View Full Version : Two picks for TUP Sunday

fmhealth
11-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Race #8--- 4 horse

Race #9--- 2 horse

johnhannibalsmith
11-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Hittin' those canucks hard! :D

Good luck... :ThmbUp: I'd be careful in the last race with too much money on any one horse. The rail horse is liable to end up dragging half the field to the middle of the track if she's on the lead and under pressure in the turn. She's been good so far this year, but she hasn't been pressured from the outside in the corner in the junk fields she's been dominating. That looks likely to change tomorrow for the new barn and a big jump up.

fmhealth
11-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Point well taken. Henson has the four in the 8th Sunday. So I'll keep betting him until his run is over. As we all know, they all end at some point.

A few more HST shippers set to go Monday. No Henson horses but Hamel/M. Anderson have done well in the past.

Also, Morales sticks around for the 9th Monday. So you might want to take a look at him. He's another HST shipper.

Be Well,
fmhealth

johnhannibalsmith
11-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Point well taken. Henson has the four in the 8th Sunday. So I'll keep betting him until his run is over. As we all know, they all end at some point.

A few more HST shippers set to go Monday. No Henson horses but Hamel/M. Anderson have done well in the past.

Also, Morales sticks around for the 9th Monday. So you might want to take a look at him. He's another HST shipper.

Be Well,
fmhealth

Oooh, poor Adolfo has to sit from the third to the last... that's a rough spread... :D

I really like that old horse in the fourth of Anderson's, and he's in with another Canadian that I spent most of the 2011-12 meet chasing around after watching his big races the previous meet- Bear Famous Trip. Thought he ran huge the first time he ran at the meet at a big price, bet him the next time and missed. He ends up in with a couple of toughies next time, so I passed and he naturally won at around 10-1 or something... then just kept trying to make up for the missed opportunity in vain. Seems like he's maintaining his form and seems to like the turf here... 8-1... maybe an all-Canada exacta?

johnhannibalsmith
11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
...Race #9--- 2 horse

I hope you made out. Stevens took himself off of the one because of her reputation for getting out, then everyone was saying that the two gets out also, and low and behold the inside four gunned to the turn while everyone else tried to stay out of the way... and the two only spread a little and Red actually stayed in great... :lol:

Everyone was expecting some kind of horror show and all I could think about at the quarter pole was that I knew someone that was going to have a winner. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

fmhealth
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks for your kind thoughts Mr. Smith. No, I didn't have a dollar on him. Sunday I reserve for the library & working on my option trades for the week. I like a few Monday & Tuesday that I'll be posting. If, & that's a BIG IF, Mike Anderson gets untracked & Barbara Heads has her horses ready. The next two days could prove to be profitable.

Be Well,
fmhealth

lamboguy
11-04-2012, 10:16 PM
real great pick in the 9th.

fmhealth
11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Thank you Lambo. The HST shipper angle has proven to be very lucrative so far in the TUP meet. A few more going Monday & Tuesday. Another poster pointed this out a few weeks ago. I just hopped on board.

As we all know these trends last until they don't. Just like the stock mkt, I like to play positive momentum. BTW, if you're in the Mkt, keep an eye on GILD. IF they get their Hep-C drug approved in the next 3-6 months. A 20% pop would not be a surprise. If rejected, expect a 10% sell off. Reasonable risk to reward ratio, for those so inclined.

Be Well,
fmhealth

johnhannibalsmith
11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
...Also, Morales sticks around for the 9th Monday...

I have a feeling that won't be the case today after his mini-wreck in the gate, which may be a good thing for your pick. :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
11-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I have a feeling that won't be the case today after his mini-wreck in the gate, which may be a good thing for your pick. :ThmbUp:

Jake Barton.