PDA

View Full Version : Romnesia? It's in the Dictionary

maddog42
10-30-2012, 07:54 AM
I paraphrased from the Urban Dictionary

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Romnesia

1 The act of forgetting a statement or belief when you had previously expressed the opposite point of view.

2 The ability of the very wealthy to forget the context in which they made
or inherited their money.

3 A mental disorder which allows you to say absolutely anything to win an election. Even if you don't believe it or have said the opposite in the past.

4 The ability to pull a lie from the deepest recesses of one's ass in order to completely contradict your earlier recorded statements.

5 A condition where one continually and repeatedly changes up, back tracks
or sidesteps his or hers own previous stated position.

6 A condition which afflicts GOP members and supporters exemplified by contradicting statements and a perma-grin.

(a) To flip flop.
(b) to black out

Hoofhearted
10-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Heh heh,
How true !
Thanks for bringing this to universal attention.

I would also have added another aspect to Romnesia -- a condition enabling one to forget in public that one espouses such insane beliefs as "The White Horse Prophesy" and the "End Of The Age" viewpoint as is endorsed by his crazed-cult Mormon Church.

Tom
10-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Crazed out church?
What do you call the one Obama sat in for 20 years? :rolleyes:
Never met a Mormon who wasn't a salt of the earth person.
And I've met thousands of them.

RaceBookJoe
10-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Crazed out church?
What do you call the one Obama sat in for 20 years? :rolleyes:
And I've met thousands of them.

Agree Tom, while not a fan of the Morman beliefs, the Morman people are top-notch. Very friendly, amazing family units, hard-working and successful business owners..and living in Vegas you meet thousands of them.

Greyfox
10-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Heh heh,
How true !

Heh heh, How true? :rolleyes:

Simple things amuse simple minds.

I wonder if maddog could answer:

"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"

bigmack
10-30-2012, 12:09 PM
insane beliefs as "The White Horse Prophesy" and the "End Of The Age" viewpoint as is endorsed by his crazed-cult Mormon Church.
This coming from you, the hypersensitive dweeb who yapped about unrest in the MiddleEast due an 'insensitive" video. No wait, it had NOTHING to do with a video. Wow, what colossal hypocrite you are.
----------

maddog, remains in his 60's with a mind like a prepubescent. How'd ya like to hang with him for over 5 minutes? :eek:

maddog42
10-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Agree Tom, while not a fan of the Morman beliefs, the Morman people are top-notch. Very friendly, amazing family units, hard-working and successful business owners..and living in Vegas you meet thousands of them.

Are you implying some of them gamble? I am shocked!!

Seriously, every Mormon I ever met seemed like a fine person. However I have never met a Mormon worth $250-400 million.

Greyfox
10-30-2012, 12:11 PM
However I have never met a Mormon worth $250-400 million.

And of course you've met a lot of other people of other faiths who are worth that much. :lol:

boxcar
10-30-2012, 12:13 PM

Seriously, every Mormon I ever met seemed like a fine person. However I have never met a Mormon worth $250-400 million.

How is the amount of money a person has relative to a person's faith?

Boxcar

maddog42
10-30-2012, 12:22 PM
How is the amount of money a person has relative to a person's faith?

Boxcar

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

I think there is some truth in that. I also note that the Bible doesn't say it won't happen, just nearly impossible.

elysiantraveller
10-30-2012, 12:33 PM
"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

I think there is some truth in that. I also note that the Bible doesn't say it won't happen, just nearly impossible.

Please tell me you DID NOT just quote scripture to Boxcar!?!? :faint:

boxcar
10-30-2012, 12:38 PM

Have you ever made that same observation about all the wealthy Jews in the world?

And what is it to you whether Romney makes it into the Kingdom of God or not? Why would his spiritual condition concern you? What personal stake do you have in someone else's spiritual state and the divine judgement that person will face?

And your interpretation of the passage is wrong. If you had bothered to try to understand the passage in its context, you would have read further down to verse 24 in Matthew 19, and you would have discovered that it is impossible with men!

Boxcar

boxcar
10-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Please tell me you DID NOT just quote scripture to Boxcar!?!? :faint:

Not to worry, Elysian...He didn't get it right. :D

Boxcar

ceejay
10-30-2012, 01:53 PM
From the President on the Jay Leno show (paraphrasing). The cure to Romnesia is ObamaCare. It covers pre-existing conditions. :lol:

Tom
10-30-2012, 01:55 PM
But the audience has to pay for it.

maddog42
10-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Not to worry, Elysian...He didn't get it right. :D

Boxcar

This is what King James and his merry band of translators decided was correct
about 500 years ago.

Tom
10-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Been wrong a long time, then.

maddog42
10-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Have you ever made that same observation about all the wealthy Jews in the world?

And what is it to you whether Romney makes it into the Kingdom of God or not? Why would his spiritual condition concern you? What personal stake do you have in someone else's spiritual state and the divine judgement that person will face?

And your interpretation of the passage is wrong. If you had bothered to try to understand the passage in its context, you would have read further down to verse 24 in Matthew 19, and you would have discovered that it is impossible with men!

Boxcar

Thanks for proving my point. So you are saying Romney is going straight to hell. I kinda figured that. I would like to know the exact amount of money I can attain and still get into heaven. Whatever amount you come up with Boxcar, I'm staying under that.

johnhannibalsmith
10-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Do people actually find this "Romnesia" line funny? Or is it just humor out of convenience? It's not that I disagree with what Obama's point is, but I don't understand people falling over themselves to repeat it and pretend like it is comedy gold. Romnesia, horse and bayonets, binders... damn we are simpletons.

bigmack
10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't understand people falling over themselves to repeat it and pretend like it is comedy gold. Romnesia, horse and bayonets, binders... damn we are simpletons.
Who's we ?

maddog42
10-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Do people actually find this "Romnesia" line funny? Or is it just humor out of convenience? It's not that I disagree with what Obama's point is, but I don't understand people falling over themselves to repeat it and pretend like it is comedy gold. Romnesia, horse and bayonets, binders... damn we are simpletons.

Hard to argue with anything you said John. Lowbrow humor was all I was trying to achieve.

Tom
10-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Who's we ?

He's got a binder full of them!

maddog42
10-30-2012, 03:00 PM
He's got a binder full of them!

LOL.

Actor
10-30-2012, 03:07 PM
And I've met thousands of them.Have you met Warren Jeffs?

RaceBookJoe
10-30-2012, 03:18 PM

Not implying anything, just Vegas has a lot of Mormons living here. Im sure some gamble, just like I as a Christian still sins. Cant say i have met one worth as much as you write, but i never ask what anyone is worth..and how much someone is worth makes no difference to me. Seems like it has become a crime to be a success and worth a lot of money, especially if you ask the "poor". The difference between rich and poor...poor people look to the past while rich people are always looking to the future.

Tom
10-30-2012, 03:19 PM
He wasn't at Hill Cumorah the last few years.

bigmack
10-30-2012, 03:56 PM
On a more clever note:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/22-6.jpg

elysiantraveller
10-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Hard to argue with anything you said John. Lowbrow humor was all I was trying to achieve.

I'm not going to lie I thought "Romneyhood" from back in the summer was hilarious.

"Romnesia" though I think is trying too hard and simply the last gasps of a dying campaign.

What was funny in the summer isn't as funny 7 days out.

Hoofhearted
10-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Crazed out church?

I've never met one of them that I could honestly describe as a "normal human being".
Each one was anti-alcohol, anti-tobacco, anti-gambling; even anti-coffee and anti-tea. They're worse than the f***ing Taliban.
To a man, each one of them was too squeaky clean for normality. But it gets worse, they are through indocrination of their church an archly conservative bunch. Dig a little deeper in conversation with any of them, and you will realise that they are also anti-Gay and variously anti-Black. Truly a nasty little lot.

