PDA

View Full Version : TVG Community closing Nov.1st

BombsAway Bob
10-28-2012, 02:28 AM
While i thought they had far too many threads on the website,
it's a shame to see a racing site that got some casual fans to visit closing.
https://www.tvg.com/page/communityclosing

redshift1
10-28-2012, 03:23 AM
The landscape is changing. Who knew five years ago that a former Dodger catcher would be one of the prominent TV personalities on TVG and a pretty good one at that.

usedtolovetvg
10-28-2012, 08:41 AM
A small group thought it was their own personal little playground. Stephen Burn hates it. So do the commentators who are often viciously attacked. The site got out of control.

Dave Schwartz
10-28-2012, 11:05 AM
If you guys are regulars there, you should consider trying to drive traffic here over the next few days.

Just an idea.

the little guy
10-28-2012, 11:08 AM
If you guys are regulars there, you should consider trying to drive traffic here over the next few days.

Just an idea.

An idea you hardly thought through. It's akin to " this is terrible....here, taste it. "

usedtolovetvg
10-28-2012, 11:14 AM
If you guys are regulars there, you should consider trying to drive traffic here over the next few days. Just an idea.

You don't want what's left of those posters. They are vicious and self-absorbed. Although, it would keep your mods busy. The kids they had moderating at TVG lost control.

BTW, you can still register and post whatever you want until Nov. 1. Just go to community.tvg.com

DeltaLover
10-28-2012, 11:58 AM
A casual look to this board is an easy confirmation why PA is by far the best...

I have to admit that PA is doing something really good!

Marshall Bennett
10-28-2012, 12:28 PM
The Community is more of a community chat room than a true forum. The sports section and lounge (off-topic) is okay, but even the lounge like most of the site is lacking maturity badly. Members are awarded kudos for post that other members feel are outstanding. It's more of a popularity contest than anything else. The number of kudos are tabulated daily and posted for each section so members can keep up with who's the best poster The moderators have to really scramble to keep up with all the nonsense and constant attacks throughout the site. Members get banned regularly and often return with a new screen names to continue the corruption.
There's no comparison between Pace Advantage and the TVG Community. It's almost like comparing college with nursery school. I post there occasionally and won't miss it one bit. They should have taken it down a long long time ago.

Al Gobbi
10-28-2012, 01:34 PM
I posted over there as well, and figured eventually it was going to close after the continuous attacks by trolls which prompted many to leave or reduce posts.

CincyHorseplayer
10-28-2012, 02:22 PM
This place gets heated.Any place with high IQ's,experience,and passion gets that way.Add in the usual internet flamers and things get crazy.This is the one and only for me though.No place as solid.Great people,which counts most.

JustRalph
10-28-2012, 04:07 PM
The landscape is changing. Who knew five years ago that a former Dodger catcher would be one of the prominent TV personalities on TVG and a pretty good one at that.

Fits right in, considering the athletes involved with both sports

From wiki:

"On December 13, 2007, Lo Duca was named in the Mitchell Report in his connection with human growth hormone (HGH). Lo Duca allegedly received the HGH from former clubhouse attendant and known steroids dealer Kirk Radomski, who produced three checks from Lo Duca totaling $3200. Federal investigators also seized handwritten notes from Lo Duca to Radomski during a search of Radomski's house. The report also claims that Lo Duca introduced several other baseball players to Radomski, including Adam Riggs, Kevin Brown, Eric Gagné, and Matt Herges.[9]
The Mitchell Report cites an October 2003 meeting among Dodgers officials that included discussion of the possible use of steroids by some players. The notes of the meeting say:
“ Steroids aren’t being used anymore on him. Big part of this. Might have some value to trade . . . Florida might have interest. . . . Got off the steroids . . . Took away a lot of hard line drives. . . . Can get comparable value back would consider trading. . . . If you do trade him, will get back on the stuff and try to show you he can have a good year. That’s his makeup. Comes to play. Last year of contract, playing for 05.[10] ”
Six months later the Dodgers traded Lo Duca to the Florida Marlins. Mitchell did not identify the Dodgers officials involved, nor if other players were traded because they stopped taking steroids.."

