PDA

View Full Version : From Sir with love ...

BillW
01-27-2004, 12:28 AM
The latest from Sir Bill Gates for your computing pleasure:

http://news.com.com/2100-7349_3-5147605.html?tag=cd_lede

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@mm.html

Make sure your virus scanners are updated!

Bill

JustRalph
01-27-2004, 04:01 AM
Bill.........Mr. Gates is just making sure guys like me get a bunch of side work........... I gotta eat you know.........

Note: Symantec Consumer products that support Worm Blocking functionality automatically detect this threat as it attempts to spread.

The above note is an important point in this. If you have a router, go in and block those ports for a few days....if you are really worried. .........

But alas........ I admit......it sucks............

BillW
01-27-2004, 04:15 AM
Ralph,

Thanks for filling in. I haven't investigated the details as it doesn't affect me (other than slowing down my little piece of the internet). I'm not sure how well these things get advertised outside of the technical media, so I thought I'd put up an alert here for those here that are vulnerable.

Bill

JustRalph
01-27-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by BillW
Ralph,

Thanks for filling in. I haven't investigated the details as it doesn't affect me (other than slowing down my little piece of the internet). I'm not sure how well these things get advertised outside of the technical media, so I thought I'd put up an alert here for those here that are vulnerable.

Bill

You got it covered brother! that part about slowing down our little piece of the net is very valid. Remember the days when the activity light on your cable or dsl modem didn't blink constantly?

PaceAdvantage
01-27-2004, 04:59 PM
I remember those days....why have things changed so much in such a short period of time (relatively speaking)

BillW
01-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
I remember those days....why have things changed so much in such a short period of time (relatively speaking)

It explains why I am so much more tolerant of the DRF's quality than most ... I contrast it to the huge lack of quality that exists in the computer/internet world.

BTW
What is this cable/dsl modem you speak of?

from the deep dark backwoods (watch out for the gators :D),

Bill

Tom
01-27-2004, 07:17 PM
I keep having this this reoccurring nightmare.
Frank Stronach and Bill Gates both in front of me, I have a gun, but only one bullet.
And I can't get them to stand in line, one behind the other.
What to do?
What to do?

:mad:

shots
01-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I keep having this this reoccurring nightmare.
Frank Stronach and Bill Gates both in front of me, I have a gun, but only one bullet.
And I can't get them to stand in line, one behind the other.
What to do?
What to do?

:mad:

Depends on what would you rather live without horseracing or the next Windows up date.

JustRalph
01-27-2004, 08:24 PM
I got six of these in my Yahoo account today....... and three in the wives.........yahoo says their virus scanning software is down.

What a mess....... I caught them all and deleted them.

kenwoodallpromos
01-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Shoot Magna, then beat Gates to death with the gun!!

Tom
01-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
Shoot Magna, then beat Gates to death with the gun!!

Ken,
Remember the old Superman TV sho win the 50's - with George Reeves?
The bad guy would fire the gun at Superman and the bullets would all bounce off his chest. Then he would throw the empty gun at the Man of Steel and he would duck! Ha!

kenwoodallpromos
01-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Yes but in real life for Reeves the gun won!!