PDA

View Full Version : Cop "accidently" tasers a kid

highnote
11-01-2012, 05:02 PM
File this one under "What could he have possibly been thinking":

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lawsuit-alleges-police-officer-tasered-10-old-school-152530178.html

A lawsuit claims an Albuquerque, N.M., police officer stunned a 10-year-old boy with a Taser after he refused to wash the officer's car.

Officer Christopher Webb was visiting the boy's elementary school for a career day on May 4 when the incident occurred, according to Courthouse News.

During the presentation, Webb apparently asked a group of students if they wanted to wash his patrol car, the lawsuit states. When the boy, identified as R.D. jokingly refused, Webb pointed the stun gun at him and said, "Let me show you what happens to people who do not listen to the police."

HUSKER55
11-01-2012, 05:12 PM
THIS is your brain on drugs:D

highnote
11-01-2012, 07:54 PM
THIS is your brain on drugs:D

How does a professional policeman even think for a split second that it is ok to point a taser at a 10 year old during a career day event at a school? :faint:

GameTheory
11-01-2012, 08:45 PM
How does a professional policeman even think for a split second that it is ok to point a taser at a 10 year old during a career day event at a school? :faint:
Ex-professional policeman, let's hope. He is in the wrong line of work.

johnhannibalsmith
11-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Ex-professional policeman, let's hope. He is in the wrong line of work.

Pretty sure when I read this morning it said that he was given a severe three day suspension. :rolleyes:

OntheRail
11-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Pretty sure when I read this morning it said that he was given a severe three day suspension. :rolleyes:
While they push his promotion thru... I mean you can't fire them due to Union Contracts and such. :rolleyes:

GameTheory
11-02-2012, 02:32 AM
That doesn't mean that is that.

That.

PhantomOnTour
11-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Lil punk had it coming...wash the damn car already !
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Juuuuuuuust kiddin - is a small kid at more risk of longterm damage or death from being tazed than an adult?
If this were a Muslim country he would get to taze the cop, right?

Needless to say, that officer should be let go.

cj's dad
11-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Lil punk had it coming...wash the damn car already !
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Juuuuuuuust kiddin - is a small kid at more risk of long term damage or death from being tazed than an adult?
If this were a Muslim country he would get to taze the cop, right?

Needless to say, that officer should be let go.

Definitely.

The smaller the body frame, the less the resistance, ergo the higher the amperage. Flow of current across the heart is the killer. This kid is lucky.

bigmack
11-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Fuzz says it was an accEdent

However. Officer Webb claims he first removed the taser cartridge before showing the weapon to an initial group of students, however, later “removed it from the holster not realizing I put the cartridge back on. The taser accidentally discharged hitting a boy directly in the chest.”

johnhannibalsmith
11-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Fuzz says it was an accEdent

don't you actually have to pull the trigger to activate the jolt once you shoot the "target" with the barbs?

bigmack
11-02-2012, 02:26 PM
don't you actually have to pull the trigger to activate the jolt once you shoot the "target" with the barbs?
They should ONLY be used for wisenheimers that talk about 'pussy-ass' tests.

yb_TyNv5-bY

FantasticDan
11-02-2012, 02:27 PM

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2012/10/31/news/officer-tases-boy-at-school.html

The Kennedy Law Firm provided the Journal with a letter to State Police from a master Taser instructor, who analyzed the Taser for defects and found none. The instructor also wrote that it is possible but rare for a Taser to deploy without the trigger being pulled. He said that even if the probes deployed by accident, the person struck with them would not be shocked unless the trigger was pulled.

johnhannibalsmith
11-02-2012, 02:41 PM
They should ONLY be used for wisenheimers that talk about 'pussy-ass' tests.

I can't, you ****ing hammered me.

:D

bigmack
11-02-2012, 02:47 PM
I can't, you ****ing hammered me.

:D
"I can't move my arms!" :lol:

Cue Robert Klein's - I Can't Stop My Legs.

highnote
11-02-2012, 09:12 PM
What would happen if a person pulled out something that looked like a taser and aimed it a cop?

I think the lesson here is that the taser should have never left the holster.

It still boggles my mind that a policeman would point a taser at a kid.

The first thing I learned when I was taught to shoot was never point a gun at anyone -- even if you know for certain that the gun is NOT loaded -- because you NEVER KNOW!