PDA

View Full Version : Any damage to tracks in the Northeast?

thespaah
10-30-2012, 10:03 PM
I have looked at news sources from all over the NY metro area. No word on any damage to the NYRA tracks, Philly area or NJ Tracks.
Has anyone heard or read anything?

alhattab
10-30-2012, 10:40 PM
I have looked at news sources from all over the NY metro area. No word on any damage to the NYRA tracks, Philly area or NJ Tracks.
Has anyone heard or read anything?

I haven't heard anything about Monmouth Park and I've been looking around at news all day. Mth is pretty low on the list around here given the extent of damage elsewhere. I did see from drf post I think on Facebook that Belmont had no majr issue, and I believe NYRA announced that both tracks are open for simulcasts on Wed.

Al Gobbi
10-30-2012, 11:33 PM
I haven't heard anything about Monmouth Park and I've been looking around at news all day. Mth is pretty low on the list around here given the extent of damage elsewhere. I did see from drf post I think on Facebook that Belmont had no major issue, and I believe NYRA announced that both tracks are open for simulcasts on Wed.

saw a few reports on twitter that the barn area at Monmouth got flooded, and I believe Belmont still has no power.

stu
10-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Laurel is good to go - we are running today!!!

lamboguy
10-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Belmont is open for training today, they are taking entries today for friday and saturday at Aqueduct.

Knowclew
10-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Monticello Raceway (harness) had a fire, destroying the infield tote board.
Not sure of any other damage.

alhattab
11-02-2012, 07:12 AM
saw a few reports on twitter that the barn area at Monmouth got flooded, and I believe Belmont still has no power.

Monmouth was open on thurs. no forms as drf couldnt print. Meadowlands open but no more racing. Bayonne and Woodbridge open. I think the horses were ok, but no more training and they are going to close the barns asap. See below from monmouthpark.com

Oceanport, N.J. – Several days after Hurricane Sandy blew through the Jersey Shore, Monmouth Park and Woodbridge OTB have reopened for simulcasting; however, the live Thoroughbred meet at the Meadowlands is canceled for the remainder of the season, which was to run through Saturday, Nov. 3.
*********** “As of now, we are unsure of the extent of the damage at Monmouth Park,” said Bob Kulina, president of Darby Development LLC, operator of the racetrack.* “We were extremely lucky that no people or horses were injured during the storm, or its aftermath.* Property damage, however, is yet to be ascertained.
*********** “The racing surface itself needs to be evaluated and therefore we have canceled all training for the year.* The stable area will close as quickly as possible to facilitate a complete diagnosis of any damage to the barns.”
*********** Monmouth Park, located just one mile west of the Atlantic Ocean, did see downed trees and a power outage, the latter of which was restored on Wednesday, Oct. 31.
*********** The racetrack anticipates being able to offer full-card simulcasting of this year’s Breeders’ Cup on Friday, Nov. 2 and Saturday, Nov. 3.
*********** For more information, visit www.monmouthpark.com or call 732-222-5100.