PDA

View Full Version : SA Sunday

SAL
01-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Santa Anita Sunday:

R1 - #5 Neighbora-Got beat a neck by the ML fav off an extended layoff. Like the way she fought on after being passed. Another drill since, should be set.

R2 - #6 Trickinthepark – Had a wide trip last time in first start for new barn. Had no shot vs freakishly fast winner, wasn’t beat all that much for 2nd. Ample pace to close on here.

R3 - #2 Speed of Light-Comes off freshening for top barn. As consistent as they come, any improvement and he takes the picture today.

R4 - #7 Pvt Lynch-Pretty well bred horse for low key trainer. He does pretty well as a conditioner overall, so I like this runner to do well here.

R5 - #7 Seattlespectacular-Ran a couple of good ones before the extended layoff. Ran an even race in comebacker and has a couple of drills since. Return to previous form puts him right there.

R6 - #8 Royal Footage-Ran a couple of decent races on this surface before. Intriguing claim.

R7 - #4 Volterromo-Ran well on the dirt in Argentina. Showed he can step with this class on the turf, hoping he can transfer it to the dirt.

R8 - #2 Sightseek-Redemption time for her. Proven G1 winner should handle this field.

R9 - #2 Lobsteratthepalms-Here’s a case of I’ll take yours and beat you with it. I have no respect for LaCroix as a trainer. I think this runner will improve here and that his ML chalk will regress.

Bubbles
01-25-2004, 03:49 PM
There's an interesting horse in the 7th today. Irisheyesareflying has tremendous back-class, and won a few stakes races at his peak. A return to this form, which he might get while receiving two pounds from the horse outside of him, will get him a big piece, and at 6-1 ML odds, the price is right.

SAL
01-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Bubbles, my opinion on Irisheyesareflying is that he's seen his better days. He was in a perfect spot in his last race against a couple of other runners in here, and folded. Not to mention the fact that he's not at his best sprinting. I'd have to get 10/1 before I'd consider betting him.

Bubbles
01-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Guess this cancels out my picking of Southern Image in the Sunshine Classic, huh? LOL

SAL
01-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Not at all. One for two, with a 100% profit. I'd take that any day.

kingfin66
01-25-2004, 09:38 PM
I have been in beautiful Cabo San Lucas, Mex this week. I found the OTB here and played SA this afternoon. In the 7th, I liked the 1 and 7 as closers against an expected fast pace. I played them both to win. Lo and behold, the 1 won at 18-1. Unfortunately, Iggy Pulisi decided to ignore his opening on the rail and elected to ram several horses on his way to the finish line. My 18-1 bomb dq´d and was placed 4th. Damn. Fortunately, they have internet services here at the hotel so I could check in tonight.