JustRalph
11-05-2012, 07:27 PM
What happens to the dow jones avg

If Romney wins

If Obama wins

Make your prediction

elysiantraveller
11-05-2012, 07:45 PM
No real movement until our new fiscal policy going forward is passed into law... with either candidate.

Valuist
11-05-2012, 07:58 PM
What happens to the dow jones avg

If Romney wins

If Obama wins

Make your prediction

Are we talking about Tuesday? End of 2012? End of 2016?

Tape Reader
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Either way: Down!

lamboguy
11-05-2012, 09:12 PM
at the end of 2016 the dow will be over 20k with either one

Tape Reader
11-05-2012, 09:17 PM
at the end of 2016 the dow will be over 20k with either one

And gold?

lamboguy
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
And gold?if Obama is re-elected $5000, Romney $8000

Tape Reader
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
IMO, the coming stock market collapse will bring gold to a new low, caused by margin selling selling of stocks.

The ensuing rally in gold will bring it to a new high.

sammy the sage
11-05-2012, 09:48 PM
IMO, the coming stock market collapse will bring gold to a new low, caused by margin selling selling of stocks.

The ensuing rally in gold will bring it to a new high.

Under normal conditions YOU would be right...but since middle 2007 onward...FED has been given FREE reign to keep EXACTLY that from happening...

Hence the 40 Billion per month un-ending PRE-strike of electronic money outta thin air then announced by the big cheese Bernanke...last month :faint:

BlueShoe
11-07-2012, 11:06 AM
As of 8:00 AM PST the Dow went right through the 13,000 support level and is down nearly 300. The market does not like the election results.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2012, 11:10 AM
This is an interesting first day-after move thus far....nice volume too...

Still nothing though in terms of significance...will see if it has legs...

I mean, think about it...has the market been moving UP all this time because it thought Romney was going to WIN? No...

So why would it move DOWN with an Obama victory? Something tells me this is either the start of the end of the world, or a head fake...

RaceBookJoe
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Its been a pretty controlled sell so far. Maybe its selling to take taxes this year instead of at a higher rate next year?

HUSKER55
11-07-2012, 12:31 PM
do any of you guys think people are going to take their money and get out before the fall?

People are putting a lot of faith in a man who has done nothing. first solyndra and then LG batteries. the fiasco with gm and "cash for clunkers"

Ocala Mike
11-07-2012, 10:10 PM
The market does not like the election results.

It was all about Europe; watch for a big bounce on Thursday.

BlueShoe
11-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Some bounce, Dow down another 121 today.

Mike at A+
11-08-2012, 09:35 PM
The 0bama "rally". I feel like a genius today. Sold stock mutuals at Monday's close, bought bond and gold mutuals. Would have lost $20K had I done nothing. Only lost $2K and will be ready to jump back in when the time is right. Was tempted to get back in today but I sense some more pain coming in equities. On another topic I find it ironic that NYC and Staten Island in particular are getting the shaft from FEMA and 0bama with looting and people roaming the streets looking for gasoline, food and shelter. One would think that 0 would take care or this very blue state. But I guess he knows that two years from now when midterms are held, all will be forgiven and the mindless robots will vote in their usual knee jerk fashion. I just love making money on other people's stupidity.

Mike at A+
11-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Wooohooo, the 0bama rally continues. Dow futures were up about 40 when I turned off the TV last night and I was confident that they'd be down by morning. They are down by about 60 points. Gold is up again as expected. Those evil rich people are waiting for the bottom as people lose their life savings and sell out of desperation. I sold Monday BEFORE the racist asshole was re-elected. Boehner speaks at 11:00 today and will reconfirm the words Mitch McConnell spoke yesterday. No tax increases. Then 0bama speaks at 1:00 and will play his usual whining game and demonize the rich who are laughing their asses off at this incompetent fool who is helping them to get richer. And of course it is the middle class that gets screwed again. 0bama's base of the unemployable underclasses will get their crumbs and their 0bamaphones but eventually they will starve until we get a more business friendly administration that will create jobs and expect them to get out of bed in the morning and go to work. And how ironic it is that it is the blue states suffering most. THAT'S JUSTICE!