PDA

View Full Version : PA - The Go To Site

Jay Trotter
11-02-2012, 08:23 PM
PaceAdvantage truly is the "go to" site....a brief view at the exact same time today at the number of users on PA and one of its competitors (or not):

PaceAdvantage
What's Going On? Currently Active Users: 903 (210 members and 693 guests)

The Competition
There are currently 5 users browsing this forum. (1 members & 4 guests)

Says something very positive about the site and the members who call PaceAdvantage home. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
11-03-2012, 05:26 AM
It says a ton about BOTS too :lol:

raybo
11-03-2012, 07:22 AM
On a big racing day, it's rather obvious that this site is the place for racing knowledge. Anyone could have gone to a single thread here yesterday and gotten a BC $20 winner, and a $900 superfecta, and a small thread at that.

Exotic1
11-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Accurate analysis on the last race as well:

The Twilight Derby- I have to bet Smart Ellis back. I think he was given a no shot ride last time and was best. It's possible he just loves Del mar, but I also think he had excuses for his other turf races. I'm not sure if he's good enough to beat Grandeur or Speaking of Which, but he should get plenty of pace to run into and I have to find out.

Selections: 4-7-2-3

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2012, 09:47 AM
It says a ton about BOTS too :lol:True that!

Jay Trotter
11-03-2012, 09:55 AM
It says a ton about BOTS too :lol:Please explain BOTS. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Please explain BOTS. :ThmbUp:Search engine indexers (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) that crawl the web indexing every single page in existence, for starters. Or spam bots searching the WWW for email addresses. Many of the IP addresses associated with the "Guest" numbers on here are not based in the United States (many are from China, Russia and Ukraine), which is a pretty good sign they're not folks looking to talk about horse racing.

thaskalos
11-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Search engine indexers (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) that crawl the web indexing every single page in existence, for starters. Or spam bots searching the WWW for email addresses. Many of the IP addresses associated with the "Guest" numbers on here are not based in the United States (many are from China, Russia and Ukraine), which is a pretty good sign they're not folks looking to talk about horse racing.

Many?

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Many?Yes. I have never actually sat and counted in real time, but a rough estimate would be 50-75% of the GUESTs at any given moment are not carbon-based life forms with actual working brain stems.

That percentage would of course decrease on the "big" days such as Derby weekend and BC weekend...

lsosa54
11-03-2012, 10:33 AM
50-75% of the GUESTs at any given moment are not carbon-based life forms with actual working brain stems.

Do we need Fox Mulder & Dana Scully involved or are these mostly terrestrial in origin?

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2012, 10:46 AM
not carbon-based life forms with actual working brain stems.There are probably MANY out there who think the same of the actual members here... :lol:

I opened the door wide open on that one, so it was only right that I took the shot...

traynor
11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
There are probably MANY out there who think the same of the actual members here... :lol:

I opened the door wide open on that one, so it was only right that I took the shot...

Are members logged in (but not necessarily actively "onsite") counted? Some may not realize that unless they log out each time they "leave" they are counted as being present. At many sites, the active members at any point in time are counted from the base of those who have opted to "stay logged in for (some period or forever)" as a starting point, rather than zero.

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Members are dropped from the list after a period of inactivity (120 minutes), no matter whether they remain logged in or not.

raybo
11-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Accurate analysis on the last race as well:

The Twilight Derby- I have to bet Smart Ellis back. I think he was given a no shot ride last time and was best. It's possible he just loves Del mar, but I also think he had excuses for his other turf races. I'm not sure if he's good enough to beat Grandeur or Speaking of Which, but he should get plenty of pace to run into and I have to find out.

Selections: 4-7-2-3

Don't understand, you made this post today but the race ran yesterday?

Here's the thread I was referring to: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98832

Exotic1
11-03-2012, 12:53 PM
You said "Anyone could have gone to a single thread here yesterday and gotten a BC $20 winner, and a $900 superfecta, and a small thread at that".

I added another opportunity in the same thread you referenced today.

raybo
11-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Ok, got confused, yes, if you bet the picks DaHoss posted you would have had the $12 winner and also the boxed exacta and trifecta.

I agree, his analysis was very good!

Tom
11-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Yes. I have never actually sat and counted in real time, but a rough estimate would be 50-75% of the GUESTs at any given moment are not carbon-based life forms with actual working brain stems.

OT, sure, but what about the racing sections?
:D

traynor
11-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Members are dropped from the list after a period of inactivity (120 minutes), no matter whether they remain logged in or not.

Great! Thank you for the clarification.