PDA

View Full Version : Is Churchill Downs really hurting?

sandpit
10-28-2012, 10:51 PM
And I thought other tracks had attendance problems...Here's a curious headline I stumbled on tonight:

Hundreds attend opening of fall meet at Churchill Downs (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49591956/ns/local_news-louisville_ky/#.UI3uWGeQmSo)

precocity
10-28-2012, 10:55 PM
And I thought other tracks had attendance problems...Here's a curious headline I stumbled on tonight:

Hundreds attend opening of fall meet at Churchill Downs (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49591956/ns/local_news-louisville_ky/#.UI3uWGeQmSo)
LMAO!!! ITS COLD OUT THERE? THEY GOT THR DERBY RIGHT? NO PROBLEMS EHHH!!!

duncan04
10-28-2012, 10:57 PM

And they wanted to ADD September dates in 2013?? :bang:

Striker
10-29-2012, 01:19 PM
And they wanted to ADD September dates in 2013?? :bang:
Is that already a done deal?

1st time lasix
10-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Always love their opening card showcase of two year olds. A coincedence..... but Belmont ran all two year old races yesterday too. I take notes...read the charts again afterward in an attempt to uncover a future overlay from a key race. Doesn't always happen....but i have found that by remembering the names of young horses that make an impression [both +and-} it gives me a small edge in some baby races. They have another one late in the meet.

lamboguy
10-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Always love their opening card showcase of two year olds. A coincedence..... but Belmont ran all two year old races yesterday too. I take notes...read the charts again afterward in an attempt to uncover a future overlay from a key race. Doesn't always happen....but i have found that by remembering the names of young horses that make an impression [both +and-} it gives me a small edge in some baby races. They have another one late in the meet.i always love the 2 yo days that tracks like Belmont, Calder and Churchill put on. but i feel bad for the crew at the starting gate, they are underpaid for those days!

Cholly
10-29-2012, 02:48 PM
i always love the 2 yo days that tracks like Belmont, Calder and Churchill put on. but i feel bad for the crew at the starting gate, they are underpaid for those days!

Echo that comment; those poor guys at BEL yesterday seemed to have an endless stream of "adventures". The annual "all 2YO" card must be the day of the year they dread most.

duncan04
10-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Is that already a done deal?

Yes its a done deal.

mannyberrios
10-29-2012, 07:05 PM
i always love the 2 yo days that tracks like Belmont, Calder and Churchill put on. but i feel bad for the crew at the starting gate, they are underpaid for those days!
They are underpaid everyday

RaceBookJoe
10-29-2012, 07:33 PM
I got to finally got to Churchill last year for the Breeders Cup and really enjoyed the track. Would recommend making CD a destination at least once..for the history if anything else. Even with the larger crowds for the BC, i found everything about Louisville/Churchill very inviting and comfortable...flying in/renting a car/the hotel i stayed etc...everything was extrememely easy/convenient.

BMustang
10-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Echo that comment; those poor guys at BEL yesterday seemed to have an endless stream of "adventures". The annual "all 2YO" card must be the day of the year they dread most.

The New York gate crew has an endless stream of "adventures" everyday.

They are either political appointees, or highly unionized with no threat of losing their jobs. It is unfortunate that the top grade of horseflesh in the nation is handled by the least competent gate crew.