpil. Then it's sell in May.

Greyfox
11-07-2012, 07:05 AM
This was more a republican loss than an Obama win. The republicans put up a weak candidate and made issues out of things that some voters could not vote for like dropping insurance coverage for birth control. That one issue alone may changed enough votes to swing the election. It made a lot of women hopping mad. This election will be studied for years as on how to lose an election. Not only did Romney lose but two republican senate candidates lost because they made fools out themselves over of all things, rape. I said it before the election that a If good republican candidate could have won easily. But no viable republican even entered the primaries. That says lot about the GOP this year. The GOP has got to figure out a way to minority voters if they ever want win one of these elections. It is rare to see a white couple with more than 3 kids. it is not unusual to see a minority couple with 5 or 6. Voter are changing and the the things that appeal to white male is going to attract a minority voter. The Republicans need offer more to those voters if they are going to get their votes. Going on ad nauseum about the deficit isn't going to get their votes or at least it hasn't yet.

Excellent post. :ThmbUp:

By any rational standards, Obama I was a failed Presidency.

The inability of the Republican platform to resonate with large numbers of women and minorities is a serious problem that the GOP has to examine their positions on.

God Bless America.
Four more years of sub-par leadership could leave a legacy which will take generations to recover from.
Even the mighty Roman Empire crumbled.
In today's electronic age, and a smaller and "flatter planet," major shifts in power happen much quicker.

Tom
11-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Hear, hear! :ThmbUp:

We can't have four more years like the last term.
Hopefully, much can be achieved.

Say what? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Much will be achieved all right, but not for you!~
Remember Obama's goals - no coal power, gas at Euro prices......
Your chickens have come home to roost! :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, yeah, I will re-post this very often just to give you the op to list for us all the great things that are achieved! :lol::lol::lol:

Valuist
11-07-2012, 08:41 AM

You and I normally disagree politically but you pretty much hit the nail on the head. The demographics of the country are changing. Deficit talk didn't help gain voters. It was all about the female vote and Romney couldn't secure it.

Ocala Mike
11-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Here are my takeaways from the election, in no special order:

1. 2010 was an anomaly, not a wave. The Tea Party is not irrelevant, but will have to be "dealt with" by the Republican Party going forward (read, "identity crisis").

2. Republicans should stay away from any use of the word "rape" until they learn what it means. Akin and Mourdock fell out of the nut tree on this, hitting every branch on the way down, and probably impacting the top of the ticket's chances.

3. The October Surprise did turn out to be Hurricane Sandy and its sequel.

4. Romney peaked too soon; 3. above killed his momentum, and the optics of Obama's love affair with Christie helped BO enormously.

5. The legitimate polls were essentially right all along; they weren't badly skewed left as many believed (hoped).

6. Steadily falling gas prices (where you could buy the stuff!) helped Obama; remember when it was all about gas prices? Non-issue at the end.

7. Finally, because I'm getting tired of typing, this observation - ARITHMETIC AND DEMOGRAPHICS CAN TRUMP ENTHUSIASM. Intelligent R's will figure that out.

As far as predicting the final electoral count, it appears that my state is still in play. If it goes to the candidate now leading, Obama winds up, I think, with 332 to Romney's 206. That would make Nate Silver 50/50 on his parlay card, I think.

Valuist
11-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Reports of rampant violence and protest in affluent suburbs everywhere. Oh yeah that only happens in the racist, bigoted urban areas.

Robert Fischer
11-07-2012, 10:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9oSdO.gif

mostpost
11-07-2012, 12:36 PM
"Sometimes I feel like I'm the Harlem Globetrotters playing against the Washington Generals."

:ThmbUp: Good luck Mostpost.

God Bless America.

(Reason re: jobs, economy, Benghazi, the Gulf Stream oil, Keystone Pipeline, Solyndra failure,
the National Debt legacy to future generations, the nationalization of two auto companies, means little to those who have spoken at the ballot box. God Bless America)

Those issues mean a lot to us, but we see that we have had 25 consecutive months of Job growth: that the economy is improving on most indicators: that Benghazi is a phony issue promulgated for votes; that there has to be a balance between environment and oil production; that Keystone pipeline would not impact oil production or prices; that Solyndra is just one company in an industry that will revolutionize how we obtain our energy; that the national debt can not be addressed unless everyone pays their fair share, which means some will have to pay more; that no auto companies were nationalized, they were saved

Tom
11-07-2012, 12:40 PM
You and I normally disagree politically but you pretty much hit the nail on the head. The demographics of the country are changing. Deficit talk didn't help gain voters. It was all about the female vote and Romney couldn't secure it.

