PDA

View Full Version : How's the election look near you?

lsbets
11-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I live outside the city limits, and my polling place is at a small church in the country. In 10 years I've never had to wait. I was shocked when I pulled up. Couldn't find a parking spot and it looks like an hour wait. 4 years ago I was in and out in 5 minutes. I bet I'm the only Johnson voter here.

How does turnout look near everyone else?

ArlJim78
11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
It was heavier than I've ever seen it at my polling place. still was in and out in 15 minutes.

wisconsin
11-06-2012, 09:33 AM
I voted early last Friday. Usually, I would vote around 7:30 election day, and today, there were twice the normal amount of cars around city hall on a presidential voting day. Cars overlowing everywhere already.

Tom
11-06-2012, 09:33 AM
29,000 new registers this year in my small county.

barn32
11-06-2012, 09:49 AM
I've voted twice already, and it wasn't a problem either time. In and out in 20 minutes.

Tom
11-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Did maddog give you a ride to the polls? :lol:

boxcar
11-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Did maddog give you a ride to the polls? :lol:

Not only that, but it appears he missed Mostie's lecture at how hard it is to cheat at the polling place. :eek:

Boxcar

Shelby
11-06-2012, 10:39 AM
We got there around 8:30 this morning and it was the longest line I've ever seen. Not much to vote on so we were in and out quickly. Very high-tech --first time I've seen them use computers and they scanned our drivers licenses, too.

so.cal.fan
11-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Our polls here in Sierra Madre, Ca. opened at 7:00 am. pst
I got there at 7:30 am and it was a bit heavier than usual, however we have a very contentious local issue going on, so it was hard to gage.

Track Collector
11-06-2012, 11:12 AM
I've voted twice already, and it wasn't a problem either time. In and out in 20 minutes.

Thanks for voting Romney on your return visit. :p

The polls here in Western MD during the mid-morning were full, but not much wait. I was told that turnout was very heavy with long lines when the polls first opened. They expect a very busy evening as well.

cj's dad
11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
At 7:30 I passed the local elementary school near the site where I am working. The parking lot was full and there was a line of cars waiting to get on the lot.

A neighbor near my site said that in 40 years she had never seen anything like it.

Mike at A+
11-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Here in Pennsylvania (just west of Allentown), my wife waited 70 minutes at about 7:30 AM. I went after the pre-work rush at about 10:00 AM and was in and out in about 20 minutes. Much heavier turnout than usual. My district is probably about 65% Republican. Didn't see any Black Panthers outside although I was hoping they'd be there so I could tell them to leave peacefully or risk leaving in a somewhat different manner. The crowd was very white compared to 4 years ago.

Ocala Mike
11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I voted weeks ago by mail, but I drove by my polling place (a Baptist church) about an hour ago, and all seemed normal. No Black Panthers or True the Voters in evidence, but plenty of horse farm types. I do know that the Florida ballot is quite complicated this year, with many amendments to vote on, so maybe it won't be "in and out in 15 minutes" for those voting live.

FantasticDan
11-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Didn't see any Black Panthers outside although I was hoping they'd be there so I could tell them to leave peacefully or risk leaving in a somewhat different manner.There were three Black Panthers at my polling place, but a bus full of old ladies from a retirement home pelted them with bingo chips and they scurried away :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Mike at A+
11-06-2012, 12:19 PM
There were three Black Panthers at my polling place, but a bus full of old ladies from a retirement home pelted them with bingo chips and they scurried away :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
The old ladies out here pack heat. With Cabela's about 15 minutes away, concealed carry permits are almost as popular as cell phones.

lamboguy
11-06-2012, 01:26 PM
i ran to the school where i voted at. the parking lots were packed. there were plenty of signs for the senator's. i had a Scott Brown t-shirt on and a guy came up to me that was working the polls for him and offered me a cup of coffee. i told him i only drink black tea. 15 minutes later he brought me a tea, i waited about an hour and a half outside, the last 20 minutes i was inside and voted and went to the gym.

tbwinner
11-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Took me a little over 30 minutes around 9:30 CST this morning. Line was moving relatively quickly and was about 20-30 people deep. Town 20 miles north of Des Moines, IA.

ElKabong
11-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Saw voter fraud from a different angle this morning....possible rigging votes by a volunteer....details below

I walk up and hand my reg card and DL to the lady at the table...she checks the roll, finds me and hands my ballot to me

I go to the booth (we have marker ballots) and notice after a few moments my state House candidates aren't on there....just an unopposed Dem that I'd never heard of

I complete the ballot, walk back to the Vol and ask 'are you sure i have the correct ballot?' I named off the 2 names that s/b on my ballot for the state House race

Vol says yes, it's the correct ballot, many districts have been redrawn- she quickly goes back to what she's doing

I submit my ballot, notice the electronic# that registered after my ballot entered

In the parking lot, there's a sign of the opponent that i wanted to vote AGAINST, it matched my Reg card's "LEG" district#

I go home, verify info, know for certain now that the ballot I submitted was from a diff precinct

I go back to the polling place, present my case...that same Vol says "no, you got the right ballot"....I won't go away...so she looks at the roll and says "oh, i made a mistake. I gave you (the wrong ballot, precinct # was off by one).

