PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup

Arena Nut
11-01-2012, 10:03 AM
With the elimination of Lasix for the two year old races how do you handicap the races when evrey american horse has run on Lasix evrey race. I usually love the cup days but now dont know if ill wager at all. What a bad idea for a sport in decline. If you wanted to eliminate Lasix for the 2 year old races than all two year old races this year should have been run without the Med. Now those races are a crap shoot because the general public has no idea how much it helped each horse. Anyone else fell this way also?

Dahoss9698
11-01-2012, 10:22 AM
It's been discussed a lot already, but personally I think you just have to handicap the races like you normally would.

I agree that the way they have decided to do it makes no sense. But, we never really know anyway how impacted the horses are by lasix.

In the last few days of the recently concluded Keeneland meet, there was a horse Infrattini or something like that who was a regular lasix user. The vets failed to administer lasix (how was there not a thread about it here?) and he ran anyway. He won.

In a nutshell, I think the backlash is much ado about nothing. But, if you feel you're at a disadvantage, just turn the page. Plenty of other opportunities this weekend.

Valuist
11-01-2012, 10:24 AM
The Juvenile Sprint looks like a bad betting race anyways so I will just pass it. As for the others, have no idea who will bleed or not. It would make me hesitant to use low priced horses and I'd stick toward single race wagers like tris and exactas instead of tying up much money in P3s or P4s, where one tends to use more lower priced horses.

MickJ26
11-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I think this is going to be the worst Breeders Cup ever.
For the first time since I've been regularly following racing (early 90's), I have very little interest in the BC, with the exception of Royal Delta.
1-None of the top three year olds are running. (males, anyway)
2-Lack of sexy storylines.
3-Stale venue.

I'm just going to be playing Aqueduct this weekend.