PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup Saturday

Dahoss9698
11-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Juvenile Turf Sprint Preview- Moulin de Mougin's dam was an absolute beast down the hill and Santa Anita and her daughter did her proud in winning her maiden last out. With a little improvement, she should be right there. Snow King defeated 16 others in his lone start at Ascot, in what has proven to be a very productive race. 6 horses have come out of it to win.If you ignore the dirt try, Den's Legacy's form looks pretty good. Route to sprint is a strong angle for Baffert and he should be tough. Mico Margarita was impressive on dirt last time, but his turf race at Saratoga fits here as well.
Selections: 7-3-10-12

Damascus- I think sir Bond was best last time, and I think he's a horse with a big future. While I think he's better longer, the pace should be fair enough in here, and I'm expecting a big effort. That was a legit pace Private Zone set last time. He won't have to run as fast early and if he gets clear early, might be tough to reel in. Expect Politicallycorrect to come running late and should be there at the end. I'm totally against Mike High Magic in here.
Selections: 7-5-3

Juvenile Turf- I think the longer the better for George Vancouver. He's a bit of an in and outer, so I'm hoping he fires one of his better races. I think he's going to be better going longer. Artigiano has been very solid in his last three and rates a big chance in here. Fantastic Moon has shown a strong late rally in his races and expect him to come running late. Noble Tune has done everything right and is our best shot at beating the Euro's in my opinion.
Selections: 3-2-5-9

Filly and Mare Sprint- I want to start out by saying I have a tremendous respect for Groupie Doll. If she has her mind on running, she's awesome. I just am not convinced she's better on dirt than she is on synth. The one race that stands out is the race at Churchill and that is a course that has been kind to turr/synth runners. I will use her a little in the pick 4, but I think Dust and Diamonds might very well be lone speed and she's in very good form. She needs to be ridden like she's the best and no reason why she can't dictate the terms here. I've talked about it previously, but I think Teddy's Promise is interesting underneath. She's run well in the past going turf/synth to dirt, has run well at Santa Anita and should be a lot more fit after the prep.
Selections: 3-1-8-9

Dirt Mile- No strong opinion here. Will try and get through the race with Jersey Town, Emcee and Shackleford. I think it will be a fun race to watch, but am looking elsewhere in betting terms.
Selections: 3-7-6

Turf Sprint- I thought Unbridled's Note ran well enough first time on the lawn, that if he improves just a little, he'll be tough. Starspangledbanner is a fun horse to root for as he's been all over the globe and will be making his 3rd start in 4 weeks and his 2nd start in a week. Not sure what he has left, but he's interesting. Chosen Miracle ran well off the bench last time and should be a lot more fit this time. Great Attack has been reportedly working well and has run well enough in the past to be a factor here.
Selections: 13-14-12-8-10

Juvenile- I think Title Contender will end up being the better of Baffert's two in this race. If he's able to relax he might be able to sit a nice trip right behind the speed. Power Broker was awesome last time and if he runs that race again, he wins. Capo Bastone should get some pace to into, and should be coming late.
Selections: 1-9-7-8

Turf- Shareta is a wonderful filly and was one of many who failed to handle the bog in Longchamp last time. She should be much better this time and will be tough to beat. St Nicholas Abbey is looking to defend his title and has a good shot to. He's in the same boat as Shareta and I expect a big race out of him. Point of Entry has been brilliant this year, but I just don't know if he's good enough to beat the Euro's. He should make his presence felt. Trailblazer had a nice prep last time and has a great shot to be on the board.
Selections: 5-3-1-12

Sprint- I think this might be Jimmy Creed's breakthrough race. If you watch his last, he looked done around the turn, then he was trying to rally inside and I don't know how much he liked that. It almost seemed like he was having a hard time handling the track, and if that's the case he ran really well. I think he gets first run and wins. after that I can make a case for a lot of these. Capital Account always runs his race and expect him to make his presence felt. If Smiling Tiger can somehow find his old form, he can win, I just don't know what he has left in the tank. I've been a fan of Hamazing Destiny for a long time and he should make a run.
Selections: 2-8-10-12

Mile- I've mentioned it already, but Moonlight Cloud is the horse I like the most all weekend. I think she is every bit as good as Excelebration and has been pointed to this by a trainer who knows how to win this race. I expect a big race out of her. Wise Dan has been super and he's such an easy horse to root for. He figures to sit a very good trip and will be tough to rundown. Excelebration has been unfortunate to run into the brilliant Frankel the last two years. He's great, but ran just two weeks ago and I fear he might be over the top. Suggestive Boy was impressive in his first two turf starts here and now the dirt and synth experiments are over, is back where he belongs. He can hit the board here.
Selections: 9-2-8

Classic- I wish I had a stronger opinion here, but I think Game on Dude wins. He's at his favorite track, should have a relatively easy trip and make amends for last year. Almost all of my multi's are going to be singled to him and I might just use Nonios a little. I've like Nonios for months and think he will put in his run and hope he can hit the board. Not sure why Pool Play isn't run on the dirt more, but he has a chance to hit the board, as does Richard's Kid.
Selections: 5-8-1-9

Good luck everyone!