The fate of the nation was sealed by a bunch of sluts who chose free contraception over jobs. Bottom line.

There should now be a REAL war on women.
At least lib women.

Tom
11-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Nice post mostie.
You got everything wrong.

BTW, it might be nice if you were to personally send your thoughts to the father of that dead Seal - might comfort him to know his son died for nothing.

mostpost
11-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Nice post mostie.
You got everything wrong.

BTW, it might be nice if you were to personally send your thoughts to the father of that dead Seal - might comfort him to know his son died for nothing.
You are truly an idiot. It has nothing to do with the father of the dead SEAL. It has everything to do with Republicans presenting false, inaccurate, irrelevant or unproven information in an attempt to gain political capital with their uninformed base.

Tyrone Woods' father has every right to mourn his son, but that does not give him any special knowledge of what occurred at that diplomatic mission.

maddog42
11-07-2012, 12:57 PM
The fate of the nation was sealed by a bunch of sluts who chose free contraception over jobs. Bottom line.

There should now be a REAL war on women.
At least lib women.

Statements like this cost the Republicans 2 Senate seats and probably the White House.

Tom
11-07-2012, 12:58 PM
mostie, touched a nerve, did I?
Good.

Of course, YOU have all the answers on this.
As for the rest of your drivel-post, I guess it is officially Obama's economy now, no more "inherited it from Bush" comments can be accepted.

This going to be a fun 4 years......ALL the onus for success is now on your guys. Only problem is, success is impossible with the policies your guys favor. :lol:

Now, a quick question.
Why would anyone open or expand a business in this country now, when they can do it in a multitude of other countries that do not demonize them?
You can bet your bottom dollar that none of those billions sitting in Europe waiting to come home after the election will be coming here now.

Tom
11-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Statements like this cost the Republicans 2 Senate seats and probably the White House.

I'm not running for anything.
The truth is an option for me.
Get used to it.

elysiantraveller
11-07-2012, 01:01 PM

C-O-R-R-E-C-T

It cements my argument that Tom's brand/vision of republicanism is dead.

newtothegame
11-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Tom, seems you struck a nerve...and you know what, should of struck more then that with this bafoon say benghazi is a phony trmped up yada yada....
but he wouldnt say that crap within ten miles of any of those dead mens families.
Nothing phony about it! he may disregard the cables, the president doing everything he could to dismiss it, the administration tossing hillary out as the flunky...but there is nothing phony about death!

maddog42
11-07-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm not running for anything.
The truth is an option for me.
Get used to it.

If Republicans don't learn from their mistakes they aren't going to win many elections. Wanting insurance to pay for their birth control doesn't make women "sluts". It makes them normal.

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2012, 01:10 PM
... that Solyndra is just one company in an industry that will revolutionize how we obtain our energy;...

I live in one of the "sunniest" places in the country and as far as solar goes, I think the word "revolutionize" is VASTLY overstated. It can't even gain traction here because we simply consume too much energy and it can't meet our needs nor is it nearly cost-effective enough to implement on anything resembling a broad scale. It may have its place eventually, but it surely isn't going to "revolutionize" anything.

...that the national debt can not be addressed unless everyone pays their fair share, which means some will have to pay more;...

A few hours ago I called to congratulate my friend who wasted her time campaigning in my state for Obama. I was sincere, in case that phrasing suggests otherwise. She asked if I voted Johnson and I basically stated that I voted against a population that thinks that the issue of austerity boils down to the viability of Big Bird. Naturally, she reiterated the line about how cutting PBS wouldn't put a dent, to which I naturally stated that if you can't even do that, then what can you cut that people won't object to? If cutting PBS is such a drop in the bucket as to be laughable, then how is the mantra that raising taxes on such a small percentage any better?

