PDA

View Full Version : Your best bet for Week 9 NFL.

Stillriledup
10-30-2012, 02:47 AM
When did NFL handicapping become so easy? :lol:

Dallas +4.5 at Atlanta.

I'd be shocked if Dallas didnt win this game outright. Atlanta has been more impressive on the road than at home and Dallas has been more impressive on the road than at home also. Dallas was visually impressive between the lines vs NYG last time, Whitten was an absolute unstoppable beast, yeah, give me 4.5 in this game all day long. If Bryant's fingernail is in bounds on that last TD, the perception of Dallas would be completely different. This is the best 3 and 4 team in the NFL by far, grab the Star in a must win vs a team who doesnt need the game at all.

Bettowin
10-30-2012, 09:55 AM

Dallas +4.5 at Atlanta.

I'd be shocked if Dallas didnt win this game outright. Atlanta has been more impressive on the road than at home and Dallas has been more impressive on the road than at home also. Dallas was visually impressive between the lines vs NYG last time, Whitten was an absolute unstoppable beast, yeah, give me 4.5 in this game all day long. If Bryant's fingernail is in bounds on that last TD, the perception of Dallas would be completely different. This is the best 3 and 4 team in the NFL by far, grab the Star in a must win vs a team who doesnt need the game at all.

I don't trust Dallas at all and the Falcons can put up some big points. I am looking elsewhere but will wait till later this week. Maybe Bears/Titans under whatever the number is?

Valuist
10-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Its Breeders Cup week. I'm probably passing. Too many good betting opportunities.....I think I've had 4 BC's which were my top day that year.

Marshall Bennett
10-30-2012, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't bet on Dallas if they were playing anyone in the league. They've already proven to be a horrible risk. :cool:

Valuist
10-30-2012, 12:13 PM

Dallas +4.5 at Atlanta.

I understand your thinking, and I have said that Atlanta is a bit flawed.

Having said that, Dallas is vulnerable to any team that can force turnovers, particularly INTs. Atlanta's D is very capable of that. Peyton Manning has thrown 4 INTs all year and 3 came against Atlanta. They also need a healthy DeMarco Murray, and I'm not sure he is playing.

horses4courses
10-30-2012, 12:27 PM
If Tampa Bay was able to win in Minnesota last week, anything close to a repeat will have them winning in Oakland.
Chiefs made the Raiders look good.
Chiefs make everyone look good........

rastajenk
10-30-2012, 12:27 PM
If Bryant's fingernail is in bounds on that last TD...
I'd like to know by what rules of logic it is determined that a guy whose ass end (and knee, feet, etc) lands cleanly in the field of play is denied a touchdown, but another guy who flies out of bounds in the vicinity of the pylon is given one. I don't doubt the Colts ballcarrier (and countless others like him) made a terrific effort there in overtime, but I also have no doubt Bryant landed in the end zone. Makes no sense to me. :confused:

Dahoss9698
10-30-2012, 01:01 PM
I'd like to know by what rules of logic it is determined that a guy whose ass end (and knee, feet, etc) lands cleanly in the field of play is denied a touchdown, but another guy who flies out of bounds in the vicinity of the pylon is given one. I don't doubt the Colts ballcarrier (and countless others like him) made a terrific effort there in overtime, but I also have no doubt Bryant landed in the end zone. Makes no sense to me. :confused:
Bryant's hand hit out of bounds before his ass landed in.

Hard to believe you missed that after they showed the replay a couple of hundred times and even blew up the picture of it happening.

It was an incredible catch, but the right call.

rastajenk
10-30-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm not questioning the officials.

Relwob Owner
10-30-2012, 01:15 PM

I read your post as questioning the rule,not the call, correct?

rastajenk
10-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Yes, sir.

Dahoss9698
10-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Seems pretty simple to me. His hand landed out of bounds first....so it was not a TD.

The officials ruled the Colts guy scored because his head hit the pylon before the rest of his body landed out of bounds. Those are the rules. You hit the pylon...it's a TD. You don't have to be in the endzone, just hit the pylon.

what is so confusing?

Stillriledup
10-30-2012, 09:27 PM

The first bodypart that hit the ground hit out of bounds, that's how the rules work. Logic or not, that's how it works.

Robert Fischer
10-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Dallas +4.5 at Atlanta.

Could go either way.

There are a few teams (Cowboys, Steelers come to mind), that can play with anyone on their day, regardless of their overall body of work.

ESPN Power Rankings have ATL #1 , and DAL #14. Neither is probably perfectly accurate.
Lot of fan talk about how "terrible" Romo is.

Could go either way.

Relwob Owner
10-30-2012, 09:52 PM
The first bodypart that hit the ground hit out of bounds, that's how the rules work. Logic or not, that's how it works.

He made it clear in post #11 that he wasn't questioning the call, but the rule itself. I am fairly certain he knows how the rules work.

Dahoss9698
10-30-2012, 10:08 PM
He made it clear in post #11 that he wasn't questioning the call, but the rule itself. I am fairly certain he knows how the rules work.
Since he'd rather take cheap shots than use his words, maybe you can answer for him.

What is wrong with the rule?

Relwob Owner
10-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Since he'd rather take cheap shots than use his words, maybe you can answer for him.

What is wrong with the rule?

I don't think anything is wrong with the rule.

Robert Fischer
10-31-2012, 01:18 AM
I like the Broncos to win by more than 3.5pts.

it looks like a trap, but I don't think it is, and I think the line will move up to at least 4 by gameday.

rastajenk
10-31-2012, 06:23 AM
What cheap shots?

Valuist
10-31-2012, 10:26 AM

it looks like a trap, but I don't think it is, and I think the line will move up to at least 4 by gameday.

I like Cincy in that game. Teams off byes have been exceptional, and home dogs in non-divisional games are solid.

Bettowin
10-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Chicago and Tennessee under 43 1/2.

Robert Fischer
10-31-2012, 12:39 PM
I like Cincy in that game. Teams off byes have been exceptional, and home dogs in non-divisional games are solid.

I'm surprised to see Manning as the leader in both QBR and Rating. His first game or so back he looked rusty.
Manning is at the point with chemistry where he is basically his own offensive coordinator.
Everything in the NFL is in favor of basically 2 things = Elite QB and Elite coordinator.

Barring extreme weather conditions, or a conspiracy to fix the point spread, this should be a two score game until garbage time.

Valuist
10-31-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm surprised to see Manning as the leader in both QBR and Rating. His first game or so back he looked rusty.
Manning is at the point with chemistry where he is basically his own offensive coordinator.
Everything in the NFL is in favor of basically 2 things = Elite QB and Elite coordinator.

Barring extreme weather conditions, or a conspiracy to fix the point spread, this should be a two score game until garbage time.

That's the ESPN explanation. Everything is passing. In the NFL I see, its about balance. Yes, one needs a competent QB. Also need a strong pass rush and you need to be able to run the ball good enough so you can burn clock when you have a lead. Also, if you can't run the ball, defenses don't respect you on play action. Defenses catch up to one dimensional teams. Even the unbeatable Pats in 2007 and near unbeatable Rams in 2001 found that out.

Robert Fischer
10-31-2012, 03:01 PM
That's the ESPN explanation. Everything is passing. In the NFL I see, its about balance. Yes, one needs a competent QB. Also need a strong pass rush and you need to be able to run the ball good enough so you can burn clock when you have a lead. Also, if you can't run the ball, defenses don't respect you on play action. Defenses catch up to one dimensional teams. Even the unbeatable Pats in 2007 and near unbeatable Rams in 2001 found that out.

I can agree with that. In the playoffs especially, the importance of balance seems to be magnified.

Striker
10-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Miami -2 over Colts

Relwob Owner
10-31-2012, 08:26 PM

Dallas +4.5 at Atlanta.

Dallas is one of the most inconsistent teams in the league and I wouldn't ever consider them to be a "easy bet" in any game they play.

Stillriledup
11-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Dallas is one of the most inconsistent teams in the league and I wouldn't ever consider them to be a "easy bet" in any game they play.

The term 'inconsistent' is a media created word. Watch the games, dont listen to what the media tells you.

Relwob Owner
11-01-2012, 12:34 AM
The term 'inconsistent' is a media created word. Watch the games, dont listen to what the media tells you.

I watch tons of games and don't watch many pre or post game shows.....they annoy me, as they are mostly filled with guys trying to out scream each other. What I do is looks at stats and pay attention to the games I am watching.

Lets look at the Cowboys quarterback and his passer rating and when done, use a word to describe his play. From Week 1 through last week:

A word to describe this? Inconsistent....not created by the media but by the dictionary to explain a guy like Romo's play. Why you would want to guess which Romo will show up and try to be on it is beyond me.

Since you were kind enough to tell me what to watch and what not to listen to, I will pass on some advice to you. Lose the condescending attitude like the one you brought to your response to me....it doesn't suit you.

Valuist
11-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I watch tons of games and don't watch many pre or post game shows.....they annoy me, as they are mostly filled with guys trying to out scream each other. What I do is looks at stats and pay attention to the games I am watching.

Lets look at the Cowboys quarterback and his passer rating and when done, use a word to describe his play. From Week 1 through last week:

A word to describe this? Inconsistent....not created by the media but by the dictionary to explain a guy like Romo's play. Why you would want to guess which Romo will show up and try to be on it is beyond me.

Since you were kind enough to tell me what to watch and what not to listen to, I will pass on some advice to you. Lose the condescending attitude like the one you brought to your response to me....it doesn't suit you.

I agree. Inconsistent is exactly the word to describe Dallas. I guess erratic is another accurate word for them. They looked so good on opening night, handling the Giants on their home turf. Then in other games where Romo is throwing picks, they look like they'd have their hands full against Jax or KC.

Robert Fischer
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
I agree. Inconsistent is exactly the word to describe Dallas. I guess erratic is another accurate word for them. They looked so good on opening night, handling the Giants on their home turf. Then in other games where Romo is throwing picks, they look like they'd have their hands full against Jax or KC.

Yea, Romo is fairly talented but is prone to mistakes and bad judgement. Ditto Dez Bryant.
Desperately needs a conservative O-Coordinator who can "steer" Romo in safe waters, and provide enough of a Run mix. Jason Garrett is not lol. :D

cj's dad
11-01-2012, 02:20 PM
The Browns gave the Ravens all they could handle the first meeting. A dropped pass at the goal line with 3-4 minutes left could have cost the Browns a win. The game was in Baltimore.

I can't bet against the Ravens, so I will pass.

I will say this; the Ravens O line is not very good at the tackles. This is why Flacco is ducking and diving some of the time. Michael Oher (The Blind Side) is a good run blocker but gets killed in pass protection as does the other tackle.

Yes, the Ravens got Suggs back but they sorely miss Jarrett Johnson at LB. Ray Lewis' loss is from a leadership standpoint only; his play this year was sub-par.

The loss of Lardarius Webb at CB is huge.

My non-betting pick of the week is the Browns +4.

pktruckdriver
11-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Miami, no matter the points !!!

Stillriledup
11-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Dallas now +3.5, you needed to jump on this when i released it!

Robert Fischer
11-03-2012, 06:42 PM
on a similar note, this game is now Broncos -4. :ThmbUp:

this is a good sign for the conspiracy folks too.

headhawg
11-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Bears -3.5

Marshall Bennett
11-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Jaguars +6

Rookies
11-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Chi -3.5

Robert Fischer
11-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I fell asleep...
What is this? Broncos by 8?

I don't know... I didn't see the game to see if the score reflects the difference in teams or not. :ThmbUp:

EDIT - wow the line went up to FIVE.

Robert Fischer
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Dallas +4.5 at Atlanta.

Dallas offensive coordinator/coach is doing everything in their power to give Atlanta a good chance to win.

Best play of the day was a run up the middle after long Dallas pass. Temporary sanity.

Then they went back to slow developing runs, and letting Romo improvise. :confused:

Top it all off with a FG attempt from out of range to give ATL prime real estate.

Relwob Owner
11-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Dallas now +3.5, you needed to jump on this when i released it!

I hope you learned your lesson. Don't bet on inconstant teams :cool:

Marshall Bennett
11-05-2012, 03:13 PM
I won't bet on the Cowboys when they do appear consistent, they'll just as quickly become inconsistent.

Stillriledup
11-12-2012, 02:39 AM

Dallas was a mortal lock this week and they won. I knew Atl was 'overtated' and i was a week too soon.

Not all fantastic picks win. In retrospect, knowing what you know now, the Boys were the right side in this game.

Betting on teams that are under .500 that are MUCH better than their record indicates is the key to beating the NFL. Dallas fit that mold last week.