PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup Friday

Dahoss9698
11-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Juvenile Sprint- No interest in the race and I'll be shocked if Merit Man and Super Ninety Nine don't run 1-2.
Selections: 3-5

Marathon- On turf or synth, this might be a pretty interesting race. On dirt, I think Atigun is a standout. He's faced much better competition (on dirt) than the others, has shown in the past that the distance shouldn't be a problem and while he's isn't really fast, he's consistent. I would love to get anywhere near his ML and hope the Euro's are overbet. Worth Repeating has also shown the distance isn't a problem and has experience over the track. Next likely if Atigun doesn't fire. Jaycito isn 't much, but he's another that will probably have no issue with the distance. I don't think he can win, but no reason why he can't be on the board. Eldaafer or Not Abroad should round out the super. It's not that I don't think the Euros in here are formidable...but they have zero dirt pedigree and I think they are up against it here.
Selections: 1-12-5-10

Juvenile Fillies Turf- I've been as impressed with Spring Venture as any 2 year old I have seen this year. While I think it's foolish to assume horses who win in hand have much more to give...I think this filly has more to give than she has shown. She's been super in winning her first three and I think she has a chance to upset Sky Lantern. Sky Lantern has been fantastic overseas and comes into this race as strongly as any Euro has before in the short history of the race. If she brings her "A" game...or even her "B+" game she wins. If Sky Lantern falters and Spring venture isn't as good as I think, Flotilla can win. Her trainer is very sharp and looks next best. Either Kitten's Point or Waterway Run can complete the super.
Selections: 5-3-4-1

Juvenile Fillies Dirt- Hoping I'm right about Spring Venture, because I also like Spring in the Air in here as well. Obviously, the dirt is a major question mark. However there are enough horses in her pedigree underneath who have performed well that I think she will make the transition just fine. I don't see how the race doesn't fall apart late and expect her to pick up the pieces. I would really like Beholder if not for the presence of Pletcher's two fillies. her last was legit and the distance is a question mark, but of she runs back to her last, she might be long gone. I'm grudgingly including Executiveprivilege in the write up, but I am against her in this spot. her win last out is dressed up and I think she is going to be WAY overbet. I think she's the third best filly in here. Broken Spell might be able to suck up for 4th, or Kauai Katie might last for a piece.
Selections: 3-1-2-7

Filly and Mare Turf- I think this race boils down to the Europeans. Ridasiyna is the horse I prefer. she was awesome last time and comes here for top notch connections. The one to beat. The Fugue has also been very good, but I think she might prefer a little longer. Zagora is the one I want out of the Flower Bowl. She made first run, stayed on well and yielded grudgingly. I don't know if she can beat the top two, but no reason why she can't split them. marketing Mix is a very nice filly and has a great shot to hit the board, because you know she'll always put in her run. I just don't think she can win.
Selections: 10-2-4-9

Distaff- I refuse to call this race by its new name. But, what a great race. One of the better races from a competition standpoint in years and there are so many stories within the race, you could go so many ways. I'm a Questing fan and think she's the best horse in the race. I think her races this summer were very special. Her Alabama was terrific. She broke their hearts early and late. I think they realized they made a mistake last time in trying to rate her and are going to give her her head again. Anyone foolish enough to run with her early is going to pay the price. I have nothing but respect for Royal Delta. The only chink in her armor is she has be known to thrown in a clunker every now and then. Grace Hall is the other horse for me in here. she had no shot trying to run with Questing two back. But, from off the pace, she has a shot. As long as Castellano doesn't get sucked into moving too soon, she has a good shot. While I don't like My Miss Aurelia or Awesome Feather in this race, they certainly make the race more interesting and I'm glad to see them back in top form. I suppose Include Me Out can complete the triple or super, but I think that is her ceiling.
Selections: 4-1-6-7

The Twilight Derby- I have to bet Smart Ellis back. I think he was given a no shot ride last time and was best. It's possible he just loves Del mar, but I also think he had excuses for his other turf races. I'm not sure if he's good enough to beat Grandeur or Speaking of Which, but he should get plenty of pace to run into and I have to find out.
Selections: 4-7-2-3

Good luck!

LAP_520
11-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks for your insight DaHoss...

Good Luck this Weekend.

Exotic1
11-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks for sharing, Dahoss.

redshift1
11-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Juvenile Sprint:

7-5-2

Looking for the fillies to upset. SSM and CK competitive VS G1 foes.

redshift1
11-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Marathon:

1-2-4

Atigun, any other horse in this race would have been 20-1 or higher in the Belmont. Fame and Glory may find past endurance. Grassy first time on dirt at long odds gets Gomez and the pair shared previous success.

johnhannibalsmith
11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
The Twilight Derby- I have to bet Smart Ellis back. I think he was given a no shot ride last time and was best. It's possible he just loves Del mar, but I also think he had excuses for his other turf races. I'm not sure if he's good enough to beat Grandeur or Speaking of Which, but he should get plenty of pace to run into and I have to find out.
Selections: 4-7-2-3

I'm not leaving to go hit the OTB, but I just got a call from someone that likes to tout me every once in a while and is slightly better than most bad touts, and he implored me to go bet on Power Foot. Just figured I'd toss it out there somewhere. :D

Dahoss9698
11-02-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm not leaving to go hit the OTB, but I just got a call from someone that likes to tout me every once in a while and is slightly better than most bad touts, and he implored me to go bet on Power Foot. Just figured I'd toss it out there somewhere. :D
He's very interesting. It's a giant trainer change. In a perfect scenario I'd like to be live to my chase horse and Power Foot...but we'll see.

raybo
11-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Juv fillies dirt - AllData RS picks

5/2 or better - 5,3,7

raybo
11-02-2012, 06:29 PM
FM Turf - RS

5/2 or better - 2,11,1

johnhannibalsmith
11-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Filly and Mare Turf- I think this race boils down to the Europeans. Ridasiyna is the horse I prefer. she was awesome last time and comes here for top notch connections. The one to beat. The Fugue has also been very good, but I think she might prefer a little longer. Zagora is the one I want out of the Flower Bowl. She made first run, stayed on well and yielded grudgingly. I don't know if she can beat the top two, but no reason why she can't split them. marketing Mix is a very nice filly and has a great shot to hit the board, because you know she'll always put in her run. I just don't think she can win.
Selections: 10-2-4-9...

Not a bad 2-9-4-10 super that kicked back $922. :ThmbUp:

raybo
11-02-2012, 07:02 PM
I'll take the $20 win!!

raybo
11-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Ladies Classic - RS

5/2 or better - 8,1,7,3

raybo
11-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Wow! I never thought Royal Delta would break that well and get the lead so early. Probably the best thing she could have done today against these.

Too bad about Questing!