Surely you realize, when you say this, that you aren't really going to solve any actual problem - you are just making good on an ideological threat to "punish" in the name of some concept of what you perceive as "fairness". It's as meaningless a serious solution as parsing out PBS funding cuts as a solution. It may (and that's a 'may') be part of the solution, but it is FAR FAR FAR from the solution.

newtothegame
11-07-2012, 01:12 PM
If Republicans don't learn from their mistakes they aren't going to win many elections. Wanting insurance to pay for their birth control doesn't make women "sluts". It makes them normal.
no, wanting someone else to provide for your insurance (and remember no one person pays for your entire insurance when in pools), even when it goes against their belief, is NOT normal. then again, maybe in this society of "I am entitled" maybe it is normal to expect that!

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2012, 01:13 PM
C-O-R-R-E-C-T

But yet you think that the next stop is Libertarianism?

I don't agree with Tom's tone, but the idea that people would rather ignore the fact that we are $17T in debt and need to take a machete to funding so that they can get fifty cents a day worth of birth control for free tells me that the Republicans better move straight to big government liberalism if they actually want votes.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2012, 01:15 PM
If Republicans don't learn from their mistakes they aren't going to win many elections. Wanting insurance to pay for their birth control doesn't make women "sluts". It makes them normal.Only idiots would think it makes women sluts. What it does make women are a grand part of the entitlement culture.

When will men be reimbursed for their condom purchases? Condoms ain't cheap you know, especially for a busy guy like bigmack...

maddog42
11-07-2012, 01:23 PM
no, wanting someone else to provide for your insurance (and remember no one person pays for your entire insurance when in pools), even when it goes against their belief, is NOT normal. then again, maybe in this society of "I am entitled" maybe it is normal to expect that!

I could give you facts, graphs and sworn affidavits that most women want this. Whether it is fair or not is another matter. I happen to think it is fair.

elysiantraveller
11-07-2012, 01:24 PM

I don't agree with Tom's tone, but the idea that people would rather ignore the fact that we are $17T in debt and need to take a machete to funding so that they can get fifty cents a day worth of birth control for free tells me that the Republicans better move straight to big government liberalism if they actually want votes.

For the Republican Party? Yes. Ask yourself what other option do they have?

Look at Ron Paul's movement and how successful they were with young voters. The young fiscally conservative people in this country simply aren't going to vote for a 1950's social agenda. PA talks about how the tea party is constitutionalist fiscal conservatives but then they roll out old white men who want to tell you what to do with a rape baby...

The path toward the future for the GOP is young fiscal conservatives who don't give a damn what people do in their personal lives.

badcompany
11-07-2012, 01:25 PM

Who connected better with young voters, Romney or Ron Paul?

Conservatives are just as delusional as Liberals with regard to spending, as the former believes they're somehow going to get massive cuts to the welfare state without corresponding cuts to the military. It's not gonna happen, and Rush, Hannity, Levin etc. need to recognize this.

Ron Paul was the only candidate who was consistant on this issue: limited government, period.

newtothegame
11-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I could give you facts, graphs and sworn affidavits that most women want this. Whether it is fair or not is another matter. I happen to think it is fair.
So, let me ask you this mad...if women want it, and its right for them to want it, isnt it just as right for me to not to have to pay for it???
What would supercede my right to not pay for another womans abortion?????

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2012, 01:27 PM

Look at Ron Paul's movement and how successful they were with young voters. The young fiscally conservative people in this country simply aren't going to vote for a 1950's social agenda.

The path toward the future for the GOP is young fiscal conservatives who don't give a damn what people do in their personal lives.So you believe our current course isn't going to lead to some catastrophic economic events that will automatically lead to an ushering in of Republicans come whatever election happens to follow said events?

Unless Obama changes course radically, I don't see any other outcome. Republicans wouldn't have to change a thing...

lsbets
11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
So you believe our current course isn't going to lead to some catastrophic economic events that will automatically lead to an ushering in of Republicans come whatever election happens to follow said events?

Unless Obama changes course radically, I don't see any other outcome. Republicans wouldn't have to change a thing...

And what would Republicans offer to change the current course of the entitlement state?

Nothing. People would be voting for someone else, not for a different plan.

TJDave
11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Only idiots would think it makes women sluts. What it does make women are a grand part of the entitlement culture.

When will men be reimbursed for their condom purchases? Condoms ain't cheap you know, especially for a busy guy like bigmack...

Condoms?

Who wants to use condoms?

The idea is to provide women with birth control so we don't need to use condoms. It should be a law.

I don't wanna hear any more talk about condoms, OK?

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2012, 01:36 PM

Look at Ron Paul's movement and how successful they were with young voters. The young fiscally conservative people in this country simply aren't going to vote for a 1950's social agenda.