I was taken to I guess was a poll judge, who was extremely busy, even tho there had been fewer than 200 votes into the machine by 10:30am.....she makes calls, goes off to a corner for 5 - 10 minutes. I tell her what the registered vote # my ballot was (i wrote it down when i got to the car after that first vote).....

another Vol comes up and hands me another ballot when the judge hangs up her cell.....I ask, 'can you negate my ballot (# given to her)'. She shrugs her shoulder as if to say who cares

I submit another full ballot, now knowing it likely will negate my first vote....i'm pissed a bit

I call the Dallas County Repub ofc, say what happened, voiced my concern that people in my precinct are being given incorrect ballots, and there's a hotly contested State House seat the Dems want back badly. I'm asked to give my account of the activity, and name (done)...also was told under no circumstance should I have been given a 2nd ballot, the guy on the line was clearly pissed off

Here's the problem.....the local Dems here are desperate to have the state House seat in my area....the Vol clearly tried to defend her position, which would have eliminated a chance to vote. Now, instead of being able to vote for the Tea Party candidate, my vote will likely be negated. Poorly handled by the Vols and their supv

Lot of problems here
1-the Vol gave me an incorrect ballot (by mistake, i'm not convinced)
2-many voters wouldn't know they had an incorrect ballot, many retirees in my area
3-giving a 2nd ballot w/o caring about the original ballot cast
4-the whole ordeal was unprofessional as hell

ElKabong
11-06-2012, 02:12 PM
I live outside the city limits, and my polling place is at a small church in the country. In 10 years I've never had to wait. I was shocked when I pulled up. Couldn't find a parking spot and it looks like an hour wait. 4 years ago I was in and out in 5 minutes. I bet I'm the only Johnson voter here.

How does turnout look near everyone else?

No wait for me @ 10:15am......I live in a 150,000'ish population burb in Dallas County.....i bet after work it's busy as hell tho

FWIW, the early voting at my polling place was packed...Fri @ 6pm you had to park almost a mile away...I decided to vote today instead

Tom
11-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Republican observers had to go to court today to gain access to some Philly polls. Panthers welcome, repubs not.

I imagine mostie and maddog are on this already.

bigmack
11-06-2012, 02:30 PM
They wouldn't let some guy vote as he had a MIT (MassInstituteofTech) T-shirt on but PAY NO ATTENTION to the mural on the wall.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/PhillypollworkerspartiallycoverObamamuralaftercour torderleavinglogoandquoteinview-FoxNews.png

Tom
11-06-2012, 02:39 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/06/judge-issuing-order-to-reinstate-booted-philadelphia-election-officials/

johnhannibalsmith
11-06-2012, 03:22 PM
They wouldn't let some guy vote as he had a MIT (MassInstituteofTech) T-shirt on ...

I had to remove my Band-Aid.

NJ Stinks
11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Got through in 5 minutes at around 11:00am. Volunteer told me there was a long line at 6:00am and it was really busy until around 9:30am. Total vote count was quite impressive, she said.

No ID needed - just my signature was required to compare with my signature on record.

Capper Al
11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
If the picture isn't made up then I agree it is wrong to have anything political within 300 yards of the voting polls. But it could be made up.

They wouldn't let some guy vote as he had a MIT (MassInstituteofTech) T-shirt on but PAY NO ATTENTION to the mural on the wall.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/PhillypollworkerspartiallycoverObamamuralaftercour torderleavinglogoandquoteinview-FoxNews.png

bigmack
11-06-2012, 06:41 PM
But it could be made up.
But it ain't. And this ain't.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/hat.png

Overlay
11-06-2012, 07:19 PM
I was right in and out at the Baptist church in Capshaw, Alabama near my house after I got off work. It took me longer to wade through all the proposed amendments to the state constitution than it did to park and get in, get my ballot, and get out after I had voted. The great majority of partisan races were unopposed Republicans, since Alabama is about the reddest state around. The poll workers estimated turnout at about 75%. Absolutely no mystery as to whose column the state's electoral votes will wind up in.

TiznowfaninNY
11-06-2012, 08:23 PM
In and out in under a half hour.

Looked more packed than usual.

Hoping that a high turnout works for Romney.

bks
11-06-2012, 08:31 PM
From twitter:

Ari Fleischer @AriFleischer
OH exits show voters are +7D. Was +8D in 08 and R+5 in 04. Again, hard to believe.

If true, that's a wrap, folks. Obama wins Ohio with that spread.

Greybase
11-06-2012, 08:35 PM
If true, that's a wrap, folks. Obama wins Ohio with that spread.
Yeah did you catch this on CNN, about 2 hours ago??

CNN Exclusive: @PeterHambyCNN reports Romney campaign's internal polling in Ohio shows Obama up 5 points in crucial swing state.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cnn-romneys-final-internal-ohio-poll-2012-11

Shelby
11-06-2012, 09:26 PM
If the picture isn't made up then I agree it is wrong to have anything political within 300 yards of the voting polls. But it could be made up.

It's not made up, and it's a disgrace.

Neither party should be allowed any "advertising".

Sigh.