PDA

View Full Version : Eventually Obama should be embarrassed

JustRalph
10-27-2012, 10:49 PM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20121027/OPINION03/121026026/The-Register-endorsement-Mitt-Romney-offers-a-fresh-economic-vision?Frontpage&nclick_check=1

First endorsement of a Repub since 72

Stillriledup
10-28-2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20121027/OPINION03/121026026/The-Register-endorsement-Mitt-Romney-offers-a-fresh-economic-vision?Frontpage&nclick_check=1

Fresh economic vision? :lol:

I cant wait for gas to drop from 4 bucks to 2 bucks overnight if he's elected. Yeah, that's the ticket! We all know that a new president elect can snap his fingers and gas will drop in half and he will be able to get rid of inflation on day 1.

johnhannibalsmith
10-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Do you just post anything about anything?

What are you even talking about?

It may not be a brilliant or even effective economic vision, but in the context, I think "fresh" is probably a reasonable term to use. Where do you come with gas prices? And why am I even replying to another of your mystifying posts. :lol:

Stillriledup
10-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Do you just post anything about anything?

What are you even talking about?

It may not be a brilliant or even effective economic vision, but in the context, I think "fresh" is probably a reasonable term to use. Where do you come with gas prices? And why am I even replying to another of your mystifying posts. :lol:

There are a ton of people who want Romney to win because gas is too expensive and they believe will come in and fix it and make it cheaper. Read message boards around cyberspace and at least half the people who are trumpeting Romney are saying that gas is too expensive and its Obama's fault and that's why they're voting for Romney. I kid you not, people actually believe that Romney will make gas prices and inflation go down if he's elected.

johnhannibalsmith
10-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Uh, okay. I think. :lol:

What name do you post under at Yahoo! comments? I knew some of these posts sounded familiar. :D

TJDave
10-28-2012, 05:21 AM

1972?

I wonder who that could have been ? :rolleyes:

JustRalph
10-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Wow, is there something missing in here?

mostpost
10-28-2012, 01:32 PM

Why should Obama be embarrassed? Is he the first incumbent president not to be endorsed by an insignificant midwest newspaper.

fast4522
10-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Plenty of reasons.

boxcar
10-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Why should Obama be embarrassed? Is he the first incumbent president not to be endorsed by an insignificant midwest newspaper.

I suppose you think the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel and the Orlando Sentinel are insignificant rags, too, eh?

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2012, 01:58 PM
There are a ton of people who want Romney to win because gas is too expensive and they believe will come in and fix it and make it cheaper. Read message boards around cyberspace and at least half the people who are trumpeting Romney are saying that gas is too expensive and its Obama's fault and that's why they're voting for Romney. I kid you not, people actually believe that Romney will make gas prices and inflation go down if he's elected.Really? A ton of people are voting based on gas prices?

I don't believe you.

fast4522
10-28-2012, 02:38 PM
How much does it cost Mike to fill his truck?

mostpost
10-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Really? A ton of people are voting based on gas prices?

I don't believe you.
It could be. A ton of people is only ten to twelve people of slightly above average weight.

so.cal.fan
10-28-2012, 02:41 PM
I will be voting for Romney because:

President Obama has promoted the decline of America.
We simply can't tolerate 4 more years of this man in the White House.

Stillriledup
10-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Uh, okay. I think. :lol:

What name do you post under at Yahoo! comments? I knew some of these posts sounded familiar. :D

I dont post at Yahoo comments.

Stillriledup
10-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Really? A ton of people are voting based on gas prices?

I don't believe you.

Its true! I promise!

HUSKER55
10-28-2012, 04:47 PM
so mostpost, if you say a ton of people are voting for BO because he is a democrat you are referring to JUST you and your neighbors :confused: :D

Track Collector
10-28-2012, 04:59 PM
There are a ton of people who want Romney to win because gas is too expensive and they believe will come in and fix it and make it cheaper. Read message boards around cyberspace and at least half the people who are trumpeting Romney are saying that gas is too expensive and its Obama's fault and that's why they're voting for Romney. I kid you not, people actually believe that Romney will make gas prices and inflation go down if he's elected.

I am one of those people who want Romney to win because I believe he can improve the current economic disaster and make our economy healthy again. I recognize that it will not happen overnight, but we have begin the journey as soon as possible. By their past ACTIONS, the current administration has shown they can not, or do not want, to enact the policies which will are needed to make us less dependent upon foreign energy sources, and once again make our economy strong.

As to the bolded text above, I think only the uninformed would believe that President's policies exist in a vacuum, and that they have no impact on the country we live in.