Now, if the decent people of the USA want to vote a billionaire tax-avoiding member of this church as President, then, that is their prerogative; but I hope those same decent people realise the inevitable consequences of doing so. The rest of the world waits in trepidation.

Greyfox
10-30-2012, 04:38 PM
They're worse than the f***ing Taliban.

Yeah sure. They probably behead infidels too. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
10-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Have you met Warren Jeffs?

Yeah, like Romney and Jeffs have anything in common.

You have never met a Mormon with a100 million? How about one that's given 30% of that to charity?

bigmack
10-30-2012, 04:40 PM
I've never met one of them that I could honestly describe as a "normal human being".
Each one was anti-alcohol, anti-tobacco, anti-gambling; even anti-coffee and anti-tea. They're worse than the f***ing Taliban.
To a man, each one of them was too squeaky clean for normality. But it gets worse, they are through indocrination of their church an archly conservative bunch. Dig a little deeper in conversation with any of them, and you will realise that they are also anti-Gay and variously anti-Black. Truly a nasty little lot.

Now, if the decent people of the USA want to vote a billionaire tax-avoiding member of this church as President, then, that is their prerogative; but I hope those same decent people realise the inevitable consequences of doing so. The rest of the world waits in trepidation.
What a piece of work YOU are. Just a few weeks ago you were REVOLTED by a video supposedly offensive to another religion and here you are with PALPABLE HATRED for another religion.

Gawd, I love it. Seethe in your hatred. :lol:

ArlJim78
10-30-2012, 04:44 PM

what a steaming pile of crap. much like all of your bigoted contributions here.

are you familiar with Mia Love?
http://nevadanewsandviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Mia-Love-300x199.jpg

johnhannibalsmith
10-30-2012, 04:55 PM

Aren't you the same sensitive, ponderous humanist that was carrying on and on with implications that saying anything bad about muslims was "hate speech" and then you post his utter and complete lunacy?

I think the most truthful part of this diatribe ended after the sixth word of the opening salvo.

Dahoss9698
10-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Interesting as always who you guys decide to go after.

Fair and balanced. :lol:

Hoofhearted
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Johnhannibalsmith, I struggle to find anything much hateful in my post. It was an honest statement of facts as pertaining to the Mormon church and the members of that church.
However, on reflection I will readily admit that the phrase " a nasty little lot" was injudicious and ill-chosen. I happily and apologetically withdraw the remark and would like to replace it with " a too clean-for-comfort and too conservative little lot".

are you familiar with Mia Love?

Never heard of her, so I googled the lady.
And yet I fail to see the point you are trying to make.
Yes, she's a member of the LDS church .............. one of the small 5% of Blacks who are Mormons. And the vast majority of that 5% are outside the USA -- in Brazil, East Africa etc where the church has been extensively proselytizing.
It would also appear that Mia Love was converted to the church by her future husband who she was dating at the time. Indeed, love can make many a person do something that they would not normally do. It would seem possible that love persuaded Love to become a Mormon. :D

A further internet search tells me the following about the Mormon church's historical attitude towards Blacks:
"From 1852 to 1978, the LDS Church had a policy against ordaining men of African descent to the priesthood.[72] The church had previously been criticized for its policy during the civil rights movement, but the change came in 1978 and was prompted primarily by problems facing mixed race converts in Brazil".

johnhannibalsmith
10-30-2012, 05:44 PM

...You talk of "Freedom Of Speech" -- with that Freedom also comes responsibility about how you use it. Freedom of Speech becomes a sharp weapon when you use F.o.S. to incite hate, cast insults or offend other people's sensitivities. Making a film with the sole purpose of mocking an entire religion is borderline criminal, in-my-opinion....

...just as the equivalent anti-Muslim stuff is equally offensive to Muslims. In my perfect world there would be no room for any of this rubbish. All of this stuff only serves to create divisions between peoples and creeds. ...

This really shouldn't be too hard to compute DaHoss. I have no use for religion. Me personally. I don't rail against the religions of others or harbor any resentment because of which God people pray to because they pretty much are equally irrelevant to me. I just assume that people get out of them what they need and hope that it helps them in life.

You think that simply because this guy posted something extremely harsh about an entire group of people because of their religion that I chose to pipe up because it happens to be Mitt Romney's religion? Really?

Two things here - I don't see how you can talk about besmirching an entire group of people in one context and then turn around and do it to another group in an almost identical fashion and not expect to catch some grief. If he had never made those previous comments, and the part that I objected to at the time, done so as a case for restriction on expression, I would only be bringing you my second objection.

That objection being - I don't know which Mormons this guy knows, if any. I'm guessing that these opinions must be based upon those that come to the door once a year. I know many, many, many Mormons - never met one until I moved west - now I know plenty of them his characterizations are such a shoddy stereotype that it makes him look as ignorant as any perpetuator of stereotypes that he would ordinarily be yelping about.

But, I'm sure that's just too obvious a reason to object, it would have to be about Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, neither one of which I could give a flying intercourse about.

bigmack
10-30-2012, 05:56 PM
A further internet search tells me the following about the Mormon church's historical attitude towards Blacks
Keep looking. See if you can find anything about Muslim views/treatment of women & children. THEN, see if you can find Mormons shooting children in the head.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/International/ap_malala_yousufzai_nt_121019_wg.jpg

Dahoss9698
10-30-2012, 06:13 PM
You think that simply because this guy posted something extremely harsh about an entire group of people because of their religion that I chose to pipe up because it happens to be Mitt Romney's religion? Really?

This was a quite a leap.

ElKabong
10-30-2012, 10:51 PM
But the audience has to pay for it.

That's the way Democrats like it. "Siphoning off the Middle Class Since 1964"

ElKabong
10-30-2012, 10:57 PM

That's a lot of fear you're showing with that rant. Join a gym. Lift some weights. Feel better about yourself.

Then drink some alcohol, have a smoke, bet on the #5 horse and drink some tea. You'll realize this stuff you posted was rubbish and life will be good once again.....

Tom
10-31-2012, 07:55 AM
To a man, each one of them was too squeaky clean for normality.

You would prefer them to sink down to your level? :rolleyes:

Tom
10-31-2012, 07:58 AM

A guy condemns a whole group of people and calls them "too decent" and you question that.
I understand it, but it is just too stupid when you actually read it.
But really, it makes sense coming from you.

Dahoss9698
10-31-2012, 08:27 AM
A guy condemns a whole group of people and calls them "too decent" and you question that.
I understand it, but it is just too stupid when you actually read it.
But really, it makes sense coming from you.
I'm not a slow adult, so I'm not really sure what you are saying here. It helps if you organize your thoughts.

What I said was it is interesting to me who you guys (and I use the term guys loosely as a lot of you are obviously menopausal) decide to go after. In other words, I'm saying you are very inconsistent with who you decide to take to task for what they say.

We both know you can't refute it, so just cry that I'm stalking you (even though you respond to me FAR more than I do you) and let's move on.

Tom
10-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Move on.....that is funny.

kingfin66
10-31-2012, 06:46 PM

Politicians typically try to have a catchy phrase; a sound bite if you will, work its way into the public consciousness. This appears to be an attempt at that.

Greyfox
10-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Is "Oh bummer" catchy?

kingfin66
10-31-2012, 08:34 PM
No, but neither is Romnesia. The phrase I liked was when, during the GOP debates, Sarah Palin referred to Mitt and Newt collectively as Newt Romney.

Greyfox
10-31-2012, 11:10 PM
No, but neither is Romnesia. The phrase I liked was when, during the GOP debates, Sarah Palin referred to Mitt and Newt collectively as Newt Romney.

Newt Romnney? Yeah, sure. That's catchy. :rolleyes:

kingfin66
11-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Context is everything is delivery.