The path toward the future for the GOP is young fiscal conservatives who don't give a damn what people do in their personal lives.

This was basically my whole argument during the primary for Paul. Everyone said he wasn't even a Republican and had no business being there. He couldn't get anything done, was a flake on foreign policy, and everything else.

I'm basically more of a libertarian than anything else. You know that, but even I don't really endorse it because I just don't think that it works as a governing style in contemporary society and it won't work if it is dissected to only use certain values to attract particular demographics.

Yes, saying "Decriminalize Drugs!" will get votes, but then you can't also tell those same people to stop whining about paying back the student loans they signed on the dotted line for. People want the conveniences of libertarianism, but can't handle the inconveniences anymore. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see real libertarianism, but I doubt that I will, and I hate to see it bastardized with some pseudo-libertarianism that is just simple pandering on key demographic issues that are hard to square with long-held Republican tenets.

I'm with many others here - the key demographics of the country is the growing number that want everything to be easy, no risk, no failure, no real responsibility - just a baseline existence.

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Who connected better with young voters, Romney or Ron Paul?

Conservatives are just as delusional as Liberals with regard to spending, as the former believes they're somehow going to get massive cuts to the welfare state without corresponding cuts to the military. It's not gonna happen, and Rush, Hannity, Levin etc. need to recognize this.

Ron Paul was the only candidate who was consistant on this issue: limited government, period.

I probably should have read this before replying to Elysian because I could have incorporated this into the other post too. But yeah, I agree, and always did. I think I made a case for him as the most electable in the primaries here and got completely dismantled for it. May have been somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure I touched it here.

Tom
11-07-2012, 01:39 PM
C-O-R-R-E-C-T

Wrong.
mostie part II?

My vision of the republican party was nothing more than a vehicle for conservatism - Tea Party fundamentals.

Contraception has no place in politics. Ergo, women who chose it over real issues are HOs in my book. Some else pays for their sex. That's a Ho.
If your need for nookie is greater than the need for a fiscally sound nations, you are a slut. If I offend anyone, good. You deserve to be offended.

Tom
11-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
... that Solyndra is just one company in an industry that will revolutionize how we obtain our energy;...

When.
We know coal and oil are here now, ready for us to use.
When will this crap be ready for mass use?
When will this crap make us energy independent.
Dates, please - no more someday.

maddog42
11-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Only idiots would think it makes women sluts. What it does make women are a grand part of the entitlement culture.

Unlike a lot of Dems I want Food Stamps and other entitlements cut by at least 20%. We are all going to need to make sacrifices to cut the deficit.
Birth control is one entitlement that is very, very cost effective. A 10 cent Birth control pill or a 50 cent condom can save society about $1 million down the road.

elysiantraveller
11-07-2012, 02:05 PM
So you believe our current course isn't going to lead to some catastrophic economic events that will automatically lead to an ushering in of Republicans come whatever election happens to follow said events?

Like what exactly? A Greek situation where austerity is on the table? What better scenario is there for a libertarian resurgence?

jognlope
11-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Isbets, your kids can go to college and afford it thanks to O.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Isbets, your kids can go to college and afford it thanks to O.Pardon me for saying, but the way you speak about O. is a little disconcerting. Not all that unlike how citizens speak of "Dear Leader" over in North Korea...

Maybe Lsbets has been a responsible parent (no maybes about it actually) and is setting aside money for his kids to go to college. Perhaps they will choose a good, affordable school where they won't have to go deep into debt to pay for their education...ever think of that?

lsbets
11-07-2012, 02:17 PM

Really? Tell me how. Can't wait to hear this one.

When my kids go to college, it will be thanks to me working my ass off and saving, them working their asses off and getting great grades, and my paying tuition much higher than today thanks to our higher education policies.

elysiantraveller
11-07-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm with many others here - the key demographics of the country is the growing number that want everything to be easy, no risk, no failure, no real responsibility - just a baseline existence.

They will change when they have to... and to bring this full circle the GOP now HAS to change.

As far as being a libertarian or pseudo-libertarian I think we are just playing a label game. I would happily consider myself a libertarian but I still believe, to an extent, the need for a welfare state, I also disagee with basically everyone on here (Ron Paul included) on foreign policy.

It's all in the good you sell and in the next cycle I would expect to see a very formidable libertarian undercurrent in the GOP.

