PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup Friday Races

KidCapper
11-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Race -4 The Juvenile Sprint. Looks pretty chalky to start off the Cup here. I'll tab the :5: on top here for Baffert. Impressive Maiden win in debut going away at 7F. Should love the turnback to 6F today. Brilliant workout on Oct 27th for this. (5-3-7)

Race -5 The Marathon. Wide open event here where we could get the 1st bomb of the day. I' m taking a stab with the :1: here. Racing against better in last two and did not embarrass himself. Proved he can handle this distance in the Belmont last year and has been working well for this. (1-12-2)

Race -6 The Juvenile Fillies Turf Mile. I usually pick the overseas shippers in turf races for this and the :6: sorta fits the bill. Impressive winner last 2 races on US soil for Brown. One on a Yld and 1 on a firm course so track condition shouldn't matter. 3rd time off the layoff for a 26% trainer move. Going good at the right time. (6-3-4)

Race -7 The Juvenile Fillies. The :1: . Impressive winner in 1st start over this surface after solid efforts on the Delmar poly. Speed and the rail with Gomez up on the stretchout for Mandella hitting at 27% with 1st time routers. Catch if catch can. (1-8-2)

Race -8 The Filly and Mare Turf. Another tough turf race here. I've landed on the :8: . Won over a Ylf turf course last out in 1st US start in awhile. Dettori up and he rode this one to a 2nd place finish in this very event last year at Chd. Puts the blinker on today for the win. (8-4-9)

Race -9 The Ladies Classic. Last Cup race for friday is a doozy. I'm sticking with the undefeated number :5: , Awesome Feather. A fast public workout in her 1st start off the bench at Belmont. Been working well for this and I think she keeps the record perfect today for Brown. (5-6-2)

Good Luck N Good Racing From The KidCapper !!

Simple Syrup
11-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Agree with your first two of the day, but I'm not sure the odds in the marathon are going to go off where I want them to be. I had a hard time eliminating horses in this one.