PDA

View Full Version : "Registering the Poor to Vote is Un-American:"

maddog42
10-27-2012, 08:05 AM
I kind of always suspected it: Tea Baggers don't really like poor people.

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/02/11322/walker-using-out-state-tea-party-group-indirectly-challenge-recall.

(http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/09/registering_the_poor_to_vote_is_un-american.html)The group also elevates individuals who advocate for other limits to the franchise. In November, the King Street Patriots hosted a $100 per plate fundraiser featuring right-wing columnist Michael Vadum. Earlier that year Vadum authored an article titled "Registering the Poor to Vote is Un-American:" (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/09/registering_the_poor_to_vote_is_un-american.html)

"Registering [the poor] to vote is like handing out burglary tools to criminals," he wrote. "It is profoundly anti-social and un-American to empower the nonproductive segments of the population to destroy the country."

JustRalph
10-27-2012, 11:55 AM
A 9mth old story ?

You really never heard the phrase

"When you find yourself stuck in a hole, step 1 is to stop digging"

You're becoming a caricature

DJofSD
10-27-2012, 12:09 PM
But liberals love stupid people. I used the word stupid not ignorant. There is a big difference between the two.

MD: learn some basic logic. Ascribing the attributes of a member of a group to the entire group is a fallacy. Whenever I see such an error in logic I tend to ignore anything that follows.

ArlJim78
10-27-2012, 12:29 PM
what a hideous, disgraceful, smear this thread is. liberals have got NOTHING. no substance whatsoever. only this kind of ridiculous and juvenile attack.

TJDave
10-27-2012, 04:55 PM
But liberals love stupid people. I used the word stupid not ignorant. There is a big difference between the two.

Conservatives love stupid religious people. I used the word stupid not ignorant. There is a big difference between the two.

Dahoss9698
10-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Conservatives love stupid religious people. I used the word stupid not ignorant. There is a big difference between the two.

Well played...

Tom
10-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Monkey see, monkey do.
I know of what I speak. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
10-27-2012, 06:33 PM

TJDave, you are making a huge mistake. Most Conservatives I know have nothing to do with Religion. Evangelicals are a whole different animal.

The two paths cross from the Evangelical side mostly. Don't lump them together. It's a fallacy that all Conservatives are Religious. I am agnostic as they get. But I am also very conservative, with Libertarian leanings.

lsbets
10-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Well played...

No it wasn't. Example boxcar. He certainly fits the category of stupid religious person, but I don't think there is much conservative love for him

Dahoss9698
10-27-2012, 07:05 PM
No it wasn't. Example boxcar. He certainly fits the category of stupid religious person, but I don't think there is much conservative love for him
You got me there. He sure is a stupid religious person.

lsbets
10-27-2012, 07:07 PM
You got me there. He sure is a stupid religious person.

Hey we can agree on something. Gotta give box credit, he can bring people together in a way few others can.