PDA

View Full Version : Irony

ceejay
10-30-2012, 02:19 PM
I cannot find what the President's position on fracking is, but if he wins reelection, it will be largely due to Ohio's over-performing economy. As I understand it, a significant factor in this performance is the current oil boom led by fracking in the Utica Shale. Personally, I find it ironic that an industry he frequently chastises me help them get reelected.

Valuist
10-30-2012, 02:31 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/246427-pickens-slams-obama-echoes-gop-energy-policies

Paragraph 3: "They are against fossil fuels....and I think he is with crowd in his party."

ceejay
10-30-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't really trust T. Boone Pickens to accurately portray Obama's positions.

Valuist
10-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I don't really trust T. Boone Pickens to accurately portray Obama's positions.

Considering his reluctance to get Keystone passed, and the lack of new drilling on public lands, I don't know how one could argue with what Pickens has said.

Tom
10-30-2012, 03:16 PM
How is it that his views on fracking are not widely known?

:lol:

Steve R
10-30-2012, 04:13 PM
From the September 12 issue of Business Insider: "President Obama has quietly allowed hydraulic fracturing of shale oil and gas to proceed apace, reports Bloomberg's Jim Snyder, creating economic growth in key states heading into November's election.

In a special Bloomberg publication released during the conventions, Snyder writes that while Obama has turned the opening of renewable energy plants into high-profile events, he has purposefully not joined the anti-fracking movement emanating from the left."

bigmack
10-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I cannot find what the President's position on fracking is
It just doesn't matter.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/ObamaCounter.png

JustRalph
10-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Obama's EPA has been forced to back off on fracking in two court cases if my memory serves me right.

That's the only reaon it's not an issue. They have lost on it already