PDA

View Full Version : All-In-One: Question

JoeLong
01-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if an older version of All-In-One called AutoV2.5 was ever updated to conform to Y2K? Whenever you attempt to open up a race later than 12/31/99 the program crashes with a 'Date Of Race' error message.

Any help with this endeavor would be appreciated, BTW, I posted a similar question over at the HorseTalk Forum a few days ago and have not yet heard back.

I would think that place would be abuzz, what with AIO V6 being released and all, who knows.

Thanks in advance,

JoeLong

codemonkey
01-26-2004, 05:11 PM
As far as I know, they stopped doing any updates on previous versions when they came out with V5, which IS Y2K compatible. In other words, version 2.5 was declared obsolete at that point and no further updates were made.

JoeLong
01-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the information.

JoeLong

kitts
01-26-2004, 05:41 PM
I have an acquaintance who still uses Version 2 of All-In-One and has no Y2K issues. However, he is of the opinion that his processor in use then was a 386. He now uses a Pentium. It would appear that the program does not want to work with a 286 or older.

I see that you already had a response on this board from the current programmer of Cynthia Publishing products so it appears there is no quick solution for your situation. I am a Beta Tester for Version 6 of the program and it works very well. You might want to consider an upgrade.

JoeLong
01-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Hi Kits,

Thanks for the comeback, it is not a processor problem as I have attempted to run it on a few different processors. If run in manual mode you can still handicap a race prior to 12/31/99, but you cannot handicap any race either manual or in auto mode on dates beyond 12/31/99.

Since you are a tester for V6, and V6 is programmed in Java, would you know if V6 will run under Windows CE?

Regards,

JoeLong

Dick Schmidt
01-27-2004, 02:24 AM
You might try entering the date as 1-26-04 and see what happens. If it requires a four digit year, then use 1904. I have a couple of old handicapping programs that need to be spoofed this way. Once they get a date they can understand, they still work. Worth a shot.

Dick

Who never throws anything away.

JoeLong
01-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Hi Dick,

Your response got me to thinking, your advice will only work if I set the system date before 01/01/2000. After resetting the date, I was able to load DRF files both prior to and after 01/01/2000, not sure how the program handled the recency factor but it did spit out an answer.

Not sure I will use it the way it is but it was one of the better versions of AIO because of its ability to use native DRF data files and run in an X86 environment. Way back when, Auto V2.5 would run on an old HP-100 PalmTop, well, back to the drawing board in search of another program that will run on a Pocket PC.

Thanks

JoeLong

kitts
01-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Joe-

AIO V6 run under Windows CE? I do not know so I forwarded the question to tech support at Cynthia Publishing.

adanto
01-28-2004, 08:36 AM
Hi, I was a heavy user of AIO V5, i did stop using it when window 98 toke over, but i'm very excited that the V6 is coming out soon. So i have a question for Kitts: Will AIO V6, have the betting Win Strategies built in? also will i be able to print the past perfomance from it? Hope so! Perhaps Kitts as beta tester for v6 would answer these question for me. Thanks.

Maxspa
01-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Adanto,
I believe the answers to both questions can be found on the
AIO bulletin board!
Maxspa

kitts
01-28-2004, 06:22 PM
adanto-

Glad you posted these questions at cynthiapublishing.com and you got an answer. As stated there, the computing part of the program is virtually ready with a PP printing option and the reports will be available very soon thereafter. I am running V5 and V6 side-by-side and am impressed with the new version

adanto
01-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Kitts,

Thanks, i did get some answer from the Cynthia publishing BBS, but still there is one that nobody seems to get it. If you use AIO v5 as you know there are some utilities programs called Win betting Strategies, Exacta strategie and pick'n strategie. are these included with AIO V6? Thanks for you response.

kitts
01-29-2004, 07:11 PM
adanto-

I have been using All-In-One V5 for a long time and do not remember all that came before. I do recall a "Pick N" strategy that advised how to bet a serial bet like a pick three based on possible payoffs, how many in each leg, number of favorites and like that. This product also had other betting strategies. It was a Cynthia Publishing product called the Bettor Handicapper which I doubt will be a part of Version 6 of All-In-One. As I recall the Bettor Handicapper was sold as a pocket calculator or software. You best contact Cynthia Publishing for information on their other products. I don't think they offer the Bettor Handicapper any more.

Maxspa
01-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Adono,
I believe I read on the AIO Bulletin Board the Platinum strategies would be included if time allowed but if not, they probably would be available in a free update at a later date.
Maxspa

adanto
01-30-2004, 09:40 AM
Kitts,

Yes, they were called the bettor Strategies, and was sold as separated little computer that i still owne, but also they were included in the AIO V5 that i still have but can't use because don't download from HDW, and take a long time to input all the info manually. but i had intention on use them if they were part of
AIO V6. oh well i guess Not! Maybe i have to fire up the old Tandy pc. Thanks for your response.
Regards, and hope to see you on the Short Line.......

kitts
01-31-2004, 02:57 PM
adanto-

Oh, yes, the menu selection is Tote Board Programs and they are software versions of the Bettor Handicapper. The easy way is, of course, if you are an HDW user. If added to V6, it will probably be in the first upgrade which will deal with Reports. I shall forward your inquiry to Cynthia Publishing.

adanto
02-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Hey Kitts, probably you already know it, AIO V6 is being delayed for shippment until Feb.10. My question is should i subcribe to HDW and get my AIO v5 working again? And if so, what will i need beside hdw helper to have it up and running for window XP? Also will the files be compatible with V6 when comes out? Thanks for your response, regards.

kitts
02-03-2004, 03:37 PM
If you plan to go AIO V6, I would suggest you get your V5 going just to refamiliarize yourself but it might be best to wait until Feb 10 since the V5 files are probably not going to be of value to V6 since the interface is quite different The good news is that HDW usually maintains 45 days of data at any one time so you could get plenty of data when you are ready for V6. I used WinXP and had a tad of trouble with V5 but the "Helper" was a help. XP has a tendency to not overwrite some files (dll and Registry, I think) so I bet the Cynthia Publishing programmer is dealing with that issue.