PDA

View Full Version : Shocking: Newsday Endorses Mitt Romney

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2012, 11:58 AM
This paper has been as anti-Bush/pro-Obama over the years as any in the NY Metro area...so I was pretty damn stunned to see them endorse Mitt Romney when I was on their website hunting for stories on the gas shortage currently affecting my area...

http://www.newsday.com/opinion/editorial-elect-mitt-romney-president-of-the-united-states-1.4182689

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Although he was elected in a time of economic turmoil, Ronald Reagan's greatest achievement wasn't his tax plan or his economic theories. His success came from emotional leadership, the ability to bring us together and reignite our confidence in the virtues and future of the nation. This is what FDR did. It is this that Barack Obama has failed to do.

Elected with a significant mandate and his party briefly in control of both houses of the Congress, Obama squandered the support of the nation.

Newsday endorses Romney. They took care to point out Romney's flaws (according to them, there seem to be many...lol) while endorsing him...I can only imagine how many noses must have been held in the editorial department of Newsday when this decision was made...to see Newsday endorse Romney gives me a lot of hope that Romney has a much better chance of winning than some are predicting.

ElKabong
11-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm hoping for a win...to me it's a 50/50 deal for ousting the current regime. Really Good to see a Newsday endorse Mitt, tho.

HUSKER55
11-04-2012, 12:20 PM
ya now guys, nobody in DC impressess me. I would be content to have all encumbents ousted and start over.

any chance the newspapers are starting to see the same thing?

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Oh, and if any wise ass posts "Shocking: PaceAdvantage's first post after the Breeders' Cup was in off-topic" I'm gonna hunt you down...lol...I had an interesting day yesterday which included waiting on an almost mile-long line to fill up my gas tank...so I missed a lot of the races and plan to spend my day today watching the BC on my DVR...this whole Sandy thing threw my week for a loop...and I have EIGHT pages of THREADS to catch up on from this site as well...and I should probably mow my backyard...lol

thaskalos
11-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh, and if any wise ass posts "Shocking: PaceAdvantage's first post after the Breeders' Cup was in off-topic" I'm gonna hunt you down...lol...I had an interesting day yesterday which included waiting on an almost mile-long line to fill up my gas tank...so I missed a lot of the races and plan to spend my day today watching the BC on my DVR...this whole Sandy thing threw my week for a loop...and I have EIGHT pages of THREADS to catch up on from this site as well...and I should probably mow my backyard...lol

If I were you...I'd forget about the eight pages of threads and just mow the lawn.

The REAL conversation here begins on Wednesday...:)

FantasticDan
11-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Reminds me of PA's Halloween 2008 thread of a Zogby poll declaring McCain in the lead.. :jump: :cool:

TJDave
11-04-2012, 01:11 PM
The REAL conversation here begins on Wednesday...:)

In my book "Smackdown & YoMama" ain't conversation.

However, if DoubleSix had an epiphany...

Rookies
11-04-2012, 01:46 PM
A Murdoch paper endorsing Romney:

Positively Revolutionary!:lol:

lamboguy
11-04-2012, 02:00 PM
there is nothing shocking if Romney wins. he is running the best campaign i have ever seen. he is running against 3 guys in this election, the current president and 2 former presidents, Clinton and Bush and he hasn't lost much ground. this type of a lead can easily be made up in the next 2 days.

ArlJim78
11-04-2012, 02:04 PM
more than eleven papers have switched from Obama to Romney (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/11/04/11-papers-switch-to-Romney-1-to-Obama)

According to the University of California, Santa Barbara American Presidency Project study (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/2012_newspaper_endorsements.php) of the top 100 newspaper editorial endorsements, Mitt Romney has seen a vast wave of switches from 2008 Obama endorsers. Obama, meanwhile, has seen only one newspaper that endorsed John McCain come around to endorse him. At the same time, many newspapers have also switched from Obama to “no endorsement.”
Here are the stats. As of today, 11 newspapers that endorsed Obama in 2008 have now endorsed Mitt Romney:

The New York Daily News;
Long Island Newsday;
Houston Chronicle;
Fort Worth Star-Telegram;
Orlando Sentinel;
Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel;
Nashville Tennessean;
Des Moines Register;
Illinois Daily Herald;
Los Angeles Daily News;
Los Angeles Press-Telegram.

dartman51
11-04-2012, 02:25 PM
more than eleven papers have switched from Obama to Romney (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/11/04/11-papers-switch-to-Romney-1-to-Obama)

According to the University of California, Santa Barbara American Presidency Project study (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/2012_newspaper_endorsements.php) of the top 100 newspaper editorial endorsements, Mitt Romney has seen a vast wave of switches from 2008 Obama endorsers. Obama, meanwhile, has seen only one newspaper that endorsed John McCain come around to endorse him. At the same time, many newspapers have also switched from Obama to “no endorsement.”
Here are the stats. As of today, 11 newspapers that endorsed Obama in 2008 have now endorsed Mitt Romney:

The New York Daily News;
Long Island Newsday;
Houston Chronicle;
Fort Worth Star-Telegram;
Orlando Sentinel;
Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel;
Nashville Tennessean;
Des Moines Register;
Illinois Daily Herald;
Los Angeles Daily News;
Los Angeles Press-Telegram.

DAMN!!!! Murdoch must own more newspapers than I thought he did. :rolleyes:

boxcar
11-04-2012, 03:14 PM
With all those newspapers in his pocket, Murdoch should be a mortal lock if he were ever to run for president. Then we could really talk about state-run newspapers... :D

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2012, 07:16 PM
A Murdoch paper endorsing Romney:

Positively Revolutionary!:lol:Guess again. Murdoch doesn't own Newsday...but your knee jerk reaction was not unexpected. He attempted to buy it, but the paper was instead bought by Cablevision...

Nice try, but try again...

ElKabong
11-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Guess again. Murdoch doesn't own Newsday...but your knee jerk reaction was not unexpected. He attempted to buy it, but the paper was instead bought by Cablevision...

Nice try, but try again...

I guess the Moose Jaw Morning News erred on the murdoch sale......

Saw a list of pubs that switched from Obama '08, to Romney '12.....quite a list

boxcar
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Saw a list of pubs that switched from Obama '08, to Romney '12.....quite a list

It will be that way on Tuesday with the voters, too.

Boxcar