The Tea Party could have been that undercurrent before being completely gobbled up what we know now to be defunct and useless voting blocks like evangelicals, social-conservatives, ect.

People won't line up now to do that whole pissfest a second time.

Striker
11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
it will be thanks to me working my ass off and saving
I wish my parents thought and acted like you did. I did what Romney told me to do and asked them for funds for college and they laughed.

lsbets
11-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Pardon me for saying, but the way you speak about O. is a little disconcerting. Not all that unlike how citizens speak of "Dear Leader" over in North Korea...

Maybe Lsbets has been a responsible parent (no maybes about it actually) and is setting aside money for his kids to go to college. Perhaps they will choose a good, affordable school where they won't have to go deep into debt to pay for their education...ever think of that?

In case you're wondering (not that you said you were, lol), here is the deal with my kids and college. I have enough money set aside for them to pay tuition, room, and board at a 4 year private university (yes, factoring in inflation). The only one not fully funded is the 15 month old. She'll be taken care of by the time she is 4. The money is not in their names, and is not in any kind of 529 plan. If they get scholarships (like I did), or if the total bill is less than what I have set aside, than they get that money the day they graduate to help them get a jump start. If they don't graduate, I keep the money.

elysiantraveller
11-07-2012, 02:25 PM
In case you're wondering (not that you said you were, lol), here is the deal with my kids and college. I have enough money set aside for them to pay tuition, room, and board at a 4 year private university (yes, factoring in inflation). The only one not fully funded is the 15 month old. She'll be taken care of by the time she is 4. The money is not in their names, and is not in any kind of 529 plan. If they get scholarships (like I did), or if the total bill is less than what I have set aside, than they get that money the day they graduate to help them get a jump start. If they don't graduate, I keep the money.

Pretty awesome head start for your kids... Kudos.

lsbets
11-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I wish my parents thought and acted like you did. I did what Romney told me to do and asked them for funds for college and they laughed.

You realize election day was yesterday, right?

lsbets
11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Pretty awesome head start for your kids... Kudos.

Can't take credit for the idea, its what my Dad did for me.

lamboguy
11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
what kills me is that we just got done with a campaign. one guy was selling affordable college education to fix the economy, the other guy was selling tax cuts for business to create jobs.

what does affordable college mean? it means that it cost your kids $50,000 a year to go to the school, and after he is done with the school he owes about $250,000 that he has to pay back at around 8% interest for the rest of his life. the chances are that he can't get a job that can come close to paying what he owes back, so he is jammed in the rest of his life.

the other part of the equation is the myth that giving the business tax relief will create jobs. the create jobs part is right, but it will be overseas someplace.

this economy is so far gone, its beyond repair even if you charge people 75% taxes the government can't pay back the guys holding the paper. they need a fresh start or luck out with a brand new industry like President Clinton did. i know its hard to get lucky the second time!

Striker
11-07-2012, 02:45 PM
You realize election day was yesterday, right?
The main point of my post was a compliment to you but I've learned my lesson.

lsbets
11-07-2012, 02:47 PM
The main point of my post was a compliment to you but I've learned my lesson.

Then please accept my apologies, it seemed to me like a jab at Romney. Thank you for the compliment.

Striker
11-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Then please accept my apologies, it seemed to me like a jab at Romney. Thank you for the compliment.
It was a very small jab at him but the bigger picture is what you have done for your kids, which I hope they will come to realize how valuable you doing that for them is. Take it from me where I am going on my 12th year of paying off loans for a bachelors and have 5 more years to go. My parents saved zero and they did have a chance to put away an inheritance that they received but they chose not to.

railbird
11-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Lets wait and see about that.

badcompany
11-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Oh, yeah, I never congratulated the Leftists on the board on their victory in the drive towards European-style Socialism, and all of its blessings:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/oct/31/eurozone-unemployment-record-high-eurostat

Eurozone unemployment hits new high

More than one in four people out of work in Greece and Spain as jobless rate rises to 11.6%, according to Eurostat data.

Unemployment in the eurozone has risen to a new record, with more than one in four out of work in Spain and Greece.

dartman51
11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
I fully expect unemployment to be pushing 9% by spring. Way to go Amerika. You've gone from the land of the free, to the land of the FREEBIES. Bill Maher had it right when he said Americans were stupid. :ThmbUp: