11-02-2012, 04:03 AM
LSU 31 Bama 24. Geaux TIGERS!!!!

Bettowin
11-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Not a chance Bama gives up 31 to LSU.

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 08:47 PM
EK's team??

I'm wondering....how many consecutive LSU possessions vs Alabama where there's been no TD.

Game is on right now, 3-0 Tigers. Bama softening up the DBs with long passes. Mccarron already missed an easy td. Hope it's not another 9-6 abortion. That was impossible to watch. Great defense, don't get me wrong....but soooo many missed opps on offense to where "Choke" was operative

KSU 7 oSu 7...good game on ABC as well

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Nobody's posting real time?

LSU punts yet again, Bama fair catches on the 5 yard line. Now wonder nobody can score, stupid football is on display. Wwhat happened to standing on the 10 yd line and not going after anything over your head.... :rolleyes:

KSU up 10-7 now

cj
11-03-2012, 09:17 PM
The punt team is LSU's best offense.

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Now the Bama punt returner fumbles a punt in Bama territory....he's LSU's offensive player of the game

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 09:19 PM
beat me to it cj.....

Lockett takes it all the way, KSU 24-10. They'll give Bama or somebody a good game

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 09:22 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The old throw to the kicker on 4th and 12.....no dice.

Still Bama 7-3.

cj
11-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Nice call Les. Alabama was shocked on that fake FG attempt.

cj
11-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Back to back kickoff returns at KSU, cool stuff.

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Pokies making a game of this...KSU punting, up by 7

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Bama closes out the half with a TD....14-3 lead over LSU

LSU hasn't scored a TD vs Alabama in 10 quarters.....10 Quarters! Garrett Gilbert of all people came off the bench to lead UT to two touchdowns vs Bama.....and Garrett got a lot of heat in here from LSU folk ;)

Half ends with Metzengroober being sacked at midfield....

Interesting half coming up (being serious).....Bad Hat Lester now knows he has to open up the offense to score & is down by 2 scores.....Lessee what ya got Lester.

cj
11-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Pokies making a game of this...KSU punting, up by 7

OSU can't win this game. They have the worst 3rd (and 4th) down defense year in and year out that I've ever seen.

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 10:20 PM
LSU opening drive, 2 runs between the tackles and an incomplete pass....4th and 7, punt.

Mack Brown doesn't seem so bad right now (barf)....He has 2 losses too :lol:

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 10:21 PM
OSU can't win this game. They have the worst 3rd (and 4th) down defense year in and year out that I've ever seen.

couldn't find the Oregon-SC game on teevee....would have liked to have checked it out

cj
11-03-2012, 10:31 PM
couldn't find the Oregon-SC game on teevee....would have liked to have checked it out

It was on fox, regular fox, not fox sports.

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 11:00 PM
dang, i didn't know that!

oSu 3rd string QB looks better than most QBs I've seen this yr....

LSU has a shot, Bama fumbles at the LSU 10 now the Tigers have the ball at midfield to start the 4th down by 4.....Bama loses, I doubt they have a shot at the MNC....Too many other teams unbeaten w/ a clean shot

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Got a ballgame!!

LSU is about to kick the SEC out of the MNC game. Love it!

cj
11-03-2012, 11:08 PM
That would be great. Long way to go though. Almost makes me happy ND won if this holds up.

cj
11-03-2012, 11:17 PM
That 4th and 1 call may be the worst play call in the history of football.

cj
11-03-2012, 11:41 PM
No way do I try a field goal in that spot.

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 11:44 PM
agree on 4th and 1.....qb sneak a full yard out? Vs Bama?

cj
11-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Honestly, Miles is a joke. He'd have better luck flipping a coin when he has to make a decision.

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Bama takes the lead 51 tics to go.....

To the LSU boys in here, I'll be serious for a moment.....Your boys played big. Miles made some glaring errors- but the team played their hearts out. Nothing to bash them over tonite

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Game over.....Leslie needs to coach a 2 minute drill, that last 51 seconds was hard to watch - 3 snaps? That's it!!! (ok I'll stop)

Give credit to Alabama, did what they had to when they were down and looked OUT on the road

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Honestly, Miles is a joke. He'd have better luck flipping a coin when he has to make a decision.

IMO he's the reason they lost tonight. He's good for at least one loss every year with his bonehead stupid nonsense.

Dahoss2002
11-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Glad your team won EK

ElKabong
11-03-2012, 11:58 PM
I didn't have a dog in the hunt, hoss. My 'Horns won, but I preferred they lost......Mack Brown's backers are saying "we're 7-2" which is the same record as LSU....But the difference is we haven't competed against 0u recently. Unacceptable.

Like I said above, you can feel very good about the Tigers' effort. It's the coach that did LSU in tonite

Dahoss2002
11-04-2012, 12:06 AM
With all due respect, if it werent for the coach, I really dont know what kinda team we would have had for the game tonight. I really dont want to go back to the "good ole days" where we never beat Bama. I've watched LSU many years EK. I didnt start liking LSU when Saban arrived. I know you have watched alot of college through the years too so you remember some old LSU teams. Miles aint near as bad as you say. And remember, No one thought we could win this cept the team and MILES.

Dahoss2002
11-04-2012, 12:21 AM

CJ you seem to like OSU a little. If it werent for Miles bringing T. Boone's wallet back to OSU, they wouldnt have been nearly as good the last decade. Miles went 2-2 against Oklahoma with very little. Glad to see "Im a Man" finally beat them. Wonder why he didnt get a raise or any big offers? Just Sayin.......

cj
11-04-2012, 12:37 AM
CJ you seem to like OSU a little. If it werent for Miles bringing T. Boone's wallet back to OSU, they wouldnt have been nearly as good the last decade. Miles went 2-2 against Oklahoma with very little. Glad to see "Im a Man" finally beat them. Wonder why he didnt get a raise or any big offers? Just Sayin.......

I'm pretty neutral on OSU and OU. I see all the games because I live here and it is a big topic on sports radio. Thank goodness for the Thunder because it used to be 365 a year. I've had a son graduate from OSU and a daughter that is a sophmore at OU.

Miles certainly knows how to recruit and assemble talent. I just don't think he is a good game day coach. I don't know if that was the same when he was at OSU because I didn't follow then like I do now.

The field goal attempt was pretty dumb in my opinion. The 4th and 1 call was ridiculous. And the fake field goal, lets not go there.

Dahoss2002
11-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Our kicker aint so hot this year. I got no problem with going for it 4th and 1 just dont use wildcat. Check his record against Stoops though. Those were huge upsets. T Boone took note.

Dahoss2002
11-04-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm pretty neutral on OSU and OU. I see all the games because I live here and it is a big topic on sports radio. Thank goodness for the Thunder because it used to be 365 a year. I've had a son graduate from OSU and a daughter that is a sophmore at OU.

Miles certainly knows how to recruit and assemble talent. I just don't think he is a good game day coach. I don't know if that was the same when he was at OSU because I didn't follow then like I do now.

The field goal attempt was pretty dumb in my opinion. The 4th and 1 call was ridiculous. And the fake field goal, lets not go there.

Oh yeah Congrats to your son. OSU has turned out some real talent in the real world and I'm serious. Tell your daughter to stay the course too. Football at the end of the day is just a game.

ElKabong
11-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Miles @ oSu was the same as he is now, just that he lost multiple games at Pokie State with his style of coaching. I can think of a game where he had TEXAS down at the half, and we wound up scoring something like 4 straight TDs b/c he didn't change a thing....

The yrs he beat OU, the Sooners had a habit of wearing down as the season went on under Stoops & the bedlam series was the last game of the year at the time. In 2006 they turned that around. I don't know why 2006 was the turning point for 0u not peaking in mid Oct but it was the case

I think LSU can do better than Miles. The athletes there in LA are far under rated in the recruiting ratings -which btw I think are a joke under the current system....Kids down there know the game, are good-to-superior athletes, and the Univ there backs the program. It's a situation where you'd have to be incompetent or burned out not to finish in the top 7 or 8 every year, play for the MNC every 3-4 yrs

Which is the reason I want Mack gone, but I digress....

Dahoss2002
11-04-2012, 01:13 AM
EK brother..........my point is he beat them when the pokies had shite. 2-2 against OU made T. Boone love OSU football again. Do you really think Gundy would have done as well without T. Boone?

ElKabong
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi Hoss,

T Boone had been an active alum in the past. My guess is he was active when Jimmy Johnson was @ Stillwater too...Yes, I believe he'd have been hyper active if someone other than Les was HC at the time.

in fact, T Boone IMO prefers Gundy as HC b/c Gundy isn't going anywhere. Like Pickens, he's an alum. Miles OTOH was going to leave, pronto. Everyone up there knew that.

oSu was the biggest benefactor of the b12 formation of all the old b8 programs by far. The biggest recruiting pool for the b12 is Texas, oSu has benefitted the most. They've been getting kids since 1995 that they never had a sniff at

Bob Simmons did a very good job getting the athletes that Miles used to beat 0u those 2 times. Simmons needs a lot of credit in that dept (horrible coach, but recruited to an angle that worked to his advantage)

I hope you don't think I'm bashing LSU football (which I do in fun for POTs intake), I've seen Les lose too many games at both oSu and LSU to think he's a good game manager. I think LSU could do better than Les....but like you said, there were times when LSU was on hard times......Those hard times are sharp to a fan / ex/ alum's memory. We don't like going back to losing seasons, so we think what we have is 'better than the old days'.

In LSU's case, they have a great situation. I wish you guys the best. (just stop recruiting Texas kids :) )

PhantomOnTour
11-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Very tough one to swallow for the Tigers last night.
I will admit that i thought Bama was gonna smoke LSU (even started a comical thread about how LSU can win).
It always sounds like boo hoo loser talk when it's over, but LSU played a nice game...and yes, Les was a liability last night.
Faked it when he shoulda kicked it and kicked it when he shoulda punted.
I like the onside kick try and even the 4th and 1...execution failed them in those two instances.
On their last 3rd down try i would have thrown the ball (play action ofcourse) instead of running a dive or whatever that was. Just conceding possession to Bama and giving them life ain't a good idea.

Best news is that maybe Mettenberger is figuring things out. He was actually brave in the pocket, which i hadn't seen before. Dude has a strong arm; it was his weak head that held him back.

This season is what i like to call a "medicine year"....we gotta take ours, fight on, secure a good bowl bid (maybe vs Texas :eek: :D ), and keep on keeping on.

GEAUX TIGERS - always

PS- wonder what Saints fans thought of Mark Ingram rooting his tits off on the Bama sideline...doesn't that chump know many of the same folks in Tiger Stadium on Sat will also be in the Dome on Monday?
Maybe he wants his old job back :D ..too bad he'd be 3rd string on this Bama squad behind Lacy and Yeldon.
Bad form imo - Notice how Roman Harper wasn't there

cj
11-04-2012, 02:19 PM
PS- wonder what Saints fans thought of Mark Ingram rooting his tits off on the Bama sideline...doesn't that chump know many of the same folks in Tiger Stadium on Sat will also be in the Dome on Monday?
Maybe he wants his old job back :D ..too bad he'd be 3rd string on this Bama squad behind Lacy and Yeldon.
Bad form imo - Notice how Roman Harper wasn't there

They probably just think he is loyal. Noboby here gets upset when Kevin Durant roots for Texas against OU/OSU.

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2012, 10:09 PM
You know CJ, it took me this long to finally get the irony of your signature... :lol:

ElKabong
11-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Best news is that maybe Mettenberger is figuring things out. He was actually brave in the pocket, which i hadn't seen before.

Taking absolutely nothing away from "Mett", but the O-Line gave him some time and executed well vs blitzes in the 2nd half. Hat's off to the OL b/c that was a beast of a defense they were playing.....and the QB delivered some very quality passes on target. Future looks good for you guys, I feel good for you and Hoss.