PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Romney campaign calling me?

Actor
11-03-2012, 12:28 AM
They're asking for money. Why? They're hardly underfunded. Rove and the Koch brothers are outspending the Dems 10 to 1 so why bother asking a 47%er like me for money?

boxcar
11-03-2012, 12:56 AM
They're asking for money. Why? They're hardly underfunded. Rove and the Koch brothers are outspending the Dems 10 to 1 so why bother asking a 47%er like me for money?

Because your spending info is wrong? :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 01:02 AM

Just taunting you.

"Hey please donate money" (snort, laugh, ROTF) "we need your money" (chuckle, you reach into others pockets and we know it) "we know you will give money to a worthy cause, as Mitt has done his entire adult life" (ha, you're lkike Biden. You wouldn't give a dime to a homeless man - you make the middle class support him)

Actor
11-03-2012, 03:08 AM
Because your spending info is wrong? :lol: :lol:

BoxcarWrong how?

HUSKER55
11-03-2012, 03:15 AM
you need a stiff one. OPM,...spend other peoples money first.

Tom
11-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Because he can't use tax dollar like Obama is doing.
Anything Mitt spend, he has to obtain on his own, no handouts from the tax payers.

johnhannibalsmith
11-03-2012, 10:48 AM
I've really had all I can take of the phone calls. At home at the ranch, I can just ignore the telephone completely and I do. During the day, when I'm babysitting my elderly friend, I have to answer the phone. It's bad enough that my blood pressure goes through the roof because of the three or four daily scam artists that call from various bogus outfits trying to separate her from her money, but now the non-stop morons that call all day long pimping their candidate have me getting maniacal on the telephone. I can't believe that these calls do more good than harm as obnoxious and unrelenting as they are. The next person that tells me how "extreme" so-and-so is better get ready for the long end of the "extreme" reaction.

boxcar
11-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Wrong how?

Right How? Prove your statement. This is your thread, run with it.

Boxcar

Actor
11-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Right How? Prove your statement. This is your thread, run with it.

BoxcarYou're asking me to prove the G.O.P. is not underfunded? That's kind of like asking me to prove the sun rises in the east. :rolleyes:

boxcar
11-03-2012, 04:55 PM
You're asking me to prove the G.O.P. is not underfunded? That's kind of like asking me to prove the sun rises in the east. :rolleyes:

No, I'm asking to prove that the Dems are underfunded and are being outspent 10-1 by Repugs, as you have claimed. Get busy.

Boxcar

fast4522
11-03-2012, 06:35 PM

Maybe it is because they have got your number, more ways than one.

Actor
11-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Maybe it is because they have got your number, more ways than one.Like going through the phone book? :lol:

Actor
11-03-2012, 11:07 PM
No, I'm asking to prove that the Dems are underfunded and are being outspent 10-1 by Repugs, as you have claimed. Get busy.

BoxcarGoogle it. Both parties have spent just under $1 billion each in legally reportable monies. Estimates for PACs are $4 billion, mostly for pro G.O.P. ads.

The 10-1 figure is mathematically within one order magnitude of the actual number. In any event the OP is a question, not a thesis, so the actual figure is not germane.

johnhannibalsmith
11-03-2012, 11:13 PM
...The 10-1 figure is mathematically within one order magnitude of the actual number. In any event the OP is a question, not a thesis, so the actual figure is not germane.

Not that this thread really interests me other than getting to vent about phone calls, but this is one of the stranger justifications I've seen posted here. :D

Actor
11-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Not that this thread really interests me other than getting to vent about phone calls, but this is one of the stranger justifications I've seen posted here. :DJustification for what? All I did was ask a question.

so.cal.fan
11-04-2012, 09:51 AM
You probably live in a "blue" state.
We live in a blue state, California.
My husband is a registered Republican. I am a registered Independent. My husband has had two mailers from OBAMA, asking for $$$$$.
We get canned calls daily from both campaigns asking for $$$$$$.
If they can't use your votes, they can sure use your money, I suppose.