Take gasoline for example. As a commodity, prices are driven by supply and demand. (One could argue that prices are driven by speculative traders, but it still comes down to how much "perceived" supply and demand there will be.). Demand is only going to increase, as countries like China strive towards heavier industrialization. That leaves supply as the major component of the price equation which we can really have any type of impact on. There are huge oil resources available to us domestically, but our current administration is bent on choking out efforts to allow drilling on FEDERAL land. If we allowed subject drilling on FEDERAL lands 2 or 3 years ago, supplies today would be much higher, and gas prices would be much less.

You do realize too that oil-based products are used and required in a lot more places than just filling up our cars? Everything you buy, whether food or merchandise, has an associated transportation cost to move it to the marketplace. And chances are that somewhere in the supply chain an oil-based product was involved, either in the transportation or manufacturing of that product.

So it seems to me that regarding issues like gas prices, inflation, and a whole lot of other things, it really does make a difference whom we elect as President.

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Its true! I promise!Hey, considering during the Bush administration, many critics posted here that Bush was able to manipulate gas prices HIGHER for his "oil buddies," wouldn't it be prudent for whoever is President (Obama or Romney) to install George W. Bush as some sort of OIL CZAR in their administration, since he appears to be the ONLY President CAPABLE of directly influencing the price of gas and oil? Would putting a former President to work in your administration be constitutional? :lol:

After all, as gas prices have ROCKETED UP during the Obama administration, I see and read articles telling me the President really has NOT MUCH INFLUENCE when it comes to the price of gas and oil.

Quite a departure from what I was told from 2001-2009...

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Tom
10-28-2012, 05:42 PM
I will be voting for Romney because:

President Obama has promoted the decline of America.
We simply can't tolerate 4 more years of this man in the White House.

Amazing how much wisdom is in this one short post.
I will nod in your general direction when I cast my vote for the Mittster.
He may not be the "one" but he sure as hell is a better choice than the "other one!" :D

FantasticDan
10-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey, considering during the Bush administration, many critics posted here that Bush was able to manipulate gas prices HIGHER for his "oil buddies," wouldn't it be prudent for whoever is President (Obama or Romney) to install George W. Bush as some sort of OIL CZAR in their administration, since he appears to be the ONLY President CAPABLE of directly influencing the price of gas and oil? Would putting a former President to work in your administration be constitutional? :lol:
After all, as gas prices have ROCKETED UP during the Obama administration, I see and read articles telling me the President really has NOT MUCH INFLUENCE when it comes to the price of gas and oil.
Funny how that works, isn't it?Oh, I know, it's hilarious.. a sitting Prez taking heat for record gas prices, how strange, how out of bounds. Poor, poor Georgie. Yet another example of how he was treated so unjustly, so unfair. And we all know Obama has taken no criticism for high prices, despite loads of evidence to the contrary.

Did you know that Bush himself criticized Clinton in 2000 for not keeping prices in a constant downward trend during his tenure?

The point is, let it go already. You'd think after venting the demons of your Bush persecution complex over and over and over, you'd start to feel some closure. :sleeping:

Tom
10-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Thing is, a lot of the high prices are directly the fault of the democrats.
Take California - the stupid green regulations have gas far above the national average. Blame no one but democrats.

And you guys continually whine about new threads started that are anti-obamba, but Obama keeps on yapping about becoming energy independent, and has done not one constructive thing to get us there. If fact, he has thrown road blocks in front of that goal, yet he talks about it all the time, and not a peep out of you. In fact, not a peep out any of you guys about anything Obama has failed at. You like beeing a flock of sheep?
Baaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaa.

so.cal.fan
10-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Tom, we do not have enough jails/prisons in California to accomodate all the crooked/corrupt/criminal politicians in this state.
Especially Los Angeles.

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Oh, I know, it's hilarious.. a sitting Prez taking heat for record gas prices, how strange, how out of bounds. Poor, poor Georgie. Yet another example of how he was treated so unjustly, so unfair. And we all know Obama has taken no criticism for high prices, despite loads of evidence to the contrary.

Did you know that Bush himself criticized Clinton in 2000 for not keeping prices in a constant downward trend during his tenure?

The point is, let it go already. You'd think after venting the demons of your Bush persecution complex over and over and over, you'd start to feel some closure. :sleeping:What loads of evidence? Romney during the debates? Fox News? :lol:

There is absolutely no evidence of what you state. There has not been ANY criticism of Obama related to the price of gasoline ON THIS BOARD from the very people who criticized BUSH...NONE. That may be because some of them no longer post here, but there are a few who still do, and they remain inconsistently silent on the issue.

This board existed for MOST of the GWB administration...so there exists plenty of "compare and contrast evidence" available for someone like myself who has read virtually every post ever made on this website.

And forget talking about off-topic for a second...I have seen no criticism of Obama, and certainly nothing approaching Bush-levels, in the mainstream media. In fact, just the other day I linked to an article EXCUSING Obama for any REAL responsibility on gas/oil prices. They are so in the tank for this guy, THEY GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to excuse him...forget about blaming him, like they did Bush.

http://economywatch.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/17/14512956-gas-prices-theres-not-much-that-presidents-can-do-about-them?lite

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/voters-blame-president-for-gas-prices-experts-say-not-so-fast/2012/03/12/gIQA8fsO8R_story.html

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/03/opinion/verrastro-west-gas-prices/index.html

And prices are (or were not too long ago, they've come down a tad lately) as high as they ever were during the Bush years...at least Bush had actual skyrocketing oil prices to blame on why gas was over $4 gallon during his tenure.

Under Obama, oil is hovering around $90 a barrel while gas is hovering near the price per gallon it was when the price of oil was around $140 per barrel (at its height) under Bush. And currently, we are told:

"As shown below, crude oil inventories are not only above average, but they are also at record levels for this time of year."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/945761-crude-oil-inventories-surge

It doesn't make much sense all around...but you apparently have quite the handle on everything...instead of your usual snarkiness, how about something of substance pertaining to the points raised?

FantasticDan
10-28-2012, 06:43 PM
There is absolutely no evidence of what you state. There has not been ANY criticism of Obama related to the price of gasoline ON THIS BOARD from the very people who criticized BUSH...NONE. That may be because some of them no longer post here, but there are a few who still do, and they remain inconsistently silent on the issue.Why don't you go back and find me some evidence of all these Bush gas price attacks? Maybe Hcap started a thread? Maybe Secretariat? Oh Heavens! Let's see 'em and what a big deal they were..

There have been plenty of people here who have criticized Obama over gas prices.. but becuz they're not the same couple folks who faulted Bush, you're all up in arms? Again with the persecution complex.

You want to compare Bush criticism with Obama overall? Seriously?

And forget talking about off-topic for a second...I have seen no criticism of Obama, and certainly nothing approaching Bush-levels, in the mainstream media. In fact, just the other day I linked to an article EXCUSING Obama for any REAL responsibility on gas/oil prices. They are so in the tank for this guy, THEY GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to excuse him...forget about blaming him, like they did Bush.Find me some MSM articles faulting Bush for gas prices. Easy enuff, google news archives, go for it. I looked, I found this..

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/PainAtThePump/story?id=5197676&page=1#.UI2x_GdP_AE

:lol:

Under Obama, oil is hovering around $90 a barrel while gas is hovering near the price per gallon it was when the price of oil was around $140 per barrel (at its height) under Bush. And currently, we are told:

"As shown below, crude oil inventories are not only above average, but they are also at record levels for this time of year."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/945761-crude-oil-inventories-surge

It doesn't make much sense all around...but you apparently have quite the handle on everything...instead of your usual snarkiness, how about something of substance pertaining to the points raised?
I'm just as confused as you are why prices are so high in relation to crude. Makes no sense to me, gas should about $3.20 right now at most.

Tom
10-28-2012, 07:22 PM
You want to compare Bush criticism with Obama overall? Seriously?

Bush was a president and and a Commander in Chief.
Obama is nothing but a community organizer and a candidate.
Oh, and a liar. Almost forgot liar.

Stillriledup
10-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Hey, considering during the Bush administration, many critics posted here that Bush was able to manipulate gas prices HIGHER for his "oil buddies," wouldn't it be prudent for whoever is President (Obama or Romney) to install George W. Bush as some sort of OIL CZAR in their administration, since he appears to be the ONLY President CAPABLE of directly influencing the price of gas and oil? Would putting a former President to work in your administration be constitutional? :lol:

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Yeah, but we need an Oil Czar who will LOWER prices. GWB wouldnt be that guy. But, there's hope for the future, it appears that Romney is a lock to win presidency, so, when he comes into office, he can lower prices overnight, like many of his voters think he will.

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah, but we need an Oil Czar who will LOWER prices. GWB wouldnt be that guy. But, there's hope for the future, it appears that Romney is a lock to win presidency, so, when he comes into office, he can lower prices overnight, like many of his voters think he will.See, you're not getting it. Since GWB was constantly criticized as manipulating the price of oil UP for him and his BIG OIL buddies, then he certainly has the magical power (that no other President has, according to recent articles to excuse Obama) to bring them down. Like maybe he could start another recession.... :lol:

That's why he should be the OIL CZAR. Work his magic in the opposite direction of that which he has been accused in the past.

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2012, 08:44 PM
You want to compare Bush criticism with Obama overall? Seriously?If I knew you would be honest about it...yeah...why not?

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Find me some MSM articles faulting Bush for gas prices. Easy enuff, google news archives, go for it. I looked, I found this..

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/PainAtThePump/story?id=5197676&page=1#.UI2x_GdP_AEI found news stories reporting Democrats as faulting Bush for high prices, but those probably don't count, right?

Anyway, I'll concede you the point that the MSM itself wasn't promoting the "Oil and gas prices are high because Bush/Cheney have big oil connections," but they certainly weren't promoting the "Presidents don't have much control over oil prices" when Democrats were criticizing Bush on the price of gas and oil.

FantasticDan
10-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Bush was a president and and a Commander in Chief.

Not just a President and CiC, also a few other things.. :lol:

Tom, Dec. 2008:

The traitor Bush has just once again stabbed the American tax payer in the back.

This miserable excuse of a human and waste of skin has bailed out the auto companies, despite American being overwhelmingly opposed to it and after congress, our elected representatives in spite of the fact that most of them are degenerate thieves and liars, twice refused to do it. King George has once again told us loud and clear that we have no rights and that HE is the only one who knows what is good for us. And he does it the Friday before Christmas, while there is vitually no one around to challenge it.
The lousy POS.

Listen, once this pig is out of office, we need to support the left on this one - get the World Court to indict him on war crimes charges and arrest him and put him on trial by countries that hate us and him, and hope for a public hanging. This POS is not fit to let go. We must extract revenge on his worthless hide. I don't really care how we do it, or whether it is right or wrong, or even legal. This POS needs to fry.

That AH Bush has done FAR more damage to this country than Bin Laden did. We should have the military after his arse. There is no reason to go after OBL...the real enemy is here - it is in DC. Al Qeda is irrelevant.

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2012, 09:56 PM

Tom, Dec. 2008:And you guys love to say "the crazy righties" here never criticize "their own...." :lol:

Show me a post by one of the "left-leaners" here that goes after one of "their own" like that...since you seem so good at hunting stuff down today...

elysiantraveller
10-28-2012, 09:58 PM
And you guys love to say "the crazy righties" here never criticize "their own...." :lol:

Show me a post by one of the "left-leaners" here that goes after one of "their own" like that...since you seem so good at hunting stuff down today...

To expound on that I go after Tom all the time! :cool:

Dahoss9698
10-28-2012, 10:13 PM
And you guys love to say "the crazy righties" here never criticize "their own...." :lol:

You'll have to admit, that's a pretty good find.

FantasticDan
10-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Show me a post by one of the "left-leaners" here that goes after one of "their own" like that...since you seem so good at hunting stuff down today...Oh c'mon, I think if there's one thing that's obvious around here, it's that Tom is in a class by himself when it comes to :mad::jump::mad: :D

Tom
10-28-2012, 10:47 PM

Tom, Dec. 2008:

No doubt Bush burns in hell for his treatment of the two border guards.
And the dimwit actually listened to the left - unforgivable.
But still, you said compare Bush to Obama........not even close. :lol:
Bush did some things good, more things badly. But Obama - nothing but a zero so far.

Tom
10-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Oh c'mon, I think if there's one thing that's obvious around here, it's that Tom is in a class by himself when it comes to :mad::jump::mad: :D

You will notice the content of that old post has not changed to this day.
I call that consistency - something you lefties will never understand.
I think that shows I put principles ahead of personalities.

Go back farther, I was calling for Rumsfeld's ass long before we set foot in Baghdad. I do not look at left or right as the bottom line, just vehicles to get to it. What matters is what is right, no matter who is doing it.

Tom
10-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Found it for you.
Note the date.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5197

Not hard to find anything I've ever said here - I only use on screen name, unlike others here. :rolleyes:

Dahoss9698
10-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Found it for you.
Note the date.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5197

Not hard to find anything I've ever said here - I only use on screen name, unlike others here. :rolleyes:
I only use one also. Plus I know how to spell one.

I notice you've been missing a lot of letters lately. Must have busted through another keyboard.

Small price to pay for all the work you do here, right?

JustRalph
10-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Papers that have switched from Obama to Romney since 08

http://www.mittromney.com/news/press/2012/10/time-real-change-romney-has-clearer-vision-modern-economy

This is what I meant by embarrassed

Stillriledup
10-29-2012, 02:42 AM
No doubt Bush burns in hell for his treatment of the two border guards.
And the dimwit actually listened to the left - unforgivable.
But still, you said compare Bush to Obama........not even close. :lol:
Bush did some things good, more things badly. But Obama - nothing but a zero so far.

People who forgot more about politics than you will ever know say Bush was one of the worst in history. Obama? Not on the list.

And you say "not even close"?

Do you actually read when you write before you post, or do you have your cat dance around the keyboard and whatever keys kitty stikes, you find that fit to post.

Unbelievable.

http://www.usnews.com/news/history/articles/2009/02/17/historians-rank-george-w-bush-among-worst-presidents

Tom
10-29-2012, 07:38 AM
I only use one also. Plus I know how to spell one.
On the whle tim you hav ben her?

Tom
10-29-2012, 07:39 AM
And you say "not even close"?

Without a doubt.