Stillriledup
10-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Fits right in, considering the athletes involved with both sports

From wiki:

"On December 13, 2007, Lo Duca was named in the Mitchell Report in his connection with human growth hormone (HGH). Lo Duca allegedly received the HGH from former clubhouse attendant and known steroids dealer Kirk Radomski, who produced three checks from Lo Duca totaling $3200. Federal investigators also seized handwritten notes from Lo Duca to Radomski during a search of Radomski's house. The report also claims that Lo Duca introduced several other baseball players to Radomski, including Adam Riggs, Kevin Brown, Eric Gagné, and Matt Herges.[9]
The Mitchell Report cites an October 2003 meeting among Dodgers officials that included discussion of the possible use of steroids by some players. The notes of the meeting say:
“ Steroids aren’t being used anymore on him. Big part of this. Might have some value to trade . . . Florida might have interest. . . . Got off the steroids . . . Took away a lot of hard line drives. . . . Can get comparable value back would consider trading. . . . If you do trade him, will get back on the stuff and try to show you he can have a good year. That’s his makeup. Comes to play. Last year of contract, playing for 05.[10] ”
Six months later the Dodgers traded Lo Duca to the Florida Marlins. Mitchell did not identify the Dodgers officials involved, nor if other players were traded because they stopped taking steroids.."

Wasnt Mitchell biased towards the Boston Red Sox? Can we really believe anything he says?

Tom
10-28-2012, 05:24 PM

Just an idea.

Baton down the hatches!!!!:eek:

JustRalph
10-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Wasnt Mitchell biased towards the Boston Red Sox? Can we really believe anything he says?

Point taken.

I am very sensitive to an entire lost decade plus in baseball. He was one of the offenders (apparently) and in a time where Lance Armstrong is being excoriated, these baseball guys are being forgotten. They did the same thing and made more money most of the time.

PhantomOnTour
10-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Point taken.

I am very sensitive to an entire lost decade plus in baseball. He was one of the offenders (apparently) and in a time where Lance Armstrong is being excoriated, these baseball guys are being forgotten. They did the same thing and made more money most of the time.
Agreed - baseball has lost me. The cancelled World Series in '94 or '95 (whenever it was) and turning the other cheek during rampant steroid use (hey, we gotta get the fans back!) and huge offensive numbers has done it for me.
It is good to see power numbers and averages get back to normal, but i'm too far gone. I'm a Reds fan and even though they have had two great seasons I've hardly watched at all.

usedtolovetvg
10-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Go see your kids or grandkids play their games. It means a lot more to everyone involved.

Tom
10-28-2012, 07:45 PM
I haven't watched baseball since the strike.
I do not miss it at all.

CincyHorseplayer
10-28-2012, 07:53 PM
While i thought they had far too many threads on the website,
it's a shame to see a racing site that got some casual fans to visit closing.
https://www.tvg.com/page/communityclosing

They love you over there Bob.You get name dropped like a muthatrucka on TVG.Keep twittering them.They'll listen!:cool:

CincyHorseplayer
10-28-2012, 08:36 PM
I forgot to add.This site has Tom.Cool as hell to all of us=troll put on ice machine.That's what other sites lack,a human control entity!Thank you Tom.

JustRalph
01-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Paul Lo Duca admits it in his twitter feed today. He is pissed that nobody got elected to the hall of fame

“@paulloduca16: I took PEDs and I'm not proud of it..but people that think you can take a shot or a pill and play like the legends on that ballot need help.”

NJ Stinks
01-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Paul Lo Duca admits it in his twitter feed today. He is pissed that nobody got elected to the hall of fame

“@paulloduca16: I took PEDs and I'm not proud of it..but people that think you can take a shot or a pill and play like the legends on that ballot need help.”

That's pretty interesting. I like Lo Duca but disagree completely here.

Stillriledup
01-09-2013, 07:34 PM

I agree. The results on the field should determine HOF or not HOF.

There needs to be statistical 'ins' that if you reach certain benchmarks, you're in...like 3,000 hits, or 500 HRs or 300 wins for a pitcher, etc.

There are a TON of 'performance enhancers' out there...aspirin, caffeine, pain killers, etc and those 'drugs' make you play better, every player who has ever played the game has taken some type of enhancer during the games and yet we're going to single out guys like Bonds and Clemens just because they're 2 of the best who ever played?

This makes no sense to me. If they played in the 'steroid era' than i would imagine that quite a few hitters that Clemens faced were on juice...doesnt that 'cancel out'? If Bonds faced pitchers who were on juice, i would imagine that would cancel itself out also.

therussmeister
01-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I saw this thread resurrected and found myself wondering what could anybody be saying months later that would merit commenting in a thread about TVG community.

I still find myself wondering. I can't figure why this post about baseball HOF wound up tacked onto this thread.

cj
01-09-2013, 10:55 PM
I saw this thread resurrected and found myself wondering what could anybody be saying months later that would merit commenting in a thread about TVG community.

I still find myself wondering. I can't figure why this post about baseball HOF wound up tacked onto this thread.

Because Paul is on TVG I guess. ON that note, lets close it.