PDA

View Full Version : The Majority White Minnesota Timberwolves

cj's dad
10-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Although this related to sports, I think that it belongs here. PA, if you think it should be moved, fine by me.

This is so ridiculous as to be laughable. Maybe the 'Wolves ownership is setting up a potential sale of the team to the KKK or Aryan Nation ?

Civil rights leaders question Timberwolves racial makeup

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/29/civil-rights-minnesota-timberwolves-white-players-racial-makeup/1666061/

Snip>The T-Wolves projected lineup (when everyone is healthy) has Brandon Roy as the only black player along with Nikola Pekovic, Ricky Rubio, Andrei Kirilenko and superstar Kevin Love.

"It's just basketball," Roy said. "I never really had to feel like I'm the only black guy out here. I've played on teams that maybe had all black guys and the feeling is just the same when I'm out there on the floor playing with these guys. The only problem we have is in the weight room, arguing over what music we're going to listen to."<Snip

Maybe all sports teams to be PC, should balance their respective rosters to reflect the racial makeup of the USA.

Basketball with it's 15 man roster:

Whites= 66% of America = 10 players

Blacks= 12.4% = 2 players

Latinos= 20% = 3 players

There, that was easy.

Tom
10-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council

Who elected him to anything? :rolleyes:
Just another big mouth with an agenda.

.124 x 15 - 1.86.

Black are over-represented.
Fire .14 of them.

Dahoss9698
10-31-2012, 11:42 AM
A post by CJ's Dad about race.

Shocking.

That said, I agree with the premise. What a ridiculous thing for anyone to notice and then complain about. Too white? Who cares?

johnhannibalsmith
10-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Hey, it's tough being a civil rights leader in 2012. Let's not worry that blacks in the state of Minnesota live in poverty at a rate more than ten percentage points higher than the national average (37.2% vs. 27.1% as of 2010) and unemployment is over 25%, let's tackle a truly worthwhile challenge like the racial composition of a millionaires club. Oy.

Bettowin
10-31-2012, 12:11 PM
No complaints about the Vikings? They do have a white running back and tight end.

cj's dad
10-31-2012, 12:20 PM
A post by CJ's Dad about race.

Shocking.

That said, I agree with the premise. What a ridiculous thing for anyone to notice and then complain about. Too white? Who cares?

I would have been shocked had you or a few select others not made a comment otherwise.

This was something I heard zero about, until it was talked about on radio. It, to me, is about the fanning of the flames in a situation (you above all will understand completely what I am referring to) that has no merit other than to create rancor where none exists.

Dahoss9698
10-31-2012, 12:28 PM
I would have been shocked had you or a few select others not made a comment otherwise.

This was something I heard zero about, until it was talked about on radio. It, to me, is about the fanning of the flames in a situation (you above all will understand completely what I am referring to) that has no merit other than to create rancor where none exists.
I agree with you. I think it's ridiculous race baiting (you above all will understand completely what I am referring to) and reeks of desperation by the idiots who are trying to make a big deal out of it.

These guys have nothing better to do than this? I mean I've seen a lot of crazy theories (especially lately) but to insinuate that the Timberwolves brass assembled a team of primarily white guys, to get fans back in the stands is ridiculous. Winning puts fans in the stands. Not skin color.

Whoever this Tyrone Terrell and Ron Edwards are should be forced to wear dunce caps the rest of the year.

Tom
10-31-2012, 01:12 PM
While we are at it, we need to get rid of 1.46 of the Black women on the View.

Robert Fischer
10-31-2012, 02:00 PM
It's nothing new that some franchises in professional sports have tried to bring in white players.

In the NBA, teams have on occasion made an effort to avoid completely black rotations, and there are some teams that at times have had a perception of featuring more white players.

With the Wolves it just seems more like a joke among fans, than anything else. If civil rights leaders are treating this as anything more than a publicity stunt(for themselves) - that's pretty sad.

Kevin Love is already the cornerstone, and apparently the team simply has a fascination in foreign talent (Nikola Pekovic, Ricky Rubio, Andrei Kirilenko).

Striker
10-31-2012, 03:15 PM
No complaints about the Vikings? They do have a white running back and tight end.
Are you talking about Gerhart here? Cause AP isn't white last time I saw him play.

FantasticDan
10-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Are you talking about Gerhart here? Cause AP isn't white last time I saw him play.Are you sure? Cuz this is the most recent picture of Adrian Peterson:

http://entertainmentrundown.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/michael-jackson.jpg

:eek: :eek:

Striker
10-31-2012, 04:09 PM
He must of had all that work done to his face this past weekend cause he played last thursday. :)

sandpit
10-31-2012, 10:38 PM
While we are at it, we need to get rid of 1.46 of the Black women on the View.

Getting rid of Sherri Shepherd should take care of it.

Relwob Owner
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Although this related to sports, I think that it belongs here. PA, if you think it should be moved, fine by me.

This is so ridiculous as to be laughable. Maybe the 'Wolves ownership is setting up a potential sale of the team to the KKK or Aryan Nation ?

Civil rights leaders question Timberwolves racial makeup

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/29/civil-rights-minnesota-timberwolves-white-players-racial-makeup/1666061/

Snip>The T-Wolves projected lineup (when everyone is healthy) has Brandon Roy as the only black player along with Nikola Pekovic, Ricky Rubio, Andrei Kirilenko and superstar Kevin Love.

"It's just basketball," Roy said. "I never really had to feel like I'm the only black guy out here. I've played on teams that maybe had all black guys and the feeling is just the same when I'm out there on the floor playing with these guys. The only problem we have is in the weight room, arguing over what music we're going to listen to."<Snip

Maybe all sports teams to be PC, should balance their respective rosters to reflect the racial makeup of the USA.

Basketball with it's 15 man roster:

Whites= 66% of America = 10 players

Latinos= 20% = 3 players

There, that was easy.

This is one of the most idiotic articles I have ever read. They should focus more on how and why their GM keeps his job.

Tom
11-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Getting rid of Sherri Shepherd should take care of it.

Yes, she's once, twice, three times a lady to some, but she's more than a woman to me! :